Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    It took a bit more than following day for Reno (as I recall) - they had a huge number of requests. Also they updated on their Facebook page - so you might want to check there too. Basically I think it took about 2 days - after that they said if you had not heard, you did not get, and don't bother trying to call us (please).
    Just talked to a guy at the Sarasota B&N. He said up to 48 hours because they have to physically go through the emails. And like you stated, he told me that if they post on Facebook that they have completed the task, and you didn't get an email, then you didn't get a ticket. They will not notify you that you didn't get one.

Not sure if it's correct or not, but he said there were a little over 1,000 emails sent. I'm guessing there were more than that, but you never know.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by C1TIZEN_X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    It took a bit more than following day for Reno (as I recall) - they had a huge number of requests. Also they updated on their Facebook page - so you might want to check there too. Basically I think it took about 2 days - after that they said if you had not heard, you did not get, and don't bother trying to call us (please).
    Just talked to a guy at the Sarasota B&N. He said up to 48 hours because they have to physically go through the emails. And like you stated, he told me that if they post on Facebook that they have completed the task, and you didn't get an email, then you didn't get a ticket. They will not notify you that you didn't get one.

Not sure if it's correct or not, but he said there were a little over 1,000 emails sent. I'm guessing there were more than that, but you never know.
    GOOD chance for the guys QUICK and on the ball...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Sarasota marked as SOLD OUT on Facebook page.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

My fear is I'll get one ticket, but not the other one. There was probably a half second distance between pressing send on the two emails I had ready to go. I guess I'll find out by the end of this weekend. Good luck everyone who submitted.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Shit... Rick that mean they just wanna stop the emails brother.. OR they already told the people who got tickets?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Shit... Rick that mean they just wanna stop the emails brother.. OR they already told the people who got tickets?
    Well. until the chosen decide to share their good fortune, others will wait anxiously.
    SOLD OUT WAS ADDED TO FB PAGE SOMETIME PRIOR TO 9:30.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Well. until the chosen decide to share their good fortune, others will wait anxiously.
    SOLD OUT WAS ADDED TO FB PAGE SOMETIME PRIOR TO 9:30.
    Yeah nothing my way my man.. I had a few emails going. FINGERS CROSSED!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Good luck to those trying for Sarasota. I am fortunate enough to have tickets to Portland.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I looked back, and for the Reno event, I didn't receive my confirmation for almost 48 hours. Every event is different, but until they post on FB, or some other way that all confirmation emails have been sent out, I wouldn't start to fret yet.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I looked back, and for the Reno event, I didn't receive my confirmation for almost 48 hours. Every event is different, but until they post on FB, or some other way that all confirmation emails have been sent out, I wouldn't start to fret yet.
    I looked back at mine...and I got same day confirmation.....both on 04/13/17.

That said, they are sending out these emails one by one ( I assume) it could take some time.

On reflection, they should be able to send out a single email and BCC everyone.....as long as they have a master list of the emails come the day of the event, they will be good.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

It would be interesting to hear what time email #400 arrived. I'm guessing around 2:02z

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    It would be interesting to hear what time email #400 arrived. I'm guessing around 2:02z
    8:00:02AM Sarasota time.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Right. Forgot the time difference. It was at 2 here. But do you really think they got 400 mails in 2 seconds?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    Right. Forgot the time difference. It was at 2 here. But do you really think they got 400 mails in 2 seconds?
    No question. More in fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no way of knowing, but my opinion would be more along the lines of 30 seconds....I highly doubt 400 emails came through in two seconds.

Different places of different views on King....and in Maine and Sarasota.....he is not as big a deal as he is in other places.

Also, it was 5AM on the west coast...so most folks were sleeping...and 8am on the east coast....most folks driving in to work or just getting there.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Wow, good I wasn't hunting for a ticket at that event.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I looked back at mine...and I got same day confirmation.....both on 04/13/17.

That said, they are sending out these emails one by one ( I assume) it could take some time.

On reflection, they should be able to send out a single email and BCC everyone.....as long as they have a master list of the emails come the day of the event, they will be good.
    IT LENDS SOME COMFORT & CAN EASE SOME ANXIETY TO KNOW NOT TO EXPECT A QUICK CONFIRMATION.
    As it was I had a horribly restless night due to Power Outages during middle of night.. and did not know if would be able to even get online in morning.. power restored at 5:30 however had little confidence would stay on.
    Since I live close to Sarasota, it would be a drag not to get tickets.
    I copied myself on email so know I had message received at 8:00........ But do not know the seconds into 8:00 and will that be good enough?

Gunslinger Apprentice cryptkeeper has a spectacular aura about cryptkeeper has a spectacular aura about cryptkeeper's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The B&N Facebook page now says winners will be notified by Monday. Unfortunately, I received a phone call from some jackass right before 8 am and didn't get my email sent until 8:07. Congratulations to those of you who were on the ball and got lucky.
    “In every grain of wheat there lies hidden the soul of a star.”

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cryptkeeper View Post
    The B&N Facebook page now says winners will be notified by Monday. Unfortunately, I received a phone call from some jackass right before 8 am and didn't get my email sent until 8:07. Congratulations to those of you who were on the ball and got lucky.
    Would have had to decline that call, brother.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice cryptkeeper has a spectacular aura about cryptkeeper has a spectacular aura about cryptkeeper's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In my next life.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    “In every grain of wheat there lies hidden the soul of a star.”

Country
    Country Flag

Funny thought... many I talked to on Facebook didn't see the urgency and were sending their emails 830 or so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

totally forgot this was today.

and the good news is i was at work for the first time in a month. So i guess i'm not getting to see stephen king.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

All events on this tour now show as sold out on SK website.....except for Naperville.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

All events on this tour now show as sold out on SK website.....except for Naperville.
    Chicago finally did??? That took awhile.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Chicago finally did??? That took awhile.
    Naperville=Chicago....so no...Chicago still not sold out.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast