Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Hunchback Jack

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

C O N G R A T S !!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This last page is FILLED with SPAM!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Nice new toys!
    Indeed. Thanks, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats, Peter!
    Thanks, Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    P-LOCK! Haha nice new goodies, duder
    Thanks, Chad. Not super impressive from a King collecting standpoint, but I'll take them!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Yea Peter. It does look really nice.
    Thanks, Mike. The paperweight is a neat collectible, even if I don't have any papers to weigh down.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    C O N G R A T S !!!
    Thanks, Frank.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

The Dark Half, by Stephen King, rebound first US edition from Dragon Rebound Editions.

Quart-bound in leather and cloth, with a silk-lined traycase clad in slate. An amazing production.

I received this last year when it was released, but I didn't get around to taking photos until now. As usual, the photos don't do it justice.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That looks awesome and it's the color scheme I would have bought myself. Congrats.

The Wind Through the Keyhole, by Stephen King, Signed/Limited edition from Donald M. Grant.

This volume is a recent acquisition, bringing me one step closer to a complete (albeit unmatched) Grant S/L Dark Tower set.

I'm one Gunslinger short of a complete set (as my wife keeps telling me).

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Damn Peter. That's great too. I also just need the GS but that probably won't happen. Good luck in your quest though.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Very sharp looking books!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Peter! The Dark Half was done beautifully. Wish I could have stayed in the game when Paul first started doing those.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG BIG CONGRATS, supernice new books !!
    I LOVE the Dark Half !!!

That looks awesome and it's the color scheme I would have bought myself. Congrats.
    Thanks Mike! I didn't get a choice but was happy with what I got.

Damn Peter. That's great too. I also just need the GS but that probably won't happen. Good luck in your quest though.
    Thanks, Mike - good hunting to you as well. And don't give up hope, you never know when fortune may smile on us.

Very sharp looking books!
    Thanks, Steve. The DRE edition is spectacular, and Grant always does a fine job on their S/Ls, in my opinion.

Congrats, Peter! The Dark Half was done beautifully. Wish I could have stayed in the game when Paul first started doing those.
    This is my only DRE so far, ans feel very fortunate. It's gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    BIG BIG CONGRATS, supernice new books !!
    I LOVE the Dark Half !!!
    Thank you, Frank!

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man, two giants right there... Congrats man...

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Man, two giants right there... Congrats man...
    Thanks, Antoni. I've been looking for TWTTK for about 18 months, and one finally popped up at a good price. Great way to start the year.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to Michaël for a vice nice copy of the UK 1st edition of The Stand:

I'm very pleased to finally have this book in my collection, especially a copy in this condition. Thanks, Michaël!

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome pickup. The condition looks fantastic.

Congratulations

Ralph Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, way nicer than mine
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cool

Very nice UK Stand Peter. Very nice indeed. You are on . Makes me want to find one now. Oh boy, am I going to a UK collector as well? Damn you Peter .

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes please!!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That's a stand-up book.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Peter! Nice add and Michael is super to work with!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Glad it arrived safely, Peter! Congrats!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice one, dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Awesome pickup. The condition looks fantastic.

Congratulations

Ralph Mulleins
    Thanks, Ralph! I'm very happy with the condition. It has a few minor defects that are typical of this edition, but most copies I've seen are much worse than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Wow, way nicer than mine
    Thanks, Garrell.

Very nice UK Stand Peter. Very nice indeed. You are on . Makes me want to find one now. Oh boy, am I going to a UK collector as well? Damn you Peter .
    Thanks, Mike! Come on in, the water's fine! I do like the U.K. Editions as you know, but finding some of the early titles in good condition can be tough. They had quite small print runs.

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Yes please!!

That's a stand-up book.
    Thanks, Steve.

Congrats, Peter! Nice add and Michael is super to work with!
    Agreed! Michaël was great to work with, and was very patient with my questions and taking photos of the books. I actually wasn't looking for The Stand in particular, but buying from a well-regarded member here was a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Glad it arrived safely, Peter! Congrats!
    Thanks, Michaël! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Nice one, dude!
    Thanks, Chad! As a U.K. Collector, this is a big one to cross off the list.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

I haven't posted in a couple of months, and the reason is that I'm hitting pause on King (and collecting generally) for a while. I went a bit crazy last year - especially over the holidays - and really need to re-evaluate my collecting goals, and my collecting method.

King-wise, I've decided to focus on/keep the following:
    * UK 1st/1st trade editions and variants (eg. WH Smith)
    * UK Hodder S/Ls
    * Dark Tower S/Ls and 1st/Artist editions from Grant
    * Select S/Ls based on favourite novels and/or production quality (eg. CD IT, Suntup Misery, Grant Talisman/Black House)
    * Specific editions that I think are "neat". (eg. Bachman UK firsts, Gunslinger F&SF issues)

What I will stop collecting are S/Ls for books that I didn't particularly care for, and random gift editions. There are a few I'll hang onto - I'll probably complete the CD Doubleday series, for example, just because I've paid for them already - but I'll be selling off the rest, and not buying any more.

I'm likewise planning to go through my non-Kings and make some hard choices. A couple of years ago, I went through a stage of buying SubPress signed editions just to complete sets of books that looked gorgeous, and that I thought I might read some day. Now, they are taking up shelf space and realistically, I doubt I'll ever get to them. So, out they go.

I still have some specific items I'm looking out for, so this thread isn't dead. But updates will be fewer and farther between.

Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast