Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Will you read The Gunslinger and subsequent issues?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 62.79%
  • No, I'm dropping it after Jericho Hill

2 4.65%
  • No, I already dropped it

6 13.95%
  • I don't know/Other

8 18.60%
Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower Comics Series - General Discussion

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Dark Tower Comics Series - General Discussion

This thread is for general discussion on the topic of the Dark Tower comic book series.

Please read the SPOILER WARNING thread and follow the guidelines therein.

Thanks!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to admit that I haven't yet started the series; I'm waiting for all seven issues before I begin. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense to many of us (and to me either, actually, because I read each volume of The Green Mile as it came out) but that's just what I'm doing.

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it sorta' makes sense in a way maybe. I just couldn't do it personally.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Well, it sorta' makes sense in a way maybe. I just couldn't do it personally.
    Yeah, me either; my extremely limited patience won't allow it

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It would have been easy for me with my limited access to comics but I've been driving miles for them for years already.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've bought all of mine via eBay. I could drive to a comic book store, but I'm lazy and the one that is near my place doesn't carry it.
    I really hope there isn't a long wait between the first arc and the second...

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too, I am hoping these come out wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

I do all mine off of ebay too, unless I can get to Denver and see my buddy Aaron.

Traveler Squatchie is on a distinguished road Squatchie's Avatar

My favourite part of the comics thus far has been the addendums that Robin Furth's been writing, explaining the geography of Mid-World, and the creation of both Maerlyn's Rainbow and gunslinger's guns.

That's the sort of stuff I've been salivating for since I started reading them oh so many years ago.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchie View Post
    My favourite part of the comics thus far has been the addendums that Robin Furth's been writing, explaining the geography of Mid-World, and the creation of both Maerlyn's Rainbow and gunslinger's guns.

That's the sort of stuff I've been salivating for since I started reading them oh so many years ago.
    I like the backstories too. I think I enjoy just seeing the characters too!

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I like seeing the ones that were only referred to in the books, like John Farson.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    I like seeing the ones that were only referred to in the books, like John Farson.
    Hell yes! I love the way that Farson is portrayed in the comics, he looks brutal.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchie View Post

You know, i think this is my favorite as well. I like having this history and part of the story that wasn't told in books 1-7. Rolands memory at times is vague and swiss cheese like. Robin Furth just laid it all out in a short descriptive story.

mmmm swiss cheese.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Country
    Country Flag

Whoever reads anything on the second arc (how many will there be anyway?) has to promise to post it here for everyone.

Traveler Jen is on a distinguished road Jen's Avatar

I'm reading the comics as they come out (or a little after they come out, as AJ has to mail them to me from PA). I have to say that I'm enjoying them quite a lot, and they've made me start rereading the series, which I'd been intending to do for some time now. I'm partway through the Gunslinger for the umteenth time, and loving it.

The style of the artwork took some getting used to, but now I'm really enjoying it. Not being a comic fan, really, I can't comment on how they stack up compared to other comics...but they seem pretty freakin' awesome to me.

Yay for new Tower stuff for us old-timers to get excited about again!
    "As Jake neared this clump of alien grass, the rose began to open before his eyes. It disclosed a dark scarlet furnace, petal upon secret petal, each burning with its own secret fury..."

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Comic Tower web page

I've been busy

There is also a page for the Gunslinger Born series. I gave heavy credit where it was due for the images.

www.thedarktower.org/comictower

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I get mine from g-mart.com - they're awesome. You can even set up a subscription so they'll automatically ship to you, and they do a great job of wrapping them up so that they don't get folded, stapled or mutilated.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whoever reads anything on the second arc (how many will there be anyway?) has to promise to post it here for everyone.
    In the Marvel Spotlight issue focusing on The Dark Tower comic, it says that the second arc will be 5 issues in length, and cover the boys return to Gilead. The rest of the arcs are supposed to all be 6 issue arcs, so that would be 3 more 6 issue arcs after the second arc.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks dude! By chance did it say when we could expect the second arc? Or, how long between each one?

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks dude! By chance did it say when we could expect the second arc? Or, how long between each one?
    No, it didn't give any info on how long there will be between each arc. All I've read are the various unconfirmed things I've found on the net, that there will most likely be a few months between arcs, but again that's just speculation. I sure hope we only have to wait a few months between the arcs though.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too. I can't imagine having to wait again like we did with the books.

Gunslinger Apprentice Old Man Splitfoot is on a distinguished road

Honestly, one of the things I liked the most about the books was the waiting between. Well, I certianly didn'y enjoy it at the time, but now that I look back, it helped the release day seem all the more sweet. So if we have a couple months wait between arcs, I won't mind terribly.

Country
    Country Flag

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Anticipation is the best. For any of you who were younger when you started the DT series of books ( I was REALLY young, in my early 20's yet) you can appreciate the anticipation...it's the BEST!!!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I was fine with the original waits and suffered through them all. Its why I never shop online--to "instant gratification" oriented.

So it would be nice if it wasn't too long

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I did the best I could with what I had but now...we are going totally techno.

Look for this page on the website to be auto updated from the information here you guys. It'll look a little different but this is pretty much what we are talking about.

www.thedarktower.org/newstest

Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast