Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: IT Rebound

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

As they say "Haters gonna hate" Hopefully I never get to the point where social media influences my book buying...Id never get to buy anything cool (Not counting TDT, as it influences/tempts me into many less-than-sound financial decisions)

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    My bad. I forgot this one, which is worth a mention:

Spoiler:
    This one doesn't have anything special to be honest. If they lowered the price to around $100 dollars I'm sure more people would be interested. For the price they are asking I'd expect full colored illustrations as well, not just new cover and slip case that looks like a cardboard and the metal part.
    For $100 I might sell them some left over cotton floss and a paper boat that didn't make the cut (maybe folded into a truck or something)

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Late to share some kudos. Paul - as always, an amazing creation. It looks fantastic!
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I tell you... the response to this book has been unbelievable. I never expected it to be such a topic of conversation. It has been featured on some very popular blogs, like bloody-disgusting.com, and the SYFY Wire.

The Facebook post has experienced a reach of 25,000+ people, and has been shared 89 times.

For your reading pleasure, I have culled some of my most favorite comments about the book from across the web and social media. I just love them. I present to you, my top 5 list:

Spoiler:
    #5 - Almost made a cheerio come out of my nose after I saw the price
    #4 - So that's pretty much a dollar a page! You can keep it. Highway robbery at its best!
    #3 - I like it. But you would have to be out of your fucking mind to pay fifteen hundred for this.
    #2 - Jesus, those balloons look fucking awful! Who the hell came up with this monstrosity?
    #1 - I don't think even Stephen King could afford this.

The more attention something gets, the more trolls appear. The good news is that nowadays even moronic statements provide publicity. The better news is (for 26 buyers who willing, gleefully, are buying one), that you are raising the bar for what can be done with a King book.

P.S.

The comment about King being able to afford one is silly. I'm sure if King asked for one, you would find a way to work out a mutually agreeable deal.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default IT Rebound

Yes I may have to give Mr. King a discount or something. But yeah, I get a good laugh out of the troll comments. Some of these were doozies. It's just really great that the book is getting the attention that it is.

And thanks Luke for the comment.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

To quote an old adage: opinions are like assholes, everybody has one...
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Well, I tell you... the response to this book has been unbelievable. I never expected it to be such a topic of conversation. It has been featured on some very popular blogs, like bloody-disgusting.com, and the SYFY Wire.

The Facebook post has experienced a reach of 25,000+ people, and has been shared 89 times.

For your reading pleasure, I have culled some of my most favorite comments about the book from across the web and social media. I just love them. I present to you, my top 5 list:

Spoiler:
    #5 - Almost made a cheerio come out of my nose after I saw the price
    #4 - So that's pretty much a dollar a page! You can keep it. Highway robbery at its best!
    #3 - I like it. But you would have to be out of your fucking mind to pay fifteen hundred for this.
    #2 - Jesus, those balloons look fucking awful! Who the hell came up with this monstrosity?
    #1 - I don't think even Stephen King could afford this.

The more attention something gets, the more trolls appear. The good news is that nowadays even moronic statements provide publicity. The better news is (for 26 buyers who willing, gleefully, are buying one), that you are raising the bar for what can be done with a King book.

P.S.

The comment about King being able to afford one is silly. I'm sure if King asked for one, you would find a way to work out a mutually agreeable deal.
    This about sums it up i know im downright giddy about getting one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What I found interesting - at the end of this write up as well as at the end of Larry Fire's blog - the last line is that you can order your copy here...it gives the illusion that it might be available on a larger scale. I do not think either mentioned the small number being produced. So the trolls might come out again as to why they couldn't purchase a copy. BTW just made my first installment
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Gotta love installments, I wish every publisher offered them.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You are either a fan of rebound books or you are not.

Not really a middle ground. For me anyway....

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes I may have to give Mr. King a discount or something. But yeah, I get a good laugh out of the troll comments. Some of these were doozies. It's just really great that the book is getting the attention that it is.

And thanks Luke for the comment.
    For the last seven years I've been taking care of the social networks of the Spanish Publisher (www.facebook.com/todostephenking) and my bookstore (www.facebook.com/restaurantdelamente) and the percentage of trolls is getting higher. The good thing is that for every troll there's always a couple of people willing to reply them (usually tagging the trolls as people with lack of sex ). When my book was published I got some as well (one even saying that the publication was a conspiracy by the publishing house (Penguin Random House) to steal sales of his book (a book by SK published on demand). LOL.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I believe many of these comments are probably not intentional trolling; I'm guessing news of this It is reaching quite a few people who are new to the whole idea, and to whom, therefore, the idea of a $1,500 book is outlandish to the point of being offensive.

The person who mentioned a $100 edition is on to something, in that we know such things can be great indeed (someone should hook that person up with the product page for CD's It GE so they can see it's been done).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Except that the CD Gift ed of IT are now apparently worth about $800
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I don't know if a single sale at $800... $500 to $600 max is the rate.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I believe many of these comments are probably not intentional trolling; I'm guessing news of this It is reaching quite a few people who are new to the whole idea, and to whom, therefore, the idea of a $1,500 book is outlandish to the point of being offensive.
    I think this is exactly the case.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

May not be selling, but certainly being touted at that price...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

May not be selling, but certainly being touted at that price...
    I am only speaking sales...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Recently there have been some Gift editions sell in the $700 range.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Agree 100%, you either ARE or NOT

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

But with Dragon Rebound Editions you are getting True Art Treasures by Renowned Artisans also.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Agree 100%, you either ARE or NOT
    It's interesting you say that because, didn't Stu do a rebound edition of the Salem's Lot centipede press edition? I believe that has been one of the most clamoured over Editions on this site for many people and those were simply a classic rebound with fine materials. These are on a whole other plane! Not only are you getting a rebound in some of the finest materials available but you are getting the book as a piece of art. The Georgie boat and sewer grate - I mean cmon that's fucking awesome. Not to mention the prints that come with the book signed by the original artist. This site has gone nuts over much, much less than this. These are true works of craftsmanship and vision.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Neither David or I are questioning the quality of craftsmanship or materials used in conjunction with Paul's projects. They appear to be second-to-none.

Simply suggesting that most collectors are clearly on one side of the fence or the other specific to the collectible appeal of a rebound book.

Paul, well done and congrats on the success.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Neither David or I are questioning the quality of craftsmanship or materials used in conjunction with Paul's projects. They appear to be second-to-none.

Simply suggesting that most collectors are clearly on one side of the fence or the other specific to the collectible appeal of a rebound book.

Paul, well done and congrats on the success.
    I'm not "on one side of the fence or or the other". I judge each rebound on their own merits. There are some I'm not a fan of, but most I enjoy. As with any book, some want one, some don't. The trolls out there just want to hate, or they are jealous.
    I don't collect vintage cars, and I'm sometimes amazed at what old cars fetch at auction-including custom cars (which is similar to rebinding a book-one takes a car and modifies it). I don't go around denigrating the cars, or the people who like them.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    It's interesting you say that because, didn't Stu do a rebound edition of the Salem's Lot centipede press edition? I believe that has been one of the most clamoured over Editions on this site for many people and those were simply a classic rebound with fine materials.
    I love those rebounds. It was a different way to look at the CP book, with page blocks that were mostly thrown away.
    I have my eye on one right now...

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

If you don't like rebound books and aren't interested in collecting them, that's your prerogagative. But why come into this thread and post that fact?
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast