Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose up to six

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Klaatu's Speech - The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951

11 61.11%
  • The death of Bonnie and Clyde - Bonnie and Clyde (1967)

11 61.11%
  • "Surprise!" - Primal Fear (1996)

7 38.89%
  • My Boy's Wicked Smart - Good Will Hunting (1997)

9 50.00%
  • Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my closeup - Sunset Boulevard (1950)

6 33.33%
  • Bohemian Rhapsody - Wayne's World (1992)

10 55.56%
  • The Kick - Karate Kid (1984)

13 72.22%
  • Go to where people are – Unbreakable (2000)

5 27.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Movie Scene Tournament: Round 1 - Group 5 of 32

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Movie Scene Tournament: Round 1 - Group 5 of 32

During the first round of The Best Movie Scene Tournament, please vote for up to six movie scenes you would like to move onto the next round. The top six movie scenes will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given movie scene receives will determine its standing going forward.

IMPORTANT! Please do not simply vote on name recognition (or lack thereof) alone. Please do watch each nomination and then make your choice. Even if you think you know a movie scene well, it's still worth watching for a refresher.

Please remember that his tournament is for Best Scene, not Best Movie.
    It's important to therefore judge each nomination on its individual merits and NOT by the entire movie.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are:

Klaatu's Speech - The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

The Death of Bonnie and Clyde - Bonnie and Clyde (1967)

"Surprise!" - Primal Fear (1996)

My Boy's Wicked Smart - Good Will Hunting (1997)

Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my closeup - Sunset Boulevard (1950)

Bohemian Rhapsody - Wayne's World (1992)

The Kick - Karate Kid (1984)

Go to where people are – Unbreakable (2000)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

One vote for Sunset Boulevard??

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Got my vote as well!

sk

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Got my vote as well!

sk

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a heads up, the link for Unbreakable is broken. This one should work.

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

IT is such a beautiful scene too... I feel it the best superhero movie of all time too. A shame the lack of love it is getting....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's not really broken, it's just got embedding disabled. A pain for sure. Thanks for the alternate and better version. And if anyone ever finds a better version of a scene, please do post it.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad Bonnie & Clyde is doing well.
    At the time, it got to me like no other ever had.
    Fifty years later, still does - such a powerful and tragic scene.

sk

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Bonnie and Clyde scene does VERY little for me... not sure why.. .sorry all
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

IT is such a beautiful scene too... I feel it the best superhero movie of all time too. A shame the lack of love it is getting....
    I've updated the nomination list with the new video clip.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Bonnie and Clyde scene does VERY little for me... not sure why.. .sorry all
    That's because you've seen a million scenes just like it in just the last few decades. Put yourself in a theater in 1967. That scene would have blown your mind. Audiences just didn't see shit like that. It must have been shocking. That scene alone is very important in the world of cinema. Its impact is still felt today.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Got my vote as well!

sk
    And me. I absolutely love this movie. Hopefully it gets a few more votes and can move on.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed and the following movie scenes are moving on to the next round:

The Kick - Karate Kid (1984) 72.22%
    Klaatu's Speech - The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) 61.11%
    The Death of Bonnie and Clyde - Bonnie and Clyde (1967) 61.11%
    Bohemian Rhapsody - Wayne's World (1992) 55.56%
    My Boy's Wicked Smart - Good Will Hunting (1997) 50.00%
    "Surprise!" - Primal Fear (1996) 38.89%

And the following are eliminated:

Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my closeup - Sunset Boulevard (1950) 33.33%
    Go to where people are – Unbreakable (2000) 27.78%

Country
    Country Flag

UNbreakable All my scenes are leaving first round... makes me sad
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Unbreakable should have moved on. The wrong scene got eliminated here...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How in the world does a scene from Karate Kid ends up at the top?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I cannot help shake my head at this too....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

The Sunset Boulevard scene should have moved forward.

Country
    Country Flag

The Sunset Boulevard scene should have moved forward.
    Most definitely!!

sk

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I cannot help shake my head at this too....
    That's a very famous scene. It's been imitated on TV and in film countless times. As much as I love Unbreakable, the scene just doesn't have that same impact for myself and others apparently.

+ Reply to Thread