Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Stephen and Owen did reveal that Stephen has a new book in the can and ready to be released in June called The(?) Outsider(s?). Sorry my memory is bad. He said it was about some southwest gentleman committing some murders. He didn't want to say too much because even that much info was a spoiler. Maybe one of the others at the event remember the details better.
    That all sounds right. I thought he also said it was a character we would recognize, which was why he didn't want to reveal too much.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

King has mentioned Charles Starkweather a few times. I wonder if the new book is based on someone like him?

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    King has mentioned Charles Starkweather a few times. I wonder if the new book is based on someone like him?
    well... he does that often... there's that old story about him collecting press articles about Starkweather when he was kid
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Struck out on both books tonight in Milwaukee.
    Good show with a lot of audience questions, except for the guy who wasted it trying to get King to sign his Carrie 1st/1st.

I saw more green ink signatures tonight. Owen also told a story about them signing books a couple nights ago. Stephen refused to use a black ink pen because, "black is death."
    Hi Kyle, how did you manage to get both books. In the line I went through they just gave 1 book to each person as they passed and didn't ask for any ticