Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Will you read The Gunslinger and subsequent issues?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 62.79%
  • No, I'm dropping it after Jericho Hill

2 4.65%
  • No, I already dropped it

6 13.95%
  • I don't know/Other

8 18.60%
Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower Comics Series - General Discussion

Gunslinger Apprentice Glass is on a distinguished road Glass's Avatar

Comic book artists do only covers all the time. Then they leave the interior art to someone else, someone less talented. It gets people picking up the book. But for someone like me, who hates being deceived... it's problematic at best.

And now, it is official: http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=11695

Richard Isanove is doing the pencils. Not Jae. Just like Dark Tower: Sorcerer.

This really chaps my chaps! If Jae is gone for the series, I'm pissed!
    Order The Talisman: The Road of Trials comic book set signed by Robin Furth and Tony Shasteen at The Signed Page!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jae Lee DOESNT WORK ANYMORE on the dark tower comics???

(any variants for the fall of gilead? )
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure that you can be guaranteed that there will be variants. Sucks that we're losing Jae...
    Heng Dai

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

We don't know for sure he's out of the whole arc, do we?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Yes, there will be variant and sketches... I will see where I can find the article that said that... however, I don't recall seeing that Jae will be off the comic.

On the other hand... if they go the way of the Stand comics - the same cover for regular and sketch, I will not be happy.

For sure artists do covers only - the Stand being a great example. Lee Bermejo does the covers, Mike Perkins the interior art and variant covers.

Honestly, I don't want to lose Jae. I love his style and I love his asthetic.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didnt see either that Jae was off. Where does that info come from?
    Who will be working on it then?

Wondering if it will affect the designs of characters... and all in the end
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I didnt see either that Jae was off. Where does that info come from?
    Who will be working on it then?
    Check out the link in Glass's post above. According to the blurb there Richard Isanove will be doing all the art rather than just the colours he did before. Of course it could be a misprint, but considering he is listed for The Sorcerer too, that seems unlikely.

Wondering if it will affect the designs of characters... and all in the end
    If it's true then sure there'll be differences, but i'd imagine the overall look for the main characters will be similar. The new artist might even emulate the original style.

As for me, much as I like Jae Lee's style, I don't mind another artist having a go as long as they're good.

Apparently Isanove did the art for the cover of the Sorcerer too. You can judge that for yourself here.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't mind them having someone new. I wonder if the dismal reception that Treachery has received played into the decision at all--from a financial standpoint, I mean. I'm sure Jae Lee doesnt come cheap.
    Heng Dai

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If they had decided to go with a different artist for each arc I would have been fine with it but we are half way thru the series I will be disappointed if the rest isn't done by Jae.

We also don't know why the change (assuming there is a change) and it might be Jae's decision. Next time I talk to Albert Moy I will see if I can find out anything.

My Mood
    Gay

Yeah, I see that it's been reported that Richard Isanove will be doing the art for the new arc.

I didn't see anything about the covers though, so I'm going with the assumption that Jae is going to be doing the cover and the sketch variant - at least until I hear differently.

Dave / Oy - if you could get some info from Albert Moy, that would be great.

I also asked David / Wiz if he could get some info from Jae himself.

Gotta comment here - Richard Isanove is no slouch, he's a great artist.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

I'm sure Jae will do all of the covers for the series, even though he won't do the interior art. And I doubt we'll have sketch variants from Jae for the rest of the series since those sketch variants are merely panels taken from the interior art he was doing. Without him doing the interior art, where will the sketch variants come from? I doubt he will create a sketch variant just for the sake of having a sketch variant.

As for Richard, he's a fantastic colorist! But we'll have to wait and see how good of a penciller he is. It looks like Marvel will hire an inker for him. That inker may help Richard's pencils if they hire a good inker. We'll see.
    Order The Talisman: The Road of Trials comic book set signed by Robin Furth and Tony Shasteen at The Signed Page!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've noticed that they tend to separate the art duties a lot in American comics. i.e. Pencils and inks. They sometimes to that on Britis publications too, but in most of the art I've seen in 2000 AD, the artist does both (i.e. ink their own pencils).

Since Isanove is renowned for his inking/colouring, I reckon he will do both.

My Mood
    Gay

Isanove is a very talented guy, for sure.

I am so curious as to why Jae isn't going to be doing the DT books anymore ( or at least not this arc ) ... his artwork is so detailed and precise and ... I'm so comfortable with his "versions" of Roland and his Ka-Tet.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Another reason to wait for the Hardcover lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Gay

I understand your hestitation, Merlin...

... but honestly, there's no way I'm waiting !!!!

I'll be getting all the issues, to read, to save and to cgc.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Guide to Gilead

I just talked to my comic book guy and he said the new date for The Dark Tower: Guide to Gilead is April 8. He also said that's the new date for the first issue of Sorcerer.

John

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow John. Did he say why they pushed the Guide back so far?

Life is a garden...dig it!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

He said that last week it had been scheduled for April 1, and it got pushed back to the 8th. I don't know where the February 25 date came from.

John

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good to know.

Thanks!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

It was listed on Marvel's site this week that the Guide Book and the #6 variants would be released on the 25th. None of that happened. The variants (I learned today) will be out next week. Strange.

Thanks for the update on the Guide Book.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Must. Have. Jae.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Two e-mails sent to Jae...no response as yet. Sometimes he takes awhile to get back to me.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Gay

No problem, Wiz. Thanks for the update.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmm...3 e-mails sent to Jae and still no response.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's ominous.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast