Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Will you read The Gunslinger and subsequent issues?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 62.79%
  • No, I'm dropping it after Jericho Hill

2 4.65%
  • No, I already dropped it

6 13.95%
  • I don't know/Other

8 18.60%
Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1338

Thread: The Dark Tower Comics Series - General Discussion

Gunslinger Apprentice Delacroix is on a distinguished road Delacroix's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Dark Tower Comic, spoiler for the books?

Hello everyone!

I finished Wizard and Glass and I'm currently half way through Wolves of the Calla. I was wondering I there were spoilers for me in comic, like some kind of end of serie spoiler, because I've opened one and saw weird things...

Are thos "things" spoilers for what comes next or details added to Wizrad's and Glass' story?
    -What do we usually do about bad things that aren't of our concern?
    -Well...we laught about it.
    -Then, my friend, once you're in the grave death might be a lot more fun than what we expect.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hey, welcome to the DT Comic Tower !!!!

Now, let's see... you're in a weird place for the comics and the books, where things intersect, and start to feed back and forth.

If I were you, I'd hold off on anything after Gunslinger Born ... at least for a bit.

( PS - I'll probably merge this into the general questions thread after a bit ).
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Read the books and then read the comics. Safest and smartest. The comics are chock full of spoilers.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice Delacroix is on a distinguished road Delacroix's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, thank you!
    -What do we usually do about bad things that aren't of our concern?
    -Well...we laught about it.
    -Then, my friend, once you're in the grave death might be a lot more fun than what we expect.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, on the one hand there are the spoilers and on the other hand there are many things that are totally different from the saga in the comics. So it can be really confusing (and sometimes disturbing) I think if you haven't finished the series yet. You may meet some things you like and you want to see in the books and you won't or the opposite.

Roland would have understood.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    Read the books and then read the comics. Safest and smartest. The comics are chock full of spoilers.
    I absolutely agree with this advice.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default When are we going to go find out what happened to Rhea?

I would have imagined that Rhea's fate would have been shown in Fall of Gilead. Is she going to pop up in the Battle of Jericho Hill? I would have figured she died earlier than that.

I'm not reading the series anymore, but it would be kind've annoying if they dragged it on to the next "Gunslinger" series or if they just omitted it entirely. Of course, by removing Rhea's role from Gabrielle's death and making Marten's jealous incestuous sister responsible (seriously, Furth, WTF ) perhaps they feel she's no longer a serious issue.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

At the risk of exposing my ignorance, how many arcs are left in the series?

I thought that the Battle of Jericho Hill was the final sequence-its title would suggest so-but apparently not. Is the subsequent series the final one?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/gunslinger_gn/

They're apparently making several more miniseries. Seems they're going to be milking it for every last drop. I wonder how the sales are going to be with Jae Lee no longer on board.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope we see Rhea again in the Wind Through the Keyhole.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I've been waiting for this story since the start of the comics series. I all ways wanted to know what happened with Roland after the story in Wizard and Glass up to The Gunslinger. I haven't read this whole thread yet to see what other people think. But I think that this won't be a revised-revised version of The Gunslinger Book.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, spoilers for comic Tbe Dark Tower: The Sorceror and Wizard and Glass. (I won't tag em, as this whole thread title suggest discussion of this and I'd end up spoilerifying (yes I made up a word there,) most of the post.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I would have imagined that Rhea's fate would have been shown in Fall of Gilead. Is she going to pop up in the Battle of Jericho Hill? I would have figured she died earlier than that.
    I know what you mean. I really hope she'll turn up in the next arc. I know Robin Furth has made mention of that belt in the past, so I hope that part of the story is dealt with.

I'm not reading the series anymore, but it would be kind've annoying if they dragged it on to the next "Gunslinger" series or if they just omitted it entirely. Of course, by removing Rhea's role from Gabrielle's death and making Marten's jealous incestuous sister responsible (seriously, Furth, WTF ) perhaps they feel she's no longer a serious issue.
    I did like The Sorceror, but I wasn't keen on that change either. I don't see it as necessarily being a complete contradiction though, i.e. the Djinn character might have manipulated the grapefruit into showing Rhea, but that doesn't mean it wasn't actually Rhea at the other end, if that makes sense. I'm aware that's probably just my own reasoning though, but that's how I marry the comic version to the book's. It is stated in the novels that the grapefruit always shows you the truth. The only way it can lie is through misdirection and reflection. That was made clearer in the book where Rhea's image was actually cast onto the mirror from the grapefruit. I.e it's really Rhea he's seeing, she just isn't actually behind him.

I wish Furth had made Rhea's role more implicit though, or that she does when/if Rhea returns later.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    I think that this won't be a revised-revised version of The Gunslinger Book.
    I hope it isn't just a retelling, but I think it's misnamed if that's the case.

Well, ok, I don't really mind either way. I just won't buy it if it's a retelling. I know many people are into comics for the art, and that's fair enough. Personally I'm more interested in new material though, told with good art of course!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    I think that this won't be a revised-revised version of The Gunslinger Book.
    I hope it isn't just a retelling, but I think it's misnamed if that's the case.

Well, ok, I don't really mind either way. I just won't buy it if it's a retelling. I know many people are into comics for the art, and that's fair enough. Personally I'm more interested in new material though, told with good art of course!
    Exactly why I didn't buy all the Stand comics. After a couple of issues of reading my favourite story page for page (but this time in FULL COLOUR!!!!), I thought, "What's the point?" I might get the trade paperback if it's ever released, but that's about it.

If the Gunslinger though has even a few new pages of brand new story, like The Gunslinger Born, then I'll definitely get every issue I can, even if it is 90% adaptation and 10% new material.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe they could have had the succubus/djinn/whatever "team up" with Rhea to kill Gabrielle--I.E. both had their own reasons for wanting her dead, and they both saw their combined resources as a way of getting it done. That wouldn't have contradicted what King wrote but rather expanded upon it.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that's what I was thinking really. Especially considering Rhea's movement mirroring Gabrielle's, etc.

I wonder why Furth took that route? Just wanting to make her own stamp on the tale? The idea of the succubus in herself was quite interesting and believable considering the nature of the rainbow as living objects in their own right, but I think I prefer it just as the mysterious mystical object. Mind you the Djinn beats the tentacled eye ball from Long Road Home. I didn't buy that at all.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

They're apparently making several more miniseries. Seems they're going to be milking it for every last drop. I wonder how the sales are going to be with Jae Lee no longer on board.
    FFS!

I've just about given up on the comics. I tried searching for the first issue of the current arc in two different comic book stores and came up empty. I've accepted the fact that I'll never be a comic person, and this whole experience just reinforced my pre-existing feelings.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jae Lee wont illustrate on the GUNSLINGER serie and further ones, right?
    Who will?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe they could have had the succubus/djinn/whatever "team up" with Rhea to kill Gabrielle--I.E. both had their own reasons for wanting her dead, and they both saw their combined resources as a way of getting it done. That wouldn't have contradicted what King wrote but rather expanded upon it.
    I think it's a pretty uneven relationship, actually. If the grapefruit called Rhea and wanted just about anything, I can hardly imagine her refusing. I'm not a great fan of Furth's interpretation, either, but come to think of it, that much doesn't really contradict King, does it?

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Mind you the Djinn beats the tentacled eye ball from Long Road Home. I didn't buy that at all.
    Same here.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    'm not a great fan of Furth's interpretation, either, but come to think of it, that much doesn't really contradict King, does it?
    At the very least, it contradict's King's original intent--that Rhea manipulated Roland into killing his mother in revenge for him killing her snake. By saying "Roland only thought it was Rhea", that takes away from what King originally written.

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Jae Lee wont illustrate on the GUNSLINGER serie and further ones, right?
    Who will?
    Richard Isanove, who did the Sorcerer one-shot and The Fall of Gilead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    I've just about given up on the comics. I tried searching for the first issue of the current arc in two different comic book stores and came up empty. I've accepted the fact that I'll never be a comic person, and this whole experience just reinforced my pre-existing feelings.
    Could you ask your store's owner if he could subscribe for you? My owner always has my issues taken aside for me, so even if it sells out I'll always have a copy.

My Collection

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

It's too much of a hassle, and not worth the trouble. If I was anywhere close to being as interested in this comic adaptation as the actual novels I might consider it, but I'm not so I won't. The way I look at it, I already wasted way too much time on these comics. I'm glad I read The Gunslinger Born, but overall I'd describe my experience as disappointing, at best.

Traveler steelio2006 is on a distinguished road

i'd be upfor buying the new series. i read the original book and though it was awesome. but was saddened that it was never made into a miniseries yet. cause the gunslinger is very cinematic. so this may be the next thing closest to seeing my favorite entry visualized.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Amazon is currently showing this as the cover :

And the release date is now indicating Feb 2nd, 2010 ( originally said March 9th ).
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Got it on preorder!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast