Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Will you read The Gunslinger and subsequent issues?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 62.79%
  • No, I'm dropping it after Jericho Hill

2 4.65%
  • No, I already dropped it

6 13.95%
  • I don't know/Other

8 18.60%
Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1338

Thread: The Dark Tower Comics Series - General Discussion

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Life is a garden...dig it!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

So... definitely we'll all be getting one ( or two, or five ) eventually!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Traveler GLynnister is on a distinguished road

Default Where do they fit in? before or after?

I have recently been exposed to The Dark Tower series and the premise completely fascinates me.
    As i am a fan of graphic novels i went out and brought the series today.
    However when i got home i though i would check something....
    should i read the actual book series first and then come back for extra info?
    or should i read these and then the books?

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, GLynnister!

Personally, I read the entire series of books before I got to the comics. I didn't have any trouble understanding either or. If you are planning on reading them along with the books, they coincide well with a great deal of Wizard and Glass. In fact, if I remember correctly, the first comic is directly from WaG, along with a few of the issues later. Hope this helps!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with alkanto. Start with the books first. As he said, the first arc of the comics, Gunslinger Born, parallels book IV, Wizard and Glass. The other story arcs continue from there, but the events are scarcely mentioned in the DT books.

John

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What alkanto and jhanic said - books first (that's how it was for me, too). That way you get to know the story as it was originally intended, and then graphic novels will just add a bit of extra information (which, imho, is not crucial to the story).
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Traveler GLynnister is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much.
    I'm really excited to get started on these books, and I will sure be back when I've got into them.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

welcome then tower junkie, it's always a thrill to meet someone that is new , as now we can know fresh eyes and ideas again too

Oh yes, I forgot t to say....books first That's the story after all. !

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I got 'into' the TDT series through the comics (The Gunslinger Born). That was what made me interested in the books. I do agree with everyone else though, start with the books. You could live your whole life without those comics and never miss anything important.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

the comics aren't canonical IMO
    they can be fun but don't think of them as being directly connected to the books, they're other artists take on what they think Rolands' youth was like (some parts of which were already told by sai king himself)
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this comic out yet?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I didn't see it when I picked up LSoE #1 yesterday

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The Marvel wiki has it listed as a January 26 release:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Dark_Tower:_...s_Tale_Vol_1_1

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well i like the comics. Though the books come first, the comics give a great visual to what i see in my head as well and delving into the backstory of Roland and his first Ka-Tet
    If you love me then love me..

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
    Well i like the comics. Though the books come first, the comics give a great visual to what i see in my head as well and delving into the backstory of Roland and his first Ka-Tet
    Funny, that's exactly why I like the books more than the comics. The visuals in the comics almost never match what's in my head when I read the books.

John

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
    Funny, that's exactly why I like the books more than the comics. The visuals in the comics almost never match what's in my head when I read the books.

John
    Ditto what John said.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

Ah well. Not too long then. I actually ordered this a while ago.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got a message a couple of days back informing me my pre-order for this was cancelled by the publishers. (They said it might still be published at a later date though.) The seller refunded my payment today. (I didn't think they even collected payment until it came out, but I don't think Paypal differentiates between pre and current orders.)

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

I was on Heavy Ink's website and it has January 26 release date also. What is taking so freaking long for this comic!!

Traveler Doobs is on a distinguished road

Was hoping to get a little more light on when this was coming out. The comic store i go to here in Australia had no idea what was going on. January 26th = Australia Day = Win

Country
    Country Flag

As I said, the seller told me it had been cancelled, 'although it might be available at a later date'. I suppose that date might be the 26th but that seems too soon considering they sent me a refund.

Of course they might not have been updated with that news.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I went to my comic shop today and they said that Sheemie's tale was not released yet. I went on Heavy Ink and their site said no stock. What is going on with this issue?

It would be odd if they released it in the middle of another arc, I think. I don't know anything official about this, but I'd be surprised if we saw it before the end of LSoE.

Traveler DeviantC is on a distinguished road DeviantC's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

I've joined this site specifically to let everyone know what I was told by my comic dealer mere moments ago about the current status of the one-shot "Sheemie's Tale". Apparently this comic has been canceled... for now. If it is picked up for distribution sometime in February, then it would be released 3 months from the date of whenever it's picked up for distribution -- meaning that it might be April before we see this comic. If it's picked up for distribution after February, it may be even longer before we have the pleasure of reading more about our beloved Sheemie. (The point here being that it will take a standard waiting time of 3 months after the comic is picked up again for distribution to reach shelves that we'll be able to snatch it from.)

I've already shed a tear and will suffer a period of mourning. Afterwards, I plan to scour the internet for the next several months in anticipation of finding the next new release date.

It's a little bit of bad news with a sprinkling of hope for good news in the future. Be well, all!

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

thanxs for the update. i didn't even know this was even being written! is he in any other "DT" books other than "W&G" ?

Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast