Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Hunchback Jack

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool S/L's. IT is also a personal fave of mine (and 99% of other King collectors, I think! Great edition). While I did not like the novel Doctor Sleep, I do really love the S/L. The traycase and interior artwork are superb.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Okay, I confess ignorance. What do you mean by "that scene"?

Must agree about DOCTOR SLEEP. It was readable, but just didn't work for me.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Okay, I confess ignorance. What do you mean by "that scene"?

Must agree about DOCTOR SLEEP. It was readable, but just didn't work for me.
    I think the reference is to the scene where Bev loses her virginity to the rest of the losers club.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, Jack!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Dark Tower Signed Editions

(Sorry for the long delay between posts; I had to resize some images to fit this one)

This is a very recent acquisition from a member here, to whom I am very grateful. This set is a matching S/L set of DT III-VII and Little Sisters. The DT 4.5 pictured is an Artist edition.

This set is by far the pinnacle of my entire collection. I have various exclusive editions from other authors - including some lettered editions from small-print publishers - but this matching S/L set beats them all. Really thrilled to have it.

I'm still looking for S/L editions of DT I, II and Keyhole - non-matching, as I have a high number.

HBJ

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This collection doesn't seem modest at all. Very nice!!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Dez. Great collection!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

It's certainly modest compared to some amazing collections I have seen here.

But thank you, everyone. While there are a few "Holy Grail" items I would like to find, I'm generally pretty happy with what I've managed to collect over the years. And I've certainly enjoyed posting the pics and talking about some of the more interesting and personal items.

HBJ

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice picture, nice books, nice collection.

You have a high number and I have a high IQ. See how everything evens out?

(just to be on the safe side - I'm joking!)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great set..

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Jack!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Jack, I was wondering if your last name is Torrance and if hedge trimming is your hobby...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Jack, I was wondering if your last name is Torrance and if hedge trimming is your hobby...
    I think he's more into Croquet.....

All Work and No Play Make Jack a Dull Boy.

... oh, I'm sorry, did you ask me something?

HBJ

Who me? Nope, nada, uh-uh. Here, have a drink, I gotta' go.......!

A few recent acquisitions:

The illustrated Joyland edition, in CD slipcase.

UK Sleeping Beauties Editions. From left to right:
    • Standard Edition (Tiger)
    • W H Smith Edition (Moth)
    • Tesco's Edition (Peacock)
    • Waterstones Signed Limited Edition

Much thanks to craigobau for the Tesco's variant!

I won't try to get a full ten-volume UK variant set. That would be crazy...

... I keep telling myself.

HBJ

I recently managed to find a Signed Limited Grant Edition of The Drawing of the Three:

As you can see, the spine of the dustjacket has a slight wave in it from a too-tight Brodart cover, but otherwise the volume is in very good condition. The case has a few scuffs on the back corners, but not bad for a 30 year-old book.

Really pleased to get this. Still looking for a S/L Gunslinger and S/L Wind Through the Keyhole.

HBJ
    Last edited by Hunchback Jack; 04-28-2018 at 08:45 PM.

I like them all!

(And who are you calling crazy, by the way?)

"Crazy" only in the sense that there's no way I have shelf space for 10 thick hardcovers of the same novel!

But I hear them calling to me nonetheless ...

HBJ

It's amazing how you can find space when you really need it. I put three of them in one place, one in another in the same room, and five all lined up in another room. And I think I still have four copies, or is it six, of different states still on the way!

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds, Jack!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

This is one fine collection. I have a set of high number DT books as well so a completed matching set is out of the question. I don't even know if I will be able to get a S\L GS so if you do, you will be one up on me. I just need a WTTKH S\L and I will be good to go. Your sleeping beauties collection and your unsigned limited books are all great. I did not even know there were different versions of SB or how to get them. So you are one up on me. Keep on going. You are on the right track.

I have completed my set of the 10 UK Sleeping Beauties variants. That's the four standard editions, the four WH Smith Editions, the Tesco edition, and the signed limited. Guess I'm crazy, after all.

(And yes, I know about the four airport softcover variants, but I'm drawing the line at ten, dammit!)

HBJ

Aha! Isn't being crazy fun?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast