Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Donate a poem or a poem challenge"

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a special place in my heart for these types of folks as I used to be in that group.
    I was a high school dropout, and GED recipient. I was told I would never amount to much. Had my share of drugs/booze/hard times.

Now I am a Doctor of Pharmacy.
    Feel free to use this story.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lady Linda: will you keep your poem only here, or will you start your own thread (at last)? It's important for the Index. I hope for the latter, because having one's own thread usually encourages one to post there more and more... which I wish you would do.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Darling, we shall see what we shall see, not being a writer at all, I hesitate to post anything. But I thank you always for your interest.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Heres a poem, I dont have a thread so I thought I'd bump this one with it.

You talk about craft
    but no magical mantras
    persistence is key

Unlocking visions
    beyond what is apparent
    pay close attention

Dare to speak the truth:
    another prefers silence;
    each finds his own way

Words reflect knife's edge
    joy, pain, sorrow multiplied
    condensed in poems

Above all else, write:
    keep striving; chances are good
    you'll carve your own path

While the road ahead
    remains hard, one understands
    maps fashioned with words

Fragments of prayer
    snatched from thin air and transformed
    poetry for all
    But this is GREAT! So apropos for the boys!! It makes many of the points i am trying tto make.

And on the tenth day, God said "Let Linda start her own thread. And God saw this and saw that it was good."
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNING'S CHILDE View Post
    I would not use the poem entitled "winter" however.

Actually, they have heard me say worse. But I never put it in print!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Linda I put your poem on the board at work. I credited you by using the name "A friend of ________ House." I cannot reveal the name of the facility ,online.

Thank you.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Are we still doing this?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's permanent. Anyway, as I said, everything written by the bear can be used by Jon on permanent basis.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    Are we still doing this?

Aye!

Please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2