Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    Do we know the capasity of each venue? The New York one is 700 but I don't know the others...

Lilja
    From what I have seen suggested as potential capacities:

700 September 26th, 2017 New York City SOLD OUT
    900 September 27th, 2017 Annandale-on-Hudson, NY SOLD OUT
    700 September 28th, 2017 Newton Centre, MA SOLD OUT
    2000+ September 29th, 2017 Naperville, IL Details & Tickets
    2400 September 30th, 2017 Milwaukee, WI SOLD OUT
    1200 October 1st, 2017 St. Louis, MO SOLD OUT
    1100 October 2nd, 2017 Missoula, MT Details & Tickets
    .. ? .. October 3rd, 2017 Portland, OR
    .. ? .. October 5th, 2017 Toronto, ON, Canada
    .. ? .. October 6th, 2017 Sarasota, FL
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Thanks!

Lilja

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

If you don't like your chances of getting a signed book at one of the events, you can always just order a copy signed by Owen.

http://www.oblongbooks.com/OwenKing

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    If you don't like your chances of getting a signed book at one if the events, you can always just order a copy signed by Owen.

http://www.oblongbooks.com/OwenKing
    Just like his brother... sign everything! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have seen a site that is taking orders for uk first signed by Owen too. I'll see if I can find the link and add it here too.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Owen King "It looks like I will be doing a pair of events in England in November - I'll post something when the plans come together. It'll just be this half of the Sleeping Beauties braintrust, though."

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    I have seen a site that is taking orders for uk first signed by Owen too. I'll see if I can find the link and add it here too.
    VJ Books has them:
    https://www.vjbooks.com/sleeping-bea.../kinslee05.htm
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thats the one. Thanks.

Hopefully uk is birmimgham!!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

OCTOBER 5TH, 2017
    SIMON & SCHUSTER CANADA AND INDIGO - TORONTO, ON

Simon & Schuster Canada and Indigo
    Simon & Schuster Canada and Indigo have announced that on Friday, August 4, tickets will go on sale to see internationally bestselling author Stephen King and fellow author, and son, Owen King discuss Sleeping Beauties (published by Scribner on September 26, 2017). This marks their first ever joint-appearance in Canada. The event will be in Toronto on Thursday, October 5, at Koerner Hall, at the TELUS Centre for Performance and Learning where over 950 people will have a chance to hear the authors speak about their wildly provocative and gloriously absorbing father-son collaboration novel.

This exciting evening will commence at 7:00pm and each ticket will guarantee entry to the author talk as well as one hardcover copy of Sleeping Beauties. There will not be a public signing or author meet-and-greet, however, 400 of the distributed copies of Sleeping Beauties will be pre-signed by both authors and randomly distributed to attendees upon exiting the event.

Tickets can be purchased beginning Friday, August 4, 2017, at 10:00am EST online at http://performance.rcmusic.ca/tickets/seats/50601, by phone at (416)-408-0208, or in person at the TELUS Centre for Performance and Learning at 273 Bloor Street West, Toronto. Ticket prices are $50.00 CDN, and include one (1) copy of the book (retail value $39.99), including all taxes and service fees. Tickets will be assigned seating and will be limited to four per person.

For more information about the event guidelines, please visit Indigo.ca/events.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

YES! Thank you.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man I will be by that phone quick like!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

When for god's sake is Portland going to be annouced? First-world problem and all that, but I am getting weary of checking it daily to see if the venue is announced and tickets available. Sure wonder why there seems to be a holdup for that particular stop.

Country
    Country Flag

Question all... if I buy 4 tickets... and only me and my wife go... do I get 4 books? I wonder if you could say it is for the kids... maybe someone here can help with some advice?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Question all... if I buy 4 tickets... and only me and my wife go... do I get 4 books? I wonder if you could say it is for the kids... maybe someone here can help with some advice?
    The answer is...

it depends.

Some venues will require: one ticket, one person, one book.

Some might give you four books if you have four tickets.

The books are available at the end of the event.

If you need a person to pick up the book for you then you must employ a "mule." If you do so, be careful. A "mule" is capable of running.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    Do we know the capasity of each venue? The New York one is 700 but I don't know the others...

Lilja
    700 September 26th, 2017 New York City SOLD OUT
    900 September 27th, 2017 Annandale-on-Hudson, NY SOLD OUT
    700 September 28th, 2017 Newton Centre, MA SOLD OUT
    2000+ September 29th, 2017 Naperville, IL Details & Tickets
    2400 September 30th, 2017 Milwaukee, WI SOLD OUT
    1200 October 1st, 2017 St. Louis, MO SOLD OUT
    1100 October 2nd, 2017 Missoula, MT Details & Tickets
    .. ? .. October 3rd, 2017 Portland, OR
    950+ October 5th, 2017 Toronto, ON, Canada
    .. ? .. October 6th, 2017 Sarasota, FL[/QUOTE]

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

October 5th, 2017
    Simon & Schuster Canada and Indigo - Toronto, ON

Tickets can be purchased beginning Friday, August 4, 2017, at 10:00am EST online at http://performance.rcmusic.ca/tickets/seats/50601, by phone at (416)-408-0208, or in person at the TELUS Centre for Performance and Learning at 273 Bloor Street West, Toronto. Ticket prices are $50.00 CDN, and include one (1) copy of the book (retail value $39.99), including all taxes and service fees. Tickets will be assigned seating and will be limited to four per person.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Tickets to the Toronto event bought, it's like a 10 minute drive from where I live. Looking forward to it!

Country
    Country Flag

Damm.. got my Toronto tickets. AT THE OPEN. Phones jammed... and not taking calls a message says. The best seats I could get were floor in row R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was RIGHT at 10 too! Will be sold out in minutes...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Tickets to the Toronto event bought, it's like a 10 minute drive from where I live. Looking forward to it!
    What seats you get Tony?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Damm.. got my Toronto tickets. AT THE OPEN. Phones jammed... and not taking calls a message says. The best seats I could get were floor in row R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was RIGHT at 10 too! Will be sold out in minutes...
    If the "select your seat" interactive seat selector is accurate, there are only about 50 upper balcony seats left.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

What seats you get Tony?
    I got on the orchestra level. Looks like only 5 or so seats at the very top and back are now available. Whereabouts are you?

Country
    Country Flag

What seats you get Tony?
    I got BB20 and BB21 on orchestra level. Looks like only 5 or so seats at the very top and back are now available. Whereabouts are you?
    Man, I was FAST and I got R.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I talked to the girl and she told me that if you have a ticket... you get a book. 4 per person. I have 4. I had to buy two random seats... but got two together for the wife. I hope 4 books at least half are signed!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I talked to the girl and she told me that if you have a ticket... you get a book. 4 per person. I have 4. I had to buy two random seats... but got two together for the wife. I hope 4 books at least half are signed!
    That's good to know. Turns out that my brother was on at the same time and he also picked up two tickets, so even though it's only two of us going we now have 4 tickets.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That's good to know. Turns out that my brother was on at the same time and he also picked up two tickets, so even though it's only two of us going we now have 4 tickets.
    You know, I usually keep my mouth shut and don't try to stir up controversy, but these type of shenanigans really irk me. So you are going to deprive two people the opportunity to see SK and OK so you can double your chance at an autographed book? I can tolerate mules, if they are someone who is mildly interested in the event, but to be your own mule and to leave seats without butts in them seems selfish to me. I even have less issues with scalpers as at least the seats will be filled by someone who wants to be there.

If tickets have been on sale for several days, then that would be OK, since everyone had a reasonable chance to get a ticket. If it doesn't sell out then I would have no issue with this.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast