Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Hunchback Jack

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Peter!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Whoa! That’s in incredibly good shape! What are you doing with the old copy? I need an upgrade from my best-to-hell copy. Maybe yours isn’t as bad as mine.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats, Peter!
    Thanks, Brian. It was actually a 2018 goal I'd forgotten about, and then this copy caught my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Whoa! That’s in incredibly good shape! What are you doing with the old copy? I need an upgrade from my best-to-hell copy. Maybe yours isn’t as bad as mine.
    Adam, you've heard of "acceptable" condition? Mine's in unacceptable condition.

I'll post some photos tomorrow. I won't do it now as my wife's asleep and I don't want to wake her.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Peter, I spent a few minutes going back through your collection. It is a really good one. I hope you can keep on going. I am doing my best as well. But you have some that I think are really cool. If you get a S\L GS, it will put you over the top.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That is a lovely copy of Long Walk..congrats buddy!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That does look like a really nice copy. The Bachman book I have is the first ed hard back of Thinner. So I really need to work on getting these as well. But that is a great looking copy.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Peter, I spent a few minutes going back through your collection. It is a really good one. I hope you can keep on going. I am doing my best as well. But you have some that I think are really cool. If you get a S\L GS, it will put you over the top.
    Thanks, Mike. My "collection" didn't really start until I got an incomplete set of DT S/Ls about a year ago. Since then, I've been gradually adding to it, thanks largely to the community here. I do have a few more wants, but I think I may be largely done with King for the year.

You also have some very cool things in your collection. And a recent acquisition of Talisman Grant S/L! Keep it up, man.

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    That is a lovely copy of Long Walk..congrats buddy!
    Thanks, Chad. Yeah, it's actually a lot nicer than I was prepared to accept, so that was a nice surprise. My other UK Bachmans are all in pretty good shape, so I think I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    That does look like a really nice copy. The Bachman book I have is the first ed hard back of Thinner. So I really need to work on getting these as well. But that is a great looking copy.
    Thanks again. Yeah, the Bachman paperback originals are a cool thing to have, if you can find them. I only have the UK ones, though.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

A few new additions, thanks to a couple of members here.

Elevation Hodder Trade and W H Smith variant editions. Thanks to Simon for purchasing and shipping to the US!

Wizard and Glass Hodder hardcover edition. This has been a long sought-after item for me, as the trade PB edition was much more common on release, in both the UK and Australia.

Thanks very much to Antoni (peripheral) for selling his copy, and shipping it across the Pacific. It's in *amazing* condition. Hard to believe it's a 20 year old book.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice gets, Peter! I see you're one of Simon's "clients" as well
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Nice Wizard and Glass. I am always confused which is the first UK edition of this title. Is it the paperback or the hardback?

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on all of the new additions, Peter! That Long Walk is superb (as is that W&G, if I do say so myself

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Nice Wizard and Glass. I am always confused which is the first UK edition of this title. Is it the paperback or the hardback?
    The first UK edition is the trade paperback - this hardback was released for the Australian market specifically (and is the only HB of the UK version).

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice new books, congrats Peter !!!

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    The first UK edition is the trade paperback - this hardback was released for the Australian market specifically (and is the only HB of the UK version).

Indeed! Simon is a great guy to find such nice copies and ship then across the Atlantic. Very generous with his time. (Thanks again, Simon!)

As Antoni said, the trade PB is the 1st edition, and is more common. I have seen copies of this HC edition before, but they are not nearly as common. This is a first printing of that edition, which I am thrilled about!

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Congrats on all of the new additions, Peter! That Long Walk is superb (as is that W&G, if I do say so myself
    Thanks, Antoni. Yeah, I'm really pleased with The Long Walk. It's not pristine by any means, but it is *very* nice - and my favourite Bachman novel. And thanks again for W&G. Could not be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Very nice new books, congrats Peter !!!
    Thanks Frank. I'm very much winding down for the year, but was very glad to get these additions on the shelf.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Indeed! Simon is a great guy to find such nice copies and ship then across the Atlantic. Very generous with his time. (Thanks again, Simon!) HBJ
    Couldn't agree more. I really ask a lot of the guy and he's great about it.

My Mood
    Cool

Peter,
    Please clear some space so I can reply
    Thanks

Mike, sorry about that. My inbox has some room now.

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cool

sent you a message.

Not King, but King-related. This is the Lettered Edition of The Dark Tower: The Complete Concordance by Robin Furth, from Cemetery Dance.

Does anyone know if there was a lettered version of the Revised Edition from CD?

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

And again, not King, but King-related - the Misery Royal Keys paperweight (matching my S/L) from Suntup Editions:

(Consider this an unboxing slideshow )

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice new toys!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Peter!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

P-LOCK! Haha nice new goodies, duder

My Mood
    Cool

Yea Peter. It does look really nice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast