Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose ONE

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Malkovich inside Malkovich - Being John Malkovich (1999)

2 12.50%
  • Playing Catch with Dad - Field of Dreams (1989)

5 31.25%
  • Neo realizes he is The One - The Matrix (1999)

1 6.25%
  • Ending scene - Heathers (1988.)

1 6.25%
  • Hotel Lobby scene - The Graduate (1967)

1 6.25%
  • The Death of Percy Wetmore - The Green Mile (1999)

1 6.25%
  • "O Captain, my Captain!" - Dead Poets Society (1989)

4 25.00%
  • Leaning scene – The Night of the Hunter (1955)

1 6.25%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Movie Scene Tournament: Wild Card Entries - Poll 1 of 3

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Movie Scene Tournament: Wild Card Entries - Poll 1 of 3

For this special "Wild Card" poll, please choose ONE movie scene to move on to the playoffs for a place in Round 2.

IMPORTANT! Please do not simply vote on name recognition (or lack thereof) alone. Please do watch each nomination and then make your choice. Even if you think you know a movie scene well, it's still worth watching for a refresher.

Please remember that his tournament is for Best Scene, not Best Movie.
    It's important to therefore judge each nomination on its individual merits and NOT by the entire movie.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are:

Malkovich inside Malkovich - Being John Malkovich (1999)

Playing Catch with Dad - Field of Dreams (1989)

Neo realizes he is The One - The Matrix (1999)

Ending scene - Heathers (1988)

Hotel Lobby scene - The Graduate (1967)

The Death of Percy Wetmore - The Green Mile (1999)

"O Captain, my Captain!" - Dead Poets Society (1989)

Leaning scene - The Night of the Hunter (1955)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Aside from the horribly phrased sentence "You wanna have a catch?" that scene from Field of Dreams is one of my favorites. I'm a little sad that I didn't include it initially.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Graduate is one of the best films ever made and that scene should be taught in school if it's not already. Amazingly written, directed, edited, and acted. Perfection.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Nevermind.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The "Playing Catch with Dad" scene from Field of Dreams, is one of the most emotionally charged set-pieces in the history of modern cinema. Seriously, if you don't feel any emotion whilst watching this scene, you're simply not human.

It's been 28 years since the movie was released, but this scene is so poignant it still resonates with Kevin Costner to this day. The following article published only 3 days ago, attests to that fact:

http://newsok.com/movie-scene-still-resonates-for-field-of-dreams-actor

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    The Graduate is one of the best films ever made and that scene should be taught in school if it's not already. Amazingly written, directed, edited, and acted. Perfection.
    Maybe for film school, but for high school, "Oh Captain, my Captain," from Dead Poet's Society, just can't be beat.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Field of Dreams was second to me. I am voting for the Matrix. IT was a better scene to me...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, this quickly turned into a two-horse race.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    The "Playing Catch with Dad" scene from Field of Dreams, is one of the most emotionally charged set-pieces in the history of modern cinema. Seriously, if you don't feel any emotion whilst watching this scene, you're simply not human.

It's been 28 years since the movie was released, but this scene is so poignant it still resonates with Kevin Costner to this day. The following article published only 3 days ago, attests to that fact:

I'm really happy to hear you say this and I will forever use you as an example for my arguments. I have two arguments that come up often. One is that you can enjoy a sports film even if you don't like sports. I for one am a sports fanatic, but I have friends that don't like sports and vow they won't enjoy a sports film. Drives me crazy.

The argument you will help me with is the fact that it is indeed possible for somebody who isn't from America and didn't grow up watching baseball to enjoy Field of Dreams. I've had people tell me that there's no way anybody from other countries could like Field of Dreams. My response is that if you like great film, you will like Field of Dreams and if you have a father, you will like Field of Dreams.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

I'm really happy to hear you say this and I will forever use you as an example for my arguments. I have two arguments that come up often. One is that you can enjoy a sports film even if you don't like sports. I for one am a sports fanatic, but I have friends that don't like sports and vow they won't enjoy a sports film. Drives me crazy.

The argument you will help me with is the fact that it is indeed possible for somebody who isn't from America and didn't grow up watching baseball to enjoy Field of Dreams. I've had people tell me that there's no way anybody from other countries could like Field of Dreams. My response is that if you like great film, you will like Field of Dreams and if you have a father, you will like Field of Dreams.
    I agree with you, but I think it's because Field of Dreams isn't really a "traditional" sports movie. It's always been categorized as one but it's more of a drama with sports as background. Similar to movies like Trouble With the Curve or For Love of the Game. It's not like Major League or Remember the Titans where the team playing and winning is really the focus of the movie.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

I agree with you, but I think it's because Field of Dreams isn't really a "traditional" sports movie. It's always been categorized as one but it's more of a drama with sports as background. Similar to movies like Trouble With the Curve or For Love of the Game. It's not like Major League or Remember the Titans where the team playing and winning is really the focus of the movie.
    Yea, I totally agree. I feel the same way about Rocky, to be honest. It has boxing in it, but it's not a boxing movie. There's so much more than that to the film.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed and the following movie scene moves on to the playoff:

Playing Catch with Dad - Field of Dreams (1989) 5 votes

And the following are eliminated:

"O Captain, my Captain!" - Dead Poets Society (1989) 4 votes
    Malkovich inside Malkovich - Being John Malkovich (1999) 2 votes
    Neo realizes he is The One - The Matrix (1999) 1 vote
    Ending scene - Heathers (1988) 1 vote
    Hotel Lobby scene - The Graduate (1967) 1 vote
    The Death of Percy Wetmore - The Green Mile (1999) 1 vote
    Leaning scene - The Night of the Hunter (1955) 1 vote

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tight race.

+ Reply to Thread