Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Will you read The Gunslinger and subsequent issues?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 62.79%
  • No, I'm dropping it after Jericho Hill

2 4.65%
  • No, I already dropped it

6 13.95%
  • I don't know/Other

8 18.60%
Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1338

Thread: The Dark Tower Comics Series - General Discussion

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    If they can hear the horn from miles away, why can't they hear the gun shots from Vannay and the Doctor being killed.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The castle of Eld has soundproof walls.

Not really. Good point actually. I wondered why nobody heard the gunshots too, but then I figured with the gunslinger training ground and shooting range being nearby, they're probably used to hearing gunshots. Yeah, I don't entirely buy that either... especially as I think at least one of those people was shot at night.

Along the Path of the Beam Atanóno Fána is on a distinguished road Atanóno Fána's Avatar

Please, does anyone have this part. If so, you can write if there is Farson more than once. We have fork and immediately preview the first page holds his head as always:-D is there to display it again?

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

???

I am not sure what you are asking but if it is whether Farson is in this issue the answer is no. There is another big time baddie in the issue though.

I thought it was cool that Furth added the bit from the Gunslinger about Roland coming across a cult that worshipped a gas pump. However, it seems like there is a lot of ground to cover in the last two issues.

Along the Path of the Beam Atanóno Fána is on a distinguished road Atanóno Fána's Avatar

Strange that Farson is right on the first page ....

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Sketch Variants

Am I the only one or is everyone else having problems locating the sketch variants for Soul Survivors and Battle of Jericho Hill? I search eBay systematically and have yet to see any offered.

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Am I the only one or is everyone else having problems locating the sketch variants for Soul Survivors and Battle of Jericho Hill? I search eBay systematically and have yet to see any offered.

John
    John-

I can only speak to Jericho Hill, but I got the first two variants on eBay fairly easily. For Jericho Hill, there is a departure in variants with only 1 color variant per issue instead of two for the previous arcs (1 color and 1 black/white). No Jae Lee/Isanove variants for this arc.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

John - I only get the variants in CGC Graded for the most part, so I have a service for that purpose. My CGC guy hasn't had a problem as of yet.

You can check www.mycomicshop.com for variants, they usually have them - though they can be a little pricey sometimes.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Pam, do you mean there are no sketch variants (1:75) issued for these?

I have the color variants (1:25) for them, but not the sketch.

John

My Mood
    Gay

You got it right, John.

Both Soul Survivors and Jericho Hill show only color cover variants. No sketch variants for either.

So for these two, they ( Marvel ) have dropped the 1:75 sketch variants, and are only issuing the 1:25 cover variants.

At least, that's what I'm finding when I search Marvel and my comic sites.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Pam. I kind of thought that was the situation, but I just wasn't sure. I'll cross them off my "looking for" list!

John

My Mood
    Gay

Default Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born TPB

Amazon just announced pre-orders for The Gunslinger Born Trade PaperBack.

Paperback: 240 pages
    Publisher: Marvel Books (December 15, 2010)
    Language: English
    ISBN-10: 0785121455
    ISBN-13: 978-0785121459

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0785121455/ref=pe_11480_14351800_emwa_email_title_1]Amazon Link[/ame]

Due, December 15th, 2010... order early and avoid the Christmas / Hanukkah rush.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So how many will you be getting Pam?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

Okay, so I'm gonna be honest here and admit that I've already pre-ordered 3.

<-- real sucker for DT comic stuff.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am shocked!

Only 3?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

Sure. One to read, two to put up and save.

Dammit. You don't think I need more than three?

Also... who knows if there's going to be any of the dreaded "variant" covers eventually.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

None of us know, but all of us know who'll buy three of each (at least) if they do.

If you rescue me

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger #1 (of 5)

DARK TOWER: THE GUNSLINGER #1 (of 5)
    Written by ROBIN FURTH & PETER DAVID
    Art & Cover by SEAN PHILLIPS & RICHARD ISANOVE
    Variant Cover by JAE LEE & RICHARD ISANOVE
    A BOLD NEW CHAPTER IN STEPHEN KING’S THE DARK TOWER SAGA BEGINS HERE! Twelve years have passed since the fateful Battle of Jericho Hill and the fall of the gunslingers. Since the Affiliation’s resistance against John Farson became little more than a faint memory. Since the friends that stood by young Roland Deschain burned to ash in the Good Man’s razing of Gilead. But Roland survived...and now he stalks the desert, hunting the spectral Man in Black in his quest for the Dark Tower. Join Robin Furth, Peter David and Richard Isanove as they welcome superstar artist Sean Phillips (INCOGNITO) into the ka-tet of creators entrusted by Stephen King himself to bring the adult adventures of his most personal creation to life!

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks, CGF !!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

'Twelve years on' and 'a bold new chapter'. That suggests it's actually set between the series and books, eh? Twelve years alone could just put it within The Gunslinger's time-line though as I think Roland was estimated as being in his thirties there. It was stated that thousands of years had slipped past on his journey, but this could be a reference of his personal experience of time.

