Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Insomnia adapted as a VR series

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Insomnia adapted as a VR series

http://deadline.com/2017/07/stephen-...ay-1202133074/
    The Dead Zone series exec producer Lloyd Segan is back in business with King on a potentially ground-breaking premise. They will adapt the 1994 King novel Insomnia as a scripted VR series, and are in talks with Google to make it happen. The Fate Of The Furious and Straight Outta Compton helmer F. Gary Gray is circling to direct a terror story about a man stricken with extreme insomnia that unlocks an ability to see messengers of death, these gnome-like creatures that cut the strings of the life aura that everyone possesses. All this is set against a pro-choice convention. The plan is to film an hour, initially, broken into five- or 10-minute segments that can be viewed at home with systems like Valve, PlayStation, Xbox.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know Insomnia is often viewed as middle of the road for a lot of people, but it's solidly in my personal King Top 5 novels. I don't think this is the way to go with it (plus I don't really know what VR is like), I was really hoping for a limited Netflix series or something.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I know Insomnia is often viewed as middle of the road for a lot of people, but it's solidly in my personal King Top 5 novels. I don't think this is the way to go with it (plus I don't really know what VR is like), I was really hoping for a limited Netflix series or something.
    I agree that this is an excellent book, much better the second time around.
    I think this is a silly idea, I thought VR was a acronym for a production company when I read the topic.

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/253...ems-lot-stand/
    Kingamania is running wild, brother, and it’s showing no signs of slowing down! It’s wonderful to see Stephen King’s work getting so much attention lately with the mega successful IT adaptation opening the door to even more onscreen horrors to come. Recently King sat down with Vulture to talk about what’s next.

When asked about new versions of The Stand which have garnered the interest of directors like Ben Affleck and Josh Boone, and even the possibility of a VR adaptation of Insomnia, King had the following to say.

“You just never know until it’s gonna happen, but the VR thing is still percolating away. I don’t think it’s dead or anything like that, although I haven’t heard about it lately. There’s talk about another thing, an animated feature, but I can’t tell you anything further — it’s a secret. That looks like it might happen. There’s talk about doing The Stand as an extended TV series, possibly for Showtime or CBS All Access, and there’s been some interest in developing Salem’s Lot as a feature, probably because people are saying, ‘Well, we took an old miniseries called It and turned it into a phenomenon, so maybe we can do it with something else.’ Nothing succeeds like excess!”

Another version of Salem’s Lot? That didn’t work so well the last time back in 2004 under the direction of Mikael Salomon, but hey, try try again, right? We’ll keep our ears to the ground. As for that secret thing… oh, Stephen! You’re such a tease! Bless your black little heart!

+ Reply to Thread