Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jnbball View Post
    Can I ask a stupid question? What is a pre-signed event? Does that mean if I had a book I wanted to get signed it wouldn't be possible? In a pre-signed event do you buy a book that has already been signed? Sorry if this is an obvious question or has been explained elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's actually worse than that. A lot of folks at pre-signed events leave without even a pre-signed copy because they are randomly distributed at the end of the event. So your odds are dependent on how many signed books are made available and how many folks attend the event. It is a pretty awful format for collectors but it likely has the advantage for King that he doesn't have to sit there for hours.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's times like these that I like to remind people about the time SK spoke about 11/22/63 at the JFK library. Signed books were for sale at cover price. There were so few people who cared about buying the book that collectors were able to buy as many as they wanted simply buy buying one at a time and then going to the back of the line. Good times.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jnbball View Post
    Can I ask a stupid question? What is a pre-signed event? Does that mean if I had a book I wanted to get signed it wouldn't be possible? In a pre-signed event do you buy a book that has already been signed? Sorry if this is an obvious question or has been explained elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's actually worse than that. A lot of folks at pre-signed events leave without even a pre-signed copy because they are randomly distributed at the end of the event. So your odds are dependent on how many signed books are made available and how many folks attend the event. It is a pretty awful format for collectors but it likely has the advantage for King that he doesn't have to sit there for hours.
    The format allows King to pre-sell 2400 or 1500 or 800 books while only having to sign 400 books Usually the price of admission includes 1 book with the chance of getting a signed copy.

some of the venues are so large nobody gets a signed copy. I think almost everyone was shut out in Colorado.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Well....I would not say everybody was shut out....at least 400 people got a signed book.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I may end up taking some time off and hitting Chicago, Milwaukee, AND St. Louis if I can snag tickets! Perfect for me since I live not toooo far from all three!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Well....I would not say everybody was shut out....at least 400 people got a signed book.
    I meant the dark tower group, but you are right 400 people went home very happy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Colorado was a tough place for collectors to obtain multiple copies (let alone one). I wasn't one of the ~400. That being said, the money I spent to go to the event, the price for staying at The Stanley hotel, the debauchery at The Stanley, as well as at the cottages in Boulder was money well spent. The signed Doctor Sleep goes for $200, but the fun was priceless.

Spoiler:
    hairy chicks, fellow members going nuts-some tripping over themselves to attempt to get a signature, standing in the drizzle for over an hour, the pizza..the first known appearance of Lot Guy.....

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nothing close to me. I will be in Sarasota for business in the summer but not in October. Hope whoever ends up going has a great time and takes lots of pictures.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just happening to take a trip to NYC the last week of Sept(first time visit to the Big Apple!)so I'm going to wait and see what the details are for that particular stop on Sept. 26th. Obviously if it involves waiting in line a few weeks ahead then it 'aint gonna happen. The closest for me would be Boston which I would normally try for but I'll still be in NYC on that date. I have an S/L on order so getting a signed book isn't a priority but I always love watching him speak. Eh, we'll see but I'm not going to stress over it.

Traveler ZarkSeven is on a distinguished road ZarkSeven's Avatar

I'll be going to the St. Louis event. Maybe 3rd time will be the charm for a signed book. My wife and I went to Kansas City for the Revival book tour and my kids came along with us for the Louisville End of Watch tour and we had no luck with signed copies. We enjoyed seeing him at both events though.

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by ZarkSeven View Post
    I'll be going to the St. Louis event. Maybe 3rd time will be the charm for a signed book. My wife and I went to Kansas City for the Revival book tour and my kids came along with us for the Louisville End of Watch tour and we had no luck with signed copies. We enjoyed seeing him at both events though.

Both books are relatively cheap. $200 There is an abundance of these books amongst the members! If you need on request it in the King Books/Items wanted thread.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The fun, excitement, charm for tours like these is enjoying SK's speech, and meeting fellow collectors.

I don't believe it's been mentioned, but SK usually gives a speech that is always a bit different at each venue, but 90% joke and anecdotes heard before. This being a "co-author" tour, I'd guess that Owen gets stage time, and after that Stephen will tell cool things about Owen, and give a slightly shorter speech. Just a guess.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, This probably won't be a particularly expensive book to find later if you don't go, but if I can get to St. Louis cheaply (and perhaps Hot Springs, AR on the way home) it will be a joy to see both Kings and all of the Corner Commoners.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Let me know if you're looking for a signed copy of end of watch - I might still have an extra copy around now that my CD slipcases are in route - but you'll need a few more posts before you can send/receive a PM
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Yes, This probably won't be a particularly expensive book to find later if you don't go, but if I can get to St. Louis cheaply (and perhaps Hot Springs, AR on the way home) it will be a joy to see both Kings and all of the Corner Commoners.
    I think where it is a larger book and with both signing the value will fall in the $225-$275 range when the dust settles... but for the most part I do agree. I sold 3 copies of End Of Watch for $175 shipped last month. They were 1sts and probaly one of the most signed books King has ever done. I did see that Bett's sold one at $199 last week...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Any estimates on when we will be able to apply for tickets?

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

I have a message out to my source at Powells Bookstore in Portland (a long-time Administrative employee) to see if she can find out any advance info. I'm assuming Powells will be handling the Oct. 3 event as they are the largest bookstore in the area.
    ~Jonathan

Traveler ZarkSeven is on a distinguished road ZarkSeven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

Both books are relatively cheap. $200 There is an abundance of these books amongst the members! If you need on request it in the King Books/Items wanted thread.
    We were just happy to go to the events. A signed book would have just been icing. He did recycle a few stories in Louisville that we heard in Kansas City, so I'm looking forward to seeing how Owen's presence mixes things up.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    I have a message out to my source at Powells Bookstore in Portland (a long-time Administrative employee) to see if she can find out any advance info. I'm assuming Powells will be handling the Oct. 3 event as they are the largest bookstore in the area.
    I'll be looking forward to any information you can share, Jonathan.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Hoping they do some Southern U.S Cities...Nashville would be great.. I"ll be there with balls on ..

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    I"ll be there with balls on ..
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Agreed. We'll be out of the country for the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed that we don't miss out. SK in Portland is how Jeanne and I met Jonathan in the first place!

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    It's a Quote from a Cheech & Chong Movie where they were invited to Dolly Parton Party....If I remember correctly LOL

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    It's a Quote from a Cheech & Chong Movie where they were invited to Dolly Parton Party....If I remember correctly LOL
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Me, too. :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast