Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose up to six

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opening scene - The Matrix (1999)

11 68.75%
  • It Rubs the Lotion on the Skin - The Silence of the Lambs (1991)

12 75.00%
  • Cop scene - Meet the Fockers (2004)

4 25.00%
  • Ballroom scene - Beauty and the Beast (2017)

8 50.00%
  • Glass Plate: will or won't it (break) - Whats Up, Doc? (1972)

5 31.25%
  • Train Fight - From Russia With Love (1963)

8 50.00%
  • Hobbling Scene - Misery (1990)

14 87.50%
  • Warehouse fight - Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

5 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Movie Scene Tournament: Round 1 - Group 17 of 32

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Movie Scene Tournament: Round 1 - Group 17 of 32

During the first round of The Best Movie Scene Tournament, please vote for up to six movie scenes you would like to move onto the next round. The top six movie scenes will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given movie scene receives will determine its standing going forward.

IMPORTANT! Please do not simply vote on name recognition (or lack thereof) alone. Please do watch each nomination and then make your choice. Even if you think you know a movie scene well, it's still worth watching for a refresher.

Please remember that his tournament is for Best Scene, not Best Movie.
    It's important to therefore judge each nomination on its individual merits and NOT by the entire movie.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are:

Opening scene - The Matrix (1999)

It Rubs the Lotion on the Skin - The Silence of the Lambs (1991)

Cop scene - Meet the Fockers (2004)

Ballroom scene - Beauty and the Beast (2017)

Glass Plate: will or won't it (break) - Whats Up, Doc? (1972)

Train Fight - From Russia With Love (1963)

Hobbling scene - Misery (1990)

Warehouse fight - Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hm the best on-screen Batman scene, arguably, has three votes. Makes sense...

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    It's a great Batman scene indeed, but the film itself is so polarizing that until I clicked the link to watch it, I had completely forgotten about it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It says in big bold blue letters to not judge a scene by the movie but on its own merits. It's not my favorite Batman movie at all, but it's my favorite Batman scene.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It says in big bold blue letters to not judge a scene by the movie but on its own merits. It's not my favorite Batman movie at all, but it's my favorite Batman scene.
    No need to get snippy, Pablo.

I just explained to you that I watched through each scene and had no recollection of the greatest Batman scene of all-time. My point is that no matter how good or bad the movie was, if the scene was so amazing, I would have remembered it. For that reason alone, I couldn't vote for it. I don't care what the fuck the big bold blue fucking letters say.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

I did not mean to come across as snippy or anything, just pointing that out. While the film itself certainly got lukewarm reception, I thought this scene in particular was usually praised.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Add one more vote for Batman v Superman. I thought I voted for it but must've hit the vote button too quick.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Add one more vote for Batman v Superman. I thought I voted for it but must've hit the vote button too quick.
    Need one more to be safe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Need one more to be safe
    I just voted, and it's safe.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Need one more to be safe
    How do you see how you voted?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Your votes are italicized.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed and the following movie scenes are moving on to the next round:

Hobbling scene - Misery (1990) 87.50%
    It Rubs the Lotion on the Skin - The Silence of the Lambs (1991) 75.00%
    Opening scene - The Matrix (1999) 68.75%
    Ballroom scene - Beauty and the Beast (2017) 50.00%
    Train Fight - From Russia With Love (1963) 50.00%
    Warehouse fight - Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) 37.50%

And the following are eliminated:

Glass Plate: will or won't it (break) - Whats Up, Doc? (1972) 31.25%
    Cop scene - Meet the Fockers (2004) 25.00%

+ Reply to Thread