I'm curious anyway. If it is something new, it's somewhat surprising they're continuing due to their low sales, but maybe they're expecting the name 'The Gunslinger' to pull people in.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The drawing of Farson on the first page is just to acompany a character talking about Farson's armies. Farson himself does not appear in this issue. Martin does make an appearance however.

Country
    Country Flag

I recently read the last two episodes. I'm not sure how
    Spoiler:
    Roland knew about the breakers so soon, considering it came as a bit of a revelation in the books
    . I tend to take that speech he made as a bit of filler for the benefits of those not conversant with the books though.

Also, the business with the Beam
    Spoiler:
    only partly broken? Eh? Doesn't the Beam quake mean it has snapped? The boy was dead after all, and that was the suggestion from Song of Susannah, although I'd have imagined the wreckage would have been much bigger.

I'm was a bit uncertain of the passage of time within the comics too. I thought much of episode one was told in backflash. This makes sense as they're off to search for the Tower at the end, then in episode 2, they're now at war. I hope I got that right.
    Spoiler:
    The 'story so far' stuff at the front of episode 2 seems to confuse things a bit though by suggesting the quake has just happened...

The sub plot in episode 3 surrounding
    Spoiler:
    the gunslinger and his kidnapped family is quite interesting. It explains the 'treachery from within' mentioned in Wolves of the Calla (I think), in a way that is believable, and shows what a scumbag old Marten can really be.

It's a shame they left out Marten's return to Gilead in the form of Walter though, something mentioned briefly in The Gunslinger. That should really have fit in the Treachery or Fall of Gilead arcs. I forget if the revised Gunslinger changed that though. I think that bit was left in, but I'll need to check to be sure.

I'm curious about the utilisation of Slow Mutants in Farson's army. I tend to see them more as a law to themselves, but that's just my impression. It certainly doesn't contradict any of the books we've read. The Little Sisters of Eluria
    Spoiler:
    showed an uneasy alliance of sorts between Slow Mutants and vampires after all.

I also wonder how they're going to cram the rest of Jericho Hill in just two more episodes! Mind you, there's only so much narrative that can deal with an actual battle. Most of the really interesting stuff are the bits in between.

By the way, Rhea! I wonder if she will ever reappear?
    Spoiler:
    Or did Roland get his vengeance in the nine years in between, a story yet to be told?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Jae Lee steps aside for a new artist on the upcoming Gunslinger series

February 24, 2010 - Marvel is proud to announce that Eisner Award-winning Sean Phillips (Incognito, Criminal, Marvel Zombies) has joined the New York Times best-selling Dark Tower creative team! Philips joins the acclaimed team of Peter David, Robin Furth and Richard Isanove in the select group of creators entrusted by Stephen King himself to bring the adult adventures of his most personal creation to life in Dark Tower: The Gunslinger! Philips exclaims, "Well, I've bought the hat and the gun and holster. And I've got the lead pencil right here that'll do the job!"

Phillips' fellow Dark Tower collaborators couldn't be more pleased with their new teammate. "Here's to the beginning of our new Dark Tower adventure! Sean is a wonderful artist, so I can't wait to see his depictions of Mid-World. We will all miss Jae [Lee], but we're really lucky to have Sean. Peter and Richard will continue their amazing work, so I think Roland is ready to saddle up and move forward to the Mohaine Desert. Readers, bring plenty of sunscreen. You're going to need it" said Robin Furth.

Peter David added, "I'm very much looking forward to seeing Sean's depiction of Mid-World and the superb manner in which he'll be telling Robin's stories. Jae left him sizable boots to fill, but I have every confidence that Sean is more than up to the challenge, and I'm looking forward to dialoguing his peerless pencils."

"The past four years spent in Midworld have been the most enjoyable and creatively fullfiling of my professional life. Jae has taken me further than I thought possible in the artistic field and I am ecstatic to now have Sean along for the ride. I'm sure he'll quickly feel at home within our little functional family, with the wise guidance of Robin, Peter's perfect prose and under Ralph's despotic thumb" explained Richard Isanove.

Ruwan Jayatilleke, Marvel's Senior Vice President, Development & Planning, Print, Animation and Digital Media, said, "Marvel is absolutely psyched to have Sean Phillips join the Dark Tower creative team. Though Jae's artistry will be missed, Sean's gift of phenomenal storytelling and visual fireworks will keep the Dark Tower: The Gunslinger compelling, stunning, and true to its canon. Fans will have much to rave about in the coming months."

A bold new chapter in Stephen King's Dark Tower saga begins in Dark Tower: The Gunslinger #1, as Sean Phillips brings you a vision of Gilead like you've never seen before!

DARK TOWER: THE GUNSLINGER #1 (of 5)
    Written by ROBIN FURTH & PETER DAVID
    Art & Cover by SEAN PHILLIPS & RICHARD ISANOVE
    Variant Cover by JAE LEE & RICHARD ISANOVE
    Parental Advisory …$3.99
    ON-SALE MAY 2010

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'll hold my opinion until I actually see the new artwork, but I am majorly bummed Jae is leaving.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Gay

That's his cover up above there, Daggers... I am bummed about Jae not being 100% involved, too.

Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast