Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: photobucket fucked most everyone

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    I have no clue as to why Photobucket thought this would be a good idea. Do they honestly think people would pay $400 a year and carry on using their service, especially after the way they have handled this.

After looking through my thread here, it appears that all my photos are still in place. At least they were when I looked. Is that because I haven't logged into Photobucket since they rolled out this ridiculous idea? I've had no emails or anything warning of this change nor asking me to pay and update my account. How is it that mine appear to be all intact and others are gone and replaced with the update your account placeholder?
    It may be driven by traffic Rachel. You haven't posted on your thread recently, which probably means only a few people may have looked at it. (most traffic occurs on a collection thread when something new is posted as it rises to the top of "unread posts"). The downside may be that the more people look at your photo's, the more likely it is for them to disappear....

If you can, (and I know others are having issues) I would recommend downloading your albums from PB, even if you have them stored locally. The downloads from PB will retain the same filename as the ones used on the thread, so it makes it easier to fix in the long run.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, that sounds like a job for Mick
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

HELP!! I have a photo of my Duma Key proof in my gallery but I can't post it. Here's the URL:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/...-proof&cat=500

John

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    HELP!! I have a photo of my Duma Key proof in my gallery but I can't post it. Here's the URL:

John

EDIT: Not sure if you were wanting to post it here or somewhere else, buddy.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post

John
    Thanks Chad. What did I do wrong?

John

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post

John

Thanks Chad. What did I do wrong?

John
    Not real sure, all I did was follow your URL, right click on the image and go to properties, copy the URL, then paste in in the "insert image" and it seemed to do fine.

Maybe you were using the URL to your gallery as opposed to the URL to the image itself?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Got it. I didn't know about the right click, etc. I'm going to try it with the publisher's letter next. Thanks again!

John

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Got it. I didn't know about the right click, etc. I'm going to try it with the publisher's letter next. Thanks again!

John
    No problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It worked just fine. Thanks again!

John

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Response from photobucket

Jul 21, 1:56 PM MDT

Hello there!

I am very sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you. This is a known issue affecting several users and our engineering team is troubleshooting the problem. We will get this resolved as soon as we can!

Sorry, but for the time being you will need to download images individually.

Thank you for your patience and again, I am terribly sorry for this inconvenience!

Photobucket Team@Photobucket Support

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Response from photobucket

Jul 21, 1:56 PM MDT

Hello there!

I am very sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you. This is a known issue affecting several users and our engineering team is troubleshooting the problem. We will get this resolved as soon as we can!

Sorry, but for the time being you will need to download images individually.

Thank you for your patience and again, I am terribly sorry for this inconvenience!

Photobucket Team@Photobucket Support
    Translation:

We don't care that you want to, and cannot retrieve your images.
    In the meantime, you can pay $2.99 a month to have virtually no ads. For $5.99 per month your access is ad free.
    The payment process is working and there are no user issues.

Third party links are available with an annual fee of $399.00.
    This price is guaranteed for 1 year.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5