Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose up to six

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Shower Scene - Psycho (1960)

14 82.35%
  • Luke Vs. Darth Vader - Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

13 76.47%
  • From Bone to Satellite - 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968.)

7 41.18%
  • "Shut the fuck up!" - Punch Drunk Love (2002)

1 5.88%
  • Joker Interrogation - The Dark Knight (2008.)

12 70.59%
  • The Chariot Race scene - Ben-Hur (1959)

11 64.71%
  • Opening scene - Touch of Evil (1958.)

5 29.41%
  • Final duel - the Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)

12 70.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Movie Scene Tournament: Round 1 - Group 29 of 32

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Movie Scene Tournament: Round 1 - Group 29 of 32

During the first round of The Best Movie Scene Tournament, please vote for up to six movie scenes you would like to move onto the next round. The top six movie scenes will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given movie scene receives will determine its standing going forward.

IMPORTANT! Please do not simply vote on name recognition (or lack thereof) alone. Please do watch each nomination and then make your choice. Even if you think you know a movie scene well, it's still worth watching for a refresher.

Please remember that his tournament is for Best Scene, not Best Movie.
    It's important to therefore judge each nomination on its individual merits and NOT by the entire movie.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are:

The Shower Scene - Psycho (1960)

Luke Vs. Darth Vader - Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (1980) *** WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER ***

From Bone to Satellite - 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

"Shut the fuck up!" - Punch Drunk Love (2002)

Joker Interrogation - The Dark Knight (2008)

The Chariot Race scene - Ben-Hur (1959)

Opening scene - Touch of Evil (1958)

Final duel - the Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy God is this stacked!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh fuck me this group is stacked.

I'm expecting Psycho to go far, far in this tournament.

The interrogation scene in Dark Knight is among the best scenes in modern cinema.

The final duel of TG, TB, & TU is legendary and will probably outlive all of us.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How is the Shower Scene about The Interrogation Scene??? I must be too young to play in this or something... I just watched both and DO NOT see that.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    How is the Shower Scene about The Interrogation Scene??? I must be too young to play in this or something... I just watched both and DO NOT see that.
    I guess some people just love chocolate sauce....

FWIW I also prefer the Joker interrogation scene.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I guess some people just love chocolate sauce....

FWIW I also prefer the Joker interrogation scene.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The shower scene is the scene, man! Long after we're all gone people will be watching and studying Psycho and that scene in particular.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Cinema can broken up into two time periods, before The Shower Scene and after The Shower Scene. That scene changed not only cinema, it changed the world.

Country
    Country Flag

MEH... sure whatever you guys say. Maybe we should not finish this then and just crown in the winner?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'm sure it will go far in the playoffs. Just how far we'll have to find out.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

MEH... sure whatever you guys say. Maybe we should not finish this then and just crown in the winner?
    Because we are advocating what we feel to be a truly great scene?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    My point exactly. That was just what I was saying up thread. Some think it is the best scene ever... and some don't. I do not...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

The shower scene is probably one of the most iconic scenes ever in film. Is it my personal favorite, no. But it is amazing, and there's a reason it's so popular. What I think is a shame is that the opening scene of Touch of Evil looks to be eliminated from this competition way too early. I do wish there were more classic film lovers here.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My point exactly. That was just what I was saying up thread. Some think it is the best scene ever... and some don't. I do not...
    See, this is where there's a flaw in how we are determining what is the greatest scene of all-time. Everybody has their own criteria. This was inevitable.

Of course, the scene should be something you enjoy. However, I truly believe at some point one's opinion should be put aside and other factors should come into play. A scene like the Psycho shower scene is a perfect example. Whether you think it's a good scene or not should not matter. It's impact on cinema is undeniable. This needs to be factored in. Popularity, notoriety and impact on film in general are three factors we should all be taking into consideration, especially as the tournament progresses.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    See, this is where there's a flaw in how we are determining what is the greatest scene of all-time. Everybody has their own criteria. This was inevitable.

Of course, the scene should be something you enjoy. However, I truly believe at some point one's opinion should be put aside and other factors should come into play. A scene like the Psycho shower scene is a perfect example. Whether you think it's a good scene or not should not matter. It's impact on cinema is undeniable. This needs to be factored in. Popularity, notoriety and impact on film in general are three factors we should all be taking into consideration, especially as the tournament progresses.
    I have the exact opposite approach in all these tournaments. I vote for what appeals to me. If I don't get any joy or entertainment out of the song/movie/tv show/scene, why should I vote for it? I don't care what the rest of society deams to be popular. "Popular" doesn't necessarily mean "good". I like what I like and vote accordingly.

Although I should add that I don't dismiss the iconicness (is that even a word?) of a scene entirely. I realize the popularity and impact of a scene like the shower scene and did take that into consideration when voting.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

I have the exact opposite approach in all these tournaments. I vote for what appeals to me. If I don't get any joy or entertainment out of the song/movie/tv show/scene, why should I vote for it? I don't care what the rest of society deams to be popular. "Popular" doesn't necessarily mean "good". I like what I like and vote accordingly.

Although I should add that I don't dismiss the iconicness (is that even a word?) of a scene entirely. I realize the popularity and impact of a scene like the shower scene and did take that into consideration when voting.
    Well said for sure
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I approach the tournament in much the same way. My personal taste in movies has a huge influence on my votes, but not total control.
    For example, I voted for the hallway scene from The Shining; but I hated that movie. I realize that in the craft of filmaking, and the stew of popular culture, that scene is iconic.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Then, technically, you don't have the exact opposite approach. The whole point of my post was to say that we all should be factoring in the relative impact of a certain scene. To some extent at least. Of course I wasn't saying we shouldn't be voting for scenes that don't appeal to us. That's only natural. All I'm saying is that there should be more that goes into a vote than just liking a scene from a movie we enjoy.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed and the following movie scenes are moving on to the next round:

The Shower Scene - Psycho (1960) 82.35%
    Luke Vs. Darth Vader - Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (1980) 76.47%
    Joker Interrogation - The Dark Knight (2008) 70.59%
    Final duel - the Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) 70.59%
    The Chariot Race scene - Ben-Hur (1959) 64.71%
    From Bone to Satellite - 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) 41.18%

And the following are eliminated:

Opening scene - Touch of Evil (1958) 29.41%
    "Shut the fuck up!" - Punch Drunk Love (2002) 5.88%

+ Reply to Thread