Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Slipcases & Traycases

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Aftermarket Slipcases & Traycases

Hey all. I figured I would start this thread. Just got a shipment from Jeff and I picked up the RPO sub press slipcases as well as some long wanted slipcases for my Rothfuss books. Love how they turned out. I figured I would share.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Also I know that Anubis asked about interest in Brandon Sanderson Slipcases, especially some with something on the spine. Count me in for that. I would love to get a slipcase for Way of Kings but would probably want one for all of the Stormlights eventually. I also would like to get one to house the Leather Bound 10th anniversary editions.

I guess a good question though would be is it typical to put leather bound books in a slipcases?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Might have been an idea to name the thread something different to distinguish the cases are non-king
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Might have been an idea to name the thread something different to distinguish the cases are non-king
    Well I figured since this is housed in the Other Authors section that it may be implied. I also admit that I may navigate the site differently than others.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got mine last night - after weeks (months) of tweaking and remeasuring, they fit like a glove.

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

In addition to Rothfuss, here are the ones I made for the Brown trilogy:

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

Damn but those look sleek!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    Assuming there are a few people interested maybe it can have his name on the front and the below symbol on the spine... I think it would look great on the shelf.

Pulling this over here to look at it again. I need to order some cases from Jeff so I figured now would be a good time to look into this and I want some for my Brandon Sanderson collection.

I'll see what I can come up with for him but it will most likely not have anything on both the spine and cover. It would have to be one or the other with how the plates work. Either that or there would have to be a new plate for each book.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone heard from Jeff recently? I emailed him about an order on the 3rd of this month and haven't heard back. Pretty unusual as he usually replies pretty quickly.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Has anyone heard from Jeff recently? I emailed him about an order on the 3rd of this month and haven't heard back. Pretty unusual as he usually replies pretty quickly.
    I would just shoot him a follow up. He is usually really prompt so he may have just missed it.

Also check the email address. I've managed to send it to the wrong one before

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I would just shoot him a follow up. He is usually really prompt so he may have just missed it.

Also check the email address. I've managed to send it to the wrong one before
    Thanks, Josh. For some reason his replies to me went into his draft folder. I heard from him this morning and he sent this photo along

You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Using the Cosmere symbol from Arcanum unbounded here is a quick sketch of a spine only case for Brandon Sanderson. this is only a draft. Please feel free to make suggestions and such. I am also going to make a front piece for it to see which one everyone like better.

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Also I know that Anubis asked about interest in Brandon Sanderson Slipcases, especially some with something on the spine. Count me in for that. I would love to get a slipcase for Way of Kings but would probably want one for all of the Stormlights eventually. I also would like to get one to house the Leather Bound 10th anniversary editions.

I guess a good question though would be is it typical to put leather bound books in a slipcases?
    I spoke to the people that run Sanderson's online store, and they will be offering slipcases for the anniversary books.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ruderabbit View Post

I spoke to the people that run Sanderson's online store, and they will be offering slipcases for the anniversary books.
    Thanks for the info!! That's great!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Using the Cosmere symbol from Arcanum unbounded here is a quick sketch of a spine only case for Brandon Sanderson. this is only a draft. Please feel free to make suggestions and such. I am also going to make a front piece for it to see which one everyone like better.
    Were you thinking of doing these designs for each of the Stormlight Archives?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Were you thinking of doing these designs for each of the Stormlight Archives?
    It's just a generic plate that can be made for any book. I used the Cosmere symbol so that it can be used with any Cosmere book.

If you have any other ideas I am open to them. My computer decided to restart last night so I have to start from scratch again if you want to make any changes. Also want to create one for the front as well.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Keep in mind the size of the plate if you are doing front and side. Jeff has limitations on this.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Keep in mind the size of the plate if you are doing front and side. Jeff has limitations on this.
    Separate options. Not doing a front/side combo since the spine of the books will be different. I am looking at doing spine OR front but that's for the reminder

Country
    Country Flag

Jeff told me he'll be doing cases for UK Sleeping Beauties and Strange Weather and is seeking ideas and suggestions for both.

Country
    Country Flag

I finally came across a matching limited set of First Law books so had to do all new cases with Jeff - but this time instead of black I opted for maroon color with black font.
    Now, can someone PLEASE sell me the LETTERED ones!!

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Cool cases!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone interested in getting cases for the Sub Press Red Rising? I would like to get something similar to the Ready Player One cases done for the series.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone interested in getting cases for the Sub Press Red Rising? I would like to get something similar to the Ready Player One cases done for the series.
    I’m in for Red Rising Slipcases!
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    I finally came across a matching limited set of First Law books so had to do all new cases with Jeff - but this time instead of black I opted for maroon color with black font.
    Now, can someone PLEASE sell me the LETTERED ones!!

Great color choices!
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Along the Path of the Beam scarface will become famous soon enough

You guys still planning to get Red Rising cases? I have been meaning to get cases made for Red Rising and the Broken Earth trilogy.
    WANTED:
    Half the World Lettered "LL"
    The First Law Trilogy (S/L)
    George Martin set (S/L)

FOR TRADE:
    Matthew Corbett (FF/W/X/Z) lettered set
    Swan Song,
    Crosstalk,
    Broken Earth Trilogy (SubPress S/L),

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast