Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Did anyone not get a signed copy on this tour? Given that the odds have been mostly 50-50 it seems odd that just about everyone seems to have snagged one or more. I sometimes wonder if King uses the dreaded autopen. Probably not but that's a lot of books to sign. Oblong has a picture of him signing before the Hudson Valley event and he is standing in front of a mountain of books. At his age I'm surprised he can plow through them all. He looks so frail and stiff it is painful to watch him walk on stage. God bless him though if he is signing all these books.
    My group had 6 tickets and ended up with one signed book, so they were definitely at the Brooklyn event!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone not get a signed copy on this tour? Given that the odds have been mostly 50-50 it seems odd that just about everyone seems to have snagged one or more. I sometimes wonder if King uses the dreaded autopen. Probably not but that's a lot of books to sign. Oblong has a picture of him signing before the Hudson Valley event and he is standing in front of a mountain of books. At his age I'm surprised he can plow through them all. He looks so frail and stiff it is painful to watch him walk on stage. God bless him though if he is signing all these books.
    Out of 5 tickets, I got 3 signed. There are plenty of photos with both Kings signing books. I don't think there is an auto pen just yet
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

King has never used an autopen

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

Chicago event was a joke. 3,000 people in huge college gym. Sound was terrible, I couldn’t understand a word they said.
    Staff handled the books during the event which created a mess.
    Most of the books I’ve seen were DJ damaged. Needless to say I didn’t get a signed copy... whatever... St. Louis Sunday

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Is anyone interested in tickets for the Milwaukee event on Saturday? I have two extra ones and will give you a great deal! PM me if interested!
    Tix no longer available. For those of you going tomorrow, I hope to see you! Gretchen

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Chicago event was a joke. 3,000 people in huge college gym. Sound was terrible, I couldn’t understand a word they said.
    Most of the books I’ve seen were DJ damaged. Needless to say I didn’t get a signed copy... whatever... St. Louis Sunday
    What a bummer! I'd thought about getting tickets to Naperville and decided not to - happier now with that decision. Good luck in St. Louis!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone that went to the first few events had more tickets than attendees?

Would they give you two books in exchange for two tickets if only one of you went?

For example; I have 4 tickets and only 3 are going. Can I get the 4th book?

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Would they give you two books in exchange for two tickets if only one of you went?

That was acceptable at the Brooklyn event. I handed them three wristbands and got three books. Just told them I was grabbing them for friends that couldn’t make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Traveler cymru3 is on a distinguished road

They did at the Boston event. The lady in front of me had two tickets but her son couldn't make it. They gave her two books.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been to events where it is one ticket to one person to one book.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Only option is to try and ask (or grab someone off the street) but sounds like some lucked out w the extra ticket. We had 4 and 4 tickets - so didn’t have to try this time.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    3000? really? A lot of people!

EDIT:
    WOW... now i see it... even 3300 : http://ncclinked.com/2017/09/30/step...perville-fans/
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cymru3 View Post

They did at the Boston event. The lady in front of me had two tickets but her son couldn't make it. They gave her two books.
    You did pay for the books, so they should give you all of them. I had extra tickets and I received all the books.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    My timing to use the bathroom in Boston was perfect - on my way to the bathroom I passed Owen and then Mr. King (within a foot or two) to say hi. Then on my way back to my seats they were going back and I passed them both again - to say hi. My personal luck wasn’t so good - no signed copy in mine...but the wife and kids faired a bit better than me. A really fun evening - saw Paul in line and said hi to Paul and Nick for a bit too. Then afterwards a 2.5 hour drive to Vermont in the dark. Everyone enjoy the upcoming stops.
    Was great to meet you for the first time Chad. It was a fun night, and a whole lot cooler than the Brooklyn venue!

Here’s a picture of the lines.

The way they did the lines was annoying. I'm not sure what line you were in but we were in the A-L line. Got there around 5:30 and that line was more than double the other one. So people getting there after us got in a much shorter line and into the church way before us. And then to make it worse that line was already in and we were still wrapped down the street that they went and told half our line to go to the other door. They should have had a list of attendees and then split it down the middle. By the time we got in we were sitting in the back of the church. Thank goodness it was a small church so it wasn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

Glad you had a great time (and got a signed book)!

Your church looks much neater than ours. St. Ann's architecture was cool, but I half-expected a vampire vs. werewolf battle to break out.

It was dark when I looked at my books outside the church and it didn't look like they were flapped, so I was disappointed. Then I figured, "Better check anyway," and that's when I saw one was signed, so I can understand your happy surprise.

And how cool that Paul Tremblay was there (and behind you!).
    Yes, it was a very pleasant surprise. And the church was beautiful. Think it was built in 1780, so it was all wood work.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Traveler cymru3 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    The way they did the lines was annoying. I'm not sure what line you were in but we were in the A-L line. Got there around 5:30 and that line was more than double the other one. So people getting there after us got in a much shorter line and into the church way before us. And then to make it worse that line was already in and we were still wrapped down the street that they went and told half our line to go to the other door. They should have had a list of attendees and then split it down the middle. By the time we got in we were sitting in the back of the church. Thank goodness it was a small church so it wasn't that bad.
    I was curious to see if anyone else mentioned the lines. Seemed like a weird system. I was in the A-L line too and got there around the same time as you. Was pretty frustrating watching people who arrived after me being able to run over to the shorter line and get in first. I ended up on the side but was only 3 rows back so I can't really complain...I just like orderliness I suppose!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure where to put this, so feel free to move it to another thread. And it's not MUCH information, but as I was driving to work I heard something about Stephen King and Owen King going to be on Sirius Radio on SOME channel at SOME time tomorrow (Sunday) talking about Sleeping Beauties. I just tried to Google more information, but came up empty.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Struck out on both books tonight in Milwaukee.
    Good show with a lot of audience questions, except for the guy who wasted it trying to get King to sign his Carrie 1st/1st.

I saw more green ink signatures tonight. Owen also told a story about them signing books a couple nights ago. Stephen refused to use a black ink pen because, "black is death."
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

Great news from Milwaukee....two signed books! We were in the last row on the ground floor and were one of the first people to receive their books. Maybe they didn't "mix them up" as well as they said they would.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

I thought tonight's stop in Milwaukee was a lot of fun. Stephen and Owen have a great rapport, which made for some good questions between the two of them. As Scoogs said, the guy that tried to get a signed Carrie was just ridiculous. I wasn't a big fan of the open mic questions overall. There were a couple good ones, but I think there were three or four variations of 'Owen, what is it like to have Stephen King as a father?' So that got old!

Stephen had mentioned multiple times how much he liked the venue. After seeing the picture of last night in Naperville, I can't blame him.

No luck with my party of three getting a signed book. But, since there were 2,500 seats, my hopes weren't high. Still a great time though.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Not sure where to put this, so feel free to move it to another thread. And it's not MUCH information, but as I was driving to work I heard something about Stephen King and Owen King going to be on Sirius Radio on SOME channel at SOME time tomorrow (Sunday) talking about Sleeping Beauties. I just tried to Google more information, but came up empty.
    I heard a commercial for it yesterday as well. It's on E Street Radio. I'm not a Springsteen fan, so I didn't catch what time it's at.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen and Owen are guest DJ's on the E Street channel (20) at different times over the next few days. I'm guessing it's prerecorded.

http://www.siriusxm.com/estreetradio/weeklyschedule

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

We were 0/2 at Milwaukee last night.

They just handed a book to everybody that passed by, no request to see ticket or anything.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Five events down.....the tour is half over.

Less than ten books per event on average up for sale / sold....and that s counting the seven copies Betts Books is offering.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    We were 0/2 at Milwaukee last night.

They just handed a book to everybody that passed by, no request to see ticket or anything.
    That was odd. I was almost tempted to hand my nonsigned book to my wife, and then take another book further down the line.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Struck out on both books tonight in Milwaukee.
    Good show with a lot of audience questions, except for the guy who wasted it trying to get King to sign his Carrie 1st/1st.

I saw more green ink signatures tonight. Owen also told a story about them signing books a couple nights ago. Stephen refused to use a black ink pen because, "black is death."
    Hi Kyle, how did you manage to get both books. In the line I went through they just gave 1 book to each person as they passed and didn't ask for any ticket. I was wondering if you would be able to get your second book. Did they do it different based on which side you went on?

It was good to see you at the Safehouse.

Stephen and Owen did reveal that Stephen has a new book in the can and ready to be released in June called The(?) Outsider(s?). Sorry my memory is bad. He said it was about some southwest gentleman committing some murders. He didn't want to say too much because even that much info was a spoiler. Maybe one of the others at the event remember the details better.

Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast