Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Hunchback Jack

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I could not get the S/L link to work, and the lettered link only showed a few books. Typical of the Sub Press problems I'm having lately.

Did you buy any of the Vance or Ellison books?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

The site was very slow, but held up well enough for my transaction to (eventually) go through. It was pretty frenzied - almost everything was sold in the first 30 minutes, and the really hot items went in the first 5.

I did not get any Vance or Ellison, but picked up a couple by other authors. The lettered and limited editions of The Dying Earth - both signed - were available, but they went almost immediately. Had my focus not been elsewhere, I definitely would have tried for it.

All for a good cause; the proceeds went to a charity for research into Lupus.

HBJ

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Looks like I missed the start of the auction by 10 to 30 minutes. That explains why nothing was left then.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    The site was very slow, but held up well enough for my transaction to (eventually) go through. It was pretty frenzied - almost everything was sold in the first 30 minutes, and the really hot items went in the first 5.

I did not get any Vance or Ellison, but picked up a couple by other authors. The lettered and limited editions of The Dying Earth - both signed - were available, but they went almost immediately. Had my focus not been elsewhere, I definitely would have tried for it.

All for a good cause; the proceeds went to a charity for research into Lupus.

HBJ
    I was ready and refreshing, with my credit card number copied and ready to paste, to shave off every second, and I still missed the main book I was trying to grab (Ready Player One Lettered). I did manage to snag my second choice, but then I hesitated for about 2 minutes on what I wanted next and by the time I decided it didn't even matter because practically everything was gone!

And what's nice is that these are actually in stock so we should get them this week... I'm so used to pre-orders that it will be a nice treat...

Can't wait to see what you got!!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

They arrive tomorrow, so I may post in the P&J thread.

I made the tough choice of not trying for RPO, as I figured multiple people would go for it, and didn't want to be slowed down by having to remove it from my cart if it was already gone.

I'd love to see what you picked up!

HBJ

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I regret nothing. HBJ
    The collector's code
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did your books arrive safely??

Mine came yesterday. I was able to snag my second choice, which was the lettered The Fifth Season. It's gonna drive me a little nuts that I won't be able to have a matching lettered set of the trilogy but I'm happy to have the first book, at least.

I have been foiled lately on the last 3 or 4 lettered editions (PC sometimes), I've tried to buy. I think the Goddess (I'm much more interested in goddesses than gods) of Frugality is watching over me. I think I'll start praying to the Goddess of Getrichquick from now on.

I posted some pics in the Pride and Joy thread, here. (I post only Stephen King related items here)

Lotuz, The Fifth Season was definitely tempting. Congratulations!

HBJ

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Hunchback Jack;1098702]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Congrats for the nice FDNS and my ... bad memories / most hated book NV 5 s/l.
    Oh no. Is there a story behind that, Stockerlone?

I bought the book with an other s/l book from an former forum member, and i did not get them. The money was gone.
    Then came out the guy-disel24 sold his books several times.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I posted some pics in the Pride and Joy thread, here. (I post only Stephen King related items here)

Lotuz, The Fifth Season was definitely tempting. Congratulations!

HBJ
    Saw your stuff over there, Peter. Nice grabs!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Some good looking stuff in the Pride and Joy thread. They all look really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Saw your stuff over there, Peter. Nice grabs!
    Thanks, Brian. They (Silence of the Lambs, Summer of Night, and Swan Song) were the top three lettereds in my list, and I was thrilled to get all three.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Some good looking stuff in the Pride and Joy thread. They all look really nice.
    Thanks, Mike. I think they're among the nicest editions SubPress have done.

Is that SILENCE OF THE LAMBS a PC of the lettered edition?

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    It is, indeed. Exactly the same in every way - including authors signature - except it does not have a letter. There were at least two copies available in the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    It is, indeed. Exactly the same in every way - including authors signature - except it does not have a letter. There were at least two copies available in the sale.
    Grrrrr, not when I got there. I probably couldn't have afforded it anyway.

Wizard and Glass Hodder S/L, courtesy of David from Betts:

HBJ

Country
    Country Flag

Nice add, Peter!

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

I really like how you broke up your collection for easier viewing along with notable items explained. I think I’ll try to give that a shot with mine. Man, don’t get me wrong, all the limited and lettered editions are amazing to see here on TDT, but I really enjoyed your Mass Market Paperback pictures! One of my goals is to have a home with a fireplace, a comfortable chair near it, and a tall and wide bookshelf near the chair with nothing but mass market paperbacks in it. I think the phrase, “curl up with a good book” was meant to describe getting comfortable with a mass market paperback that just kind of molds to your hands. Anyway, I seem to have a case of rambling on this morning... thanks for sharing your collection!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Thanks Brian and Adam!

Adam, thanks for your kind words. I enjoyed photographing and explaining my collection. I think everyone has items in their collection with personal stories behind them, and I'd love to hear those stories.

And I agree with you about paperbacks. There's something familiar and comforting about them.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Some good stuff in here Jack. Keep it going.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Great W&G limited. Nicely done

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice... Congrats

With many thanks to Jon: three new U.K. S/Ls.

HBJ

My Mood
    Cool

Awesome. Just Awesome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast