Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose up to six

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Reveal - Saw (2004)

10 62.50%
  • Chrissie's Death - Jaws (1975)

12 75.00%
  • Coffee's For Closers - Glengarry, Glen Ross (1992)

4 25.00%
  • Hallway Scene - The Breakfast Club (1985)

6 37.50%
  • Sticky Tongue - A Christmas Story (1983)

10 62.50%
  • Scarface moment - Money Talks (1997)

4 25.00%
  • I want my cigarettes - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)

10 62.50%
  • No Man's Land - Wonder Woman (2017)

7 43.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Movie Scene Tournament: Round 1 - Group 10 of 32

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Movie Scene Tournament: Round 1 - Group 10 of 32

During the first round of The Best Movie Scene Tournament, please vote for up to six movie scenes you would like to move onto the next round. The top six movie scenes will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given movie scene receives will determine its standing going forward.

IMPORTANT! Please do not simply vote on name recognition (or lack thereof) alone. Please do watch each nomination and then make your choice. Even if you think you know a movie scene well, it's still worth watching for a refresher.

Please remember that his tournament is for Best Scene, not Best Movie.
    It's important to therefore judge each nomination on its individual merits and NOT by the entire movie.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are:

The Reveal - Saw (2004) *** WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER ***

Chrissie's Death – Jaws (1975)

Coffee's For Closers - Glengarry, Glen Ross (1992)

Hallway Scene - The Breakfast Club (1985)

Sticky Tongue - A Christmas Story (1983)

Scarface moment - Money Talks (1997)

I want my cigarettes - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)

No Man's Land - Wonder Woman (2017)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Of course, keep in mind that Wonder Woman is still very much in theaters now so no legitimate scene in any sort of quality can be found yet. That said, it's a fantastic scene, and those that have seen the movie will surely vouch for it

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Of course, keep in mind that Wonder Woman is still very much in theaters now so no legitimate scene in any sort of quality can be found yet. That said, it's a fantastic scene, and those that have seen the movie will surely vouch for it
    I'll vouch for it. Wonder Women is one of the best films of the year so far and the scene entered is the best in the film.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I'll vouch for it. Wonder Women is one of the best films of the year so far and the scene entered is the best in the film.
    Agree. When you get goosebumps in a movie... something special is happening... I GOT Goosebumps during this scene... it was BRILLIANT.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not just goosebumps, I was in tears, and not ashamed of it!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed and the following movie scenes are moving on to the next round:

Chrissie's Death - Jaws (1975) 75.00%
    I want my cigarettes - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) 62.50%
    The Reveal - Saw (2004) 62.50%
    Sticky Tongue - A Christmas Story (1983) 62.50%
    No Man's Land - Wonder Woman (2017) 43.75%
    Hallway Scene - The Breakfast Club (1985) 37.50%

And the following are eliminated:

Coffee's For Closers - Glengarry, Glen Ross (1992) 25.00%
    Scarface moment - Money Talks (1997) 25.00%

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Many of the threads have people complaining about this scene getting knocked out and that scene getting knocked out, and most have pretty good cases, but this is this one is just plain insane.

How the scene from Saw gets in over Glengarry Glenn Ross makes no sense at all. Did you guys even watch the clip?

I'm just trying to understand what the thought process is on this one.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Many of the threads have people complaining about this scene getting knocked out and that scene getting knocked out, and most have pretty good cases, but this is this one is just plain insane.

How the scene from Saw gets in over Glengarry Glenn Ross makes no sense at all. Did you guys even watch the clip?

I'd actually question the Hallway scene from the Breakfast club over either of those.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

I'd actually question the Hallway scene from the Breakfast club over either of those.
    That's moving on though and received 37% of votes. That's pretty good. Are people considering the scene from Saw great because it's a twist or something? I don't even think it's that amazing of a twist.

+ Reply to Thread