Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those who have gone to these, are you able to ask SK a question and take a picture as he signs or is it a "wham bam thank you ma'am" type thing? For example Joe Hill's signings are fairly informal and I've been able to ask him things from time to time.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've only been to a couple of recent signings, but they were pretty formal. You could arrange to have a picture taken while your book was being signed, but there could be no flash, and King didn't stop and pose. They kept the line moving pretty quick, so any time for questions and interaction was minimal. On each occasion I asked for the signature to be dated as well and each time he politely refused and suggested that it would slow things down. Your mileage may vary but the whole experience lasted roughly a minute. And with that in mind, I would do it all again in a heartbeat.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really wanna book my plane tickets... I wish they would give details like.. NOW! lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I really wanna book my plane tickets... I wish they would give details like.. NOW! lol
    Speaking of that, any ideas on when they will release any more information?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jnbball View Post
    Oh it won't be long... I would say next month sometime.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I know that the bookstores are currently trying to book venues for the tour and getting all the final details together.

End of Watch book tour was announced on the King site 3/8/17 First tickets for a venue went on sale 3/21. Other venues announced ticket sales up to mid April. Tour started June 7.

I was surprised about the early King book tour announcement May announcement for a September signing!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Let's not forget that this book does have a co-author.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    For those who have gone to these, are you able to ask SK a question and take a picture as he signs or is it a "wham bam thank you ma'am" type thing? For example Joe Hill's signings are fairly informal and I've been able to ask him things from time to time.
    King book signings are a machine. You are probably in front of him for about five seconds. Too many people for chats and pictures. You might get in a quick question but don't expect a big conversation.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    King book signings are a machine. You are probably in front of him for about five seconds. Too many people for chats and pictures. You might get in a quick question but don't expect a big conversation.
    Odds are, most of these dates are not going to be "book signings" per se.

One or two of them will probably be like RichardX described above (more like 3-4 seconds in front of the authors), but the lion's share of them will be an "author event", at the end of which you will be handed a book as you leave the venue.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just wondering how a tour like this works: Like, how many books/items are allowed to be brought to have signed? Or, as it's the Sleeping Beauties signing tour, is that the only book that the Kings will sign?
    Signing-virgin here, obviously...

sk

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Just wondering how a tour like this works: Like, how many books/items are allowed to be brought to have signed? Or, as it's the Sleeping Beauties signing tour, is that the only book that the Kings will sign?

sk
    Probably no signing at all. Just random distribution of presigned books.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

sk
    Probably no signing at all. Just random distribution of presigned books.
    This. (Unless you hook-up with Lot Guy )
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

I am doing two cities for sure!!! I could not be more excited. Hope to catch up with some of you cool cats in Toronto on the 5th and Sarasota on the 6th!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

I'm shooting for Sarasota. Would be nice to meet someone who's been doing this for a while. Will be my first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Country
    Country Flag

I'm shooting for Sarasota. Would be nice to meet someone who's been doing this for a while. Will be my first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nice! Well we shall keep in touch and have a beer after!! Lot of great members in Florida too.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

sk
    In the last few years, book tours promoting a new book have been strictly limited to signing (or pre-signed copies) of the new book. Try to bring another book into the event and the book store folks might taser you. It is really that uptight. I was about two hundred people back from King at an event when a bookstore guy yelled at my 12-year old daughter for not holding her own copy of the book. Really uptight nonsense with a laundry list of rules. It's only at annual book events/expos that King will now sometimes sign older books but it is typically only one per person. Ticketed events are much better to avoid the long stand in the line. Some of the recent book tours required you to make two trips to the book store. First, to buy a ticket (possibly after spending 8 or more hours in line waiting). Second, to attend the event. That is apparently to cut down on folks traveling to the events from outside the local area since they have to make two long trips to get it done. It has become a real hassle. I've attended plenty of King appearances and he doesn't say enough new things to justify the time and expense now just to get a chance at a presigned copy of the new book (which can be bought for a fraction of the aggravation after the fact). But if you have never been it is well worth the chance. He is not getting any younger and is not a healthy looking guy. Can't imagine he is at this much longer.

sk
    In the last few years, book tours promoting a new book have been strictly limited to signing (or pre-signed copies) of the new book. Try to bring another book into the event and the book store folks might taser you. It is really that uptight. I was about two hundred people back from King at an event when a bookstore guy yelled at my 12-year old daughter for not holding her own copy of the book. Really uptight nonsense with a laundry list of rules. It's only at annual book events/expos that King will now sometimes sign older books but it is typically only one per person. Ticketed events are much better to avoid the long stand in the line. Some of the recent book tours required you to make two trips to the book store. First, to buy a ticket (possibly after spending 8 or more hours in line waiting). Second, to attend the event. That is apparently to cut down on folks traveling to the events from outside the local area since they have to make two long trips to get it done. It has become a real hassle. I've attended plenty of King appearances and he doesn't say enough new things to justify the time and expense now just to get a chance at a presigned copy of the new book (which can be bought for a fraction of the aggravation after the fact). But if you have never been it is well worth the chance. He is not getting any younger and is not a healthy looking guy. Can't imagine he is at this much longer.
    You're not saying that in order to get tickets to the event in Sarasota, for example, I would have to fly/drive to Sarasota to get the tickets and then fly/drive again for the event, are you?

Country
    Country Flag

sk
    You're not saying that in order to get tickets to the event in Sarasota, for example, I would have to fly/drive to Sarasota to get the tickets and then fly/drive again for the event, are you?
    This was just one venue I think was it not that did this?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

sk
    It's certainly a possibility but we should probably refrain from talking about this publicly.

Country
    Country Flag

sk
    Many recent events have been like that. For example, the signings in Portland, ME and Sewickley, PA were stand in line all night to get a ticket and then come back weeks later for the event. Some others have allowed online or phone purchase of tickets but if book stores are involved it is usually trouble. They are not set up for big events and generally want to cater to the local customers. The most recent trend was for a book store to sponsor the event but hold it at some enormous venue. The good news is that tickets were easier to get because there were so many seats available. The bad news is that it decreases your odds of a random pre-signed book.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Can anyone, "Hook a Brother up"??????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    No details have been announced, Bill. Your request seems a little premature.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

All due respect, but dates and locations have been announced. When is "too early"? Early bird gets the worm, no? lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

All due respect, but dates and locations have been announced. When is "too early"? Early bird gets the worm, no? lol
    Tickets have not gone on sale yet. I live 20 minutes from the venue. I want to go, but until I hold a ticket in my hand, I'm not going. Nor do we know the availability of signed books, if at all.

Right now, beyond knowing dates and cities, all details are pure speculation.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tickets have not gone on sale yet. I live 20 minutes from the venue. I want to go, but until I hold a ticket in my hand, I'm not going. Nor do we know the availability of signed books, if at all.

Right now, beyond knowing dates and cities, all details are pure speculation.

It's also speculation that anyone will look to "Hook a Brother up". I fail to see your point here. My apologies.

I'm simply stating that while I wish to obtain one of these potentially signed books, I cannot make the trip myself and would someone else be so kind as to offer an assist. I will respond in kind as if it were a "team" effort. Do whatever I can to help out and try to get a signed book as well. That is all. I guess I can count you "out"? Is that what you are saying?

I'd be willing to share costs, info and any insight I can provide. I would think that after all the folks I have done right by in the past, there must be a couple of them willing to share their experience and fortune if, it can be brought to bear.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast