Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
I have no clue as to why Photobucket thought this would be a good idea. Do they honestly think people would pay $400 a year and carry on using their service, especially after the way they have handled this.

After looking through my thread here, it appears that all my photos are still in place. At least they were when I looked. Is that because I haven't logged into Photobucket since they rolled out this ridiculous idea? I've had no emails or anything warning of this change nor asking me to pay and update my account. How is it that mine appear to be all intact and others are gone and replaced with the update your account placeholder?
It may be driven by traffic Rachel. You haven't posted on your thread recently, which probably means only a few people may have looked at it. (most traffic occurs on a collection thread when something new is posted as it rises to the top of "unread posts"). The downside may be that the more people look at your photo's, the more likely it is for them to disappear....

If you can, (and I know others are having issues) I would recommend downloading your albums from PB, even if you have them stored locally. The downloads from PB will retain the same filename as the ones used on the thread, so it makes it easier to fix in the long run.