Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Will you read The Gunslinger and subsequent issues?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 62.79%
  • No, I'm dropping it after Jericho Hill

2 4.65%
  • No, I already dropped it

6 13.95%
  • I don't know/Other

8 18.60%
Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1338

Thread: The Dark Tower Comics Series - General Discussion

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I need a better sample for comparison, but so far...no.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And Jae Lee is unresponsive to my e-mails. I sent him one in November and another one a month ago (this time with a read receipt) and have heard nothing. No receipt sent back for the last one either. It is possible he changed primary e-mails, or that he is just too busy to check. I have his cell phone number but I am afraid to bother him with an actual phone call.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Along the Path of the Beam Atanóno Fána is on a distinguished road Atanóno Fána's Avatar

Please you Farson in this work. I will be at least part of this week, so if I really look forward to my favorite character.

Gunslinger Apprentice High_Desert_Gunslinger is on a distinguished road High_Desert_Gunslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool. I had this same question and was looking for an answer. This post helped a lot.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ola View Post
    Wow, these covers are all so good! Thanks for posting.
    That's Jae Lee's work. I love that guy!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Along the Path of the Beam Atanóno Fána is on a distinguished road Atanóno Fána's Avatar

Please you Farson in this work. I will be at least part of this week, so if I really look forward to my favorite character.

???

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't purchased any Jae Lee artwork since before issue 1 of Gunslinger Born came out, but I did just buy this page from issue 1 of Jericho Hill. I felt I had to have something from Jericho Hill and I very much liked that this piece has: Roland, his gun with the Eld insignia, and his ka-tet (including Aileen) in the bottom panel. It had everything I wanted. So enjoy.

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, David, that is awesome!!!! I love it.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are you asking if Farson will be in this issue? I don't know as I haven't received it yet, but I'd imagine if he's not in this he'll be in the next, simply because these are the last 2 issues towards Jericho Hill! Of course it's possible Farson died later between the series and the books.

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I indeed love how Cuthbert looks in that pic. Oh man, I've missed you, Jae Lee.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Are you asking if Farson will be in this issue? I don't know as I haven't received it yet, but I'd imagine if he's not in this he'll be in the next, simply because these are the last 2 issues towards Jericho Hill! Of course it's possible Farson died later between the series and the books.
    Farson not died. It would be stupid to not there, is the leader across the Army, so it will be very sad if I appear, but do not expect.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Has a sketch variant been issued for The Stand: American Nightmares #5? I noticed there is no listing in the catalog and I've also been unable to locate one. I've got them for all the other issues of American Nightmares.

I hope Jae Lee is okay!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice disel24 is on a distinguished road disel24's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the books take a taildive from DT IV honestly however, because King and Furth are going under the assumption that anyone that picks up the comics has read the series, they do expand on a bunch of stuff that you would only understand if you read the series.

To be honest though, the comic work has been spectacular and each series is worth a read!

My Mood
    Gay

John - Interesting question.

Marvel has an entry for it - but no cover shown. Lee Bermejo is listed as the artist.

However ( !!! ) - I have searched everywhere looking for a cover image, and have yet to find one. When I do searches for sketch issue availability - again, nothing.

My comic shop retailer online that I use... they list only 2 covers ( regular and variant ) and there's no mention of a sketch version ever being available.

I suspect they never released one, but I haven't been able to confirm this absolutely.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Pam. I don't think I've ever seen one offered on eBay either. I'll leave it on my "Looking for" list, but...

John

My Mood
    Gay

John - If you do find one, please post or PM me so I'll know it actually exists. I'll keep and eye out as well, and do the same!

Thanks!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Will do. I've been looking for a long time, and have yet to see one.

I've emailed an eBbay seller that I've purchased a number of sketch variants from and asked her if one even exists. We'll see.

John

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My comic guy told me they quit producing the 1:75 variants for The Stand series. Not sure if it was an economy thing or because they were basically the same artwork as the regular one.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    My comic guy told me they quit producing the 1:75 variants for The Stand series. Not sure if it was an economy thing or because they were basically the same artwork as the regular one.
    Hee. Gretchen has a "comic guy".

Actually, it's probably more that not very many comic shops were qualifying for the sketch issue. Sales are down on the Stand comics and the Dark Tower comics... ordering 75 issues to get the sketch variant probably stopped being plausable for most shops since the regular issues just aren't selling.

I'm not surprised the Marvel would stop that option.

( what confuses me is why Marvel has an entry for it on their site ... they're not the best at keeping their own info up to date though, that's for sure )

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pam aren't you and everyone at Marvel on a first name basis by now? Damn, with how many comics you buy you'd think you'd have your own line straight to the main guy's office almost like the batphone.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Pam aren't you and everyone at Marvel on a first name basis by now? Damn, with how many comics you buy you'd think you'd have your own line straight to the main guy's office almost like the batphone.
    While that certainly would be a dream come true... it just isn't the case.

And ya know, a Thank You card wouldn't kill them either!!

At this point I'm sure they figure out DT comic publishing with this criteria :

10 copies for Pam ... and how many will anyone else want?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You'd expect them to be flying to your house just to bring you hugs and flowers and chocolates. Ingrates!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What's the comic book version of a Calvin?

Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast