Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Will you read The Gunslinger and subsequent issues?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 62.79%
  • No, I'm dropping it after Jericho Hill

2 4.65%
  • No, I already dropped it

6 13.95%
  • I don't know/Other

8 18.60%
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower Comics Series - General Discussion

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Found this website and figured folk who haven't ordered the series or part of the series and would prefer a different vendor than Amazon would like it..

http://talesofwonder.com/dark-tower.php
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks CK

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI, I just merged a couple old threads talking about the comictower page into this thread.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

You can now view the first issue of The Gunslinger Born online, if you're one of those who haven't had a chance to buy the series or aren't sure if you want to. Check it out..

http://www.marvel.com/digitalcomics/...paign=usatoday
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got the hardcover of Gunslinger Born today.

Awesome. My only complaint is the lack of the end-stories...still not sure what crack they were smoking at Marvel that made them decide to not include them.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I was disappointed as well. I hope there's some good stuff in the next arc!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Same here. I was glad to have the entire arc in one book, but I wish they had included the supplemental material as well. I still have all of my individual issues, but it'd have been nice to have them all in a single volume. If they continue to include stuff like this in the comics, and I hope they do, perhaps they could release all of the "extra" stuff in separate hardcover edition when the whole thing is done. now THAT would be a cool single volume.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Same here. I was glad to have the entire arc in one book, but I wish they had included the supplemental material as well. I still have all of my individual issues, but it'd have been nice to have them all in a single volume. If they continue to include stuff like this in the comics, and I hope they do, perhaps they could release all of the "extra" stuff in separate hardcover edition when the whole thing is done. now THAT would be a cool single volume.

If I were to bet...this is the only reason I can see why they'd have held back those.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Gunslinger's Guidebook has a lot of the supplemental material in it. But they really should have included it. I'm not sure what a supplemental material edition would be called? Dark Tower Mythos?

I'm sure they'll come up with some clever Tower-related name for it. It'd be a cool book though.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I bet that is exactly what they are going to do.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I bet that is exactly what they are going to do.
    How much? lol

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Lets see, I'll put 1000 beam bucks on it

Well, I'm not about to bet against something I hope they will do. It was my idea dammit!

I'm sure they'll come up with some clever Tower-related name for it. It'd be a cool book though.
    They just better or I might just get put out.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dud-a-chum? is on a distinguished road Dud-a-chum?'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wait a minute, I've been out of it awhile, are you saying there is more Tower goodness coming to the stands in comic form?

Yes, these first seven, "The Gunslinger Born," were only the first arc of the full series. The second story arc, "The Long Road Home" is due to start its release in March.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Question about The Dark Tower Comic Series

I have recieved The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born Hardcover Comic Book. My question is, are 2-7 going to be in hardback or regular comic book type? and are they going to be a single comic book for each 2-7?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The hardcover that is avaiable now should be 1-7 of Gunslinger Born representing the first arc of the series.

The next arc (The Long Road Home) should run close to the same number of issues and I am sure there will be a hard back version of it as well when the print run is done.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The hardcover is the whole first set. There will likely be a hardcover edition of the second arc as well. There is a section dedicated to the comics here if you want more info.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

The second arc is 5 issues, and I think there will be a hardcover omnibus edition, especially since the first one sold so well.

Take note, though, that if you only purchased the hardcover collection you are missing out on a lot of material that wasn't included that was in the individual installments. Robin's mythology tales, most notably, which for me were the best part of the series.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

^

I don't have the hardcover at all yet, the individuals are a must as Bev is saying above, a lot of cool stuff in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Robin's mythology tales, most notably, which for me were the best part of the series.
    Same here

Shouldn't this thread be merged into one of the threads in the Dark Tower Comic forum?

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast