Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Hunchback Jack

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the set, Jack!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Aha! Isn't being crazy fun?
    Thank you for the inspiration. 😉

I have updated the previous post to include pics.

HBJ

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I picked this up on eBay for well under cover price. Not pristine by any means, but a fun little item.

HBJ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats on the set, Jack!
    Thanks, Brian. Collecting them was fun, and thanks again to the members who bought and shipped me the hard-to-get ones.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

I picked this up on eBay for well under cover price. Not pristine by any means, but a fun little item.

HBJ
    Is that a pinback badge?

It's a flipback edition of the book. The entire text is included, and the book itself is only about the size of a smartphone. The pages are super thin, like a Bible. Onion skin? Whatever it's called.

It may not be very practical - I doubt I'll ever read it - but it's a fun variant on the usual.

Size relative to a standard paperback, chosen at random:

Showing the flipback cover, and title page:

HBJ

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info.... just ordered one from amazon.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's a flipback edition of the book. The entire text is included, and the book itself is only about the size of a smartphone. The pages are super thin, like a Bible. Onion skin? Whatever it's called.

It may not be very practical - I doubt I'll ever read it - but it's a fun variant on the usual.
    I think that it was the only King flipbook that got released.
    Those flipbook were launched a few years back (we also had a french publisher), but I think that they sort of disappeared off the market since
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

You were supposed to take them to the beach and pretend to read them while you looked at girls.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's cool... I wonder if it's only a format done for Misery...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HBJ
    Most welcome, Jack and that is a cool little book.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It wasnt done just for Misery, but that's the only King title done in that format.
    I am not sure how many titles by misc authors were done before they decided to discard that format

edit : amazon.co.uk lists 31 titles from 2011-2014
    >>> https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...ipback+edition
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Thanks for the comments and info, everyone. As needfulthings said, you can still order them new from Amazon UK, and there are usually a few up on eBay. So it's not a rarity, but it's a fun collectible.

I'm actually really happy with the condition mine is in. It's used, and I definitely wouldn't rate it "as new", but it's a solid "VG", maybe even "VG+". Frankly, it's in better condition than some new books arrive via post.

My inability to sleep is making me desperate.

(Some recent acquisitions.)

HBJ

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice books!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds, Jack!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Good ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Nice books!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Nice adds, Jack!
    Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Good ones!
    Thanks, guys! The Insomnia traycase has a couple of problems, but the other three books are in very nice condition, and both Desperations have their errata sheets.

HBJ

Car trouble:

(Thanks to a member here for making this available!)

HBJ

I did not like that book for some reason, but I do like the limited editions of it. I still covet the lettered edition.

Country
    Country Flag

Don't care for the story either but nice add all the same, Jack!

I don't care much for the story, either, but it's a nice edition, and I like the illustrations. They don't come up as often as I'd expect either, given the largish print run.

HBJ

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great additions.. You been busy, man!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast