Hi All.

So, I'm not quite ready to make an official announcement for the next custom-bound book, however, I have a dilemma which I'd like your opinion on. If I execute this one with the complete vision I have for it, it will not be cheap, and will cost more than Firestarter. It will be amazing, but costly. It involves the work of 4 different artisans, each with a diffetent specialty. I am so excited about this one.

So anyway, I've been thinking it through, and each time I consider scrapping some of the ideas, I just can't bring myself to do it because I really want to produce it in the way I have envisioned.

This morning, I came up with a possible solution. I offer two versions. Without revealing too much at this stage, what I have planned is a full leather binding. One way to cut costs would be to offer a 2nd version that will be quarter bound in leather (so spine in leather, front and back boards in paper, or possibly another non-leather material.) Still exquisite and elegant, but with the benefit of not being as costly as full leather.

I'm thinking it may be helpful to provide a ballpark price, and perhaps we can see how many of you would be willing to invest that for the higher priced version. Right now it's shaking out at somewhere between $1,200 and $1,500. I don't have a ballpark on the lower priced version yet. As usual, there would be interest-free payment terms. I could potentially even extend those over a longer period for the more costly version.

In my heart of hearts, I do not want to scrap my initial vision, but I think the idea of offering two versions, at two price points, may be the best solution. What do you all think?