Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: photobucket fucked most everyone

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

OK PEOPLE - I HAVE A FIX FOR PHOTOBUCKET'S F@$% UP!

1. it does not require you to re-download or re-upload any of your photos
    2. You WILL need to edit each of your posts that include a linked Photobucket photo, but the editing is simple and fast (I did the first page of my collection in < 30 seconds)
    3. I cannot guarantee that this fix will last, but it works right now.

So, how does the magic work? Simple. All you need to do is add the extension "~original" IMMEDIATELY AFTER the .jpg (or .png or whatever the file type is of your picture), so if your post has something like this:

PHP Code:
    [IMG]http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/stroppygoblin/IMG_0013_zpsf671ab2b.jpg[/IMG] 
    It should be edited to look like this:

PHP Code:
    [IMG]http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/stroppygoblin/IMG_0013_zpsf671ab2b.jpg~original[/IMG] 
    That's it! it's still a PITA but it's a simple short term solution. If we can get something sorted out for uploading bulk images to TDT, then I would strongly recommend that thats the way to go.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks stroppy!

It's tedious, but it works. I wonder how long before the folks at PB figure it out?

BTAIM, going forth, members should noy use PB for picture hosting.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet! Thanks Simon. Hope this works long term.

I've moved all my photos to another host but it's a lot of work resaving all the links. Wish I could just find and replace all at once.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Works a treat! Thanks Simon.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're a rockstar Simon!
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've started to help on a few threads. I'm editing the links.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

aaaaarrrgh!!! It doesn't work for me - my photo or the 'photobucket logo' disappears from the screen when I insert the ~original.

My photos appear different from Simon's example above as I have a URL wrapped around the IMG -- if that makes sense.

BTW is this because I'm working from a Mac?

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I HAD a PB account, though I didn't use it. I have just deleted it and let them know why.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    aaaaarrrgh!!! It doesn't work for me - my photo or the 'photobucket logo' disappears from the screen when I insert the ~original.

My photos appear different from Simon's example above as I have a URL wrapped around the IMG -- if that makes sense.

BTW is this because I'm working from a Mac?
    You just have to put the ~original on both image names.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry folks it looks like this fix was short lived. I just checked my thread (and others I had fixed) and the images are not showing again
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Sorry folks it looks like this fix was short lived. I just checked my thread (and others I had fixed) and the images are not showing again
    Most of mine are working but not all...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Damn. It may be (will be) a bitch, but people can re-host all of the images and then edit all of their posts that have an image in them, or start brand new. I suggest the rebuild. It's a bitch, but quite honestly worth it.

We are still trying to come up with a viable fix that is easy on members, but the odds aren't in our favor

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

To create your own album here (please only upload images primarily but not strictly related to the Stephen King world-no boat pics, etc.):

At the top of the page click on Gallery
    Just below the top, click on My Albums
    Click on Create a new album

Follow the prompts to name your album. You are then ready to upload.

Be advised that their are size limits for pictures. Not only in pixel size, but in file size. The limits are reasonable, but won't allow a 4MB pic to be uploaded, nor something 2,000 x 1,000 pixels.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks RF, I just created an album. Taking baby steps but I'll get there!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We were able to bulk upload ~2K pics to a member's library. Since the beginning part of photobucket was still there, we edited each picture in their collection thread by highlighting the beginning URL, then pasting the new beginning URL from our site. Slick!

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So does anyone feel that other image hosting sites will follow suit here? Thankfully I never used PB but should I be worried that other sites will eventually have to go to a pay method. Perhaps not so drastic and hostagey as PB but still transition into some form of pay to store? Just curious.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    So does anyone feel that other image hosting sites will follow suit here? Thankfully I never used PB but should I be worried that other sites will eventually have to go to a pay method. Perhaps not so drastic and hostagey as PB but still transition into some form of pay to store? Just curious.
    I think this crappy move has put concern in the mind of anyone that uses 3rd party hosting for their forum images. I for one will utilising the TDT Gallery for all my SK pictures going forward. It makes sense to link the 2 together and means I will never have to worry about updating years of postings again!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    We were able to bulk upload ~2K pics to a member's library. Since the beginning part of photobucket was still there, we edited each picture in their collection thread by highlighting the beginning URL, then pasting the new beginning URL from our site. Slick!
    I'm the guinea pig on this one and so far it's been fairly painless (albeit time consuming) to resolve all images on a thread. Most of the time it is as simple as stated by RF, you just need to edit the beginning of the image URL with the new one from the site. As all images are in the same Gallery this remains consistent.

There are a few gotchas though which you should check if the image is still not showing:
    1. If the Photobucket image name contained a space it would appear as '%20' in the filename. When imported to TDT this gets changed to an underscore "_" so you must manually change the file name (in the post) to match
    2. Most of the images (certainly mine) are of reasonable quality and size. The TDT import will but them into a sub-folder called "medium". For the majority of photos that will be your default. Occasionally though one of the images will be small enough to go into the default folder which is one level above, so you need to delete the "/medium" part from the url in the post. There may be a "/high" but I have not come across it yet.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

How did you bulk upload? That was the one thing I could never figure out. I see on the upload where it shows a URL but never got that to work and when I go to select the images from my computer I can only select one.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    How did you bulk upload? That was the one thing I could never figure out. I see on the upload where it shows a URL but never got that to work and when I go to select the images from my computer I can only select one.
    The pics were uploaded directly to the server (FTP) to the folder for the the user (stroppygoblin-user ID 16216). The user then goes to their album and chooses the upload/submit. The process take a bit of time, then voila, the pictures appear in their album.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    The pics were uploaded directly to the server (FTP) to the folder for the the user (stroppygoblin-user ID 16216). The user then goes to their album and chooses the upload/submit. The process take a bit of time, then voila, the pictures appear in their album.
    To clarify...
    1. I downloaded my album from PB as a zip file. I then uploaded that zip file to an accessible web space (I used Google Drive)
    2. RF then FTP'd that file to the server and put it in my personal user folder (as stated above)
    3. Once the file was put there I could then do the bulk upload.

The "Load from URL" option is not fully baked and doesnt work at this time.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My Collection thread has now been pretty much restored. A couple of spurious images that were not in my main PB album that i will need to manually upload, but other than that all good.

If anyone needs help with their thread, please let me know.

EDIT: Oh one last tip, Do NOT select the option to be notified about uploads to your album. You get one email PER photo and if you just bulk uploaded ~2k of images, it gets pretty tedious....

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like I'm the latest Photobucket victim. It was working fine last week, but now they want to be paid.

Has anyone had luck with other photo sharing sites?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Looks like I'm the latest Photobucket victim. It was working fine last week, but now they want to be paid.

Has anyone had luck with other photo sharing sites?
    MIne i gone too... not sure I will put up pics anymore
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah mine too...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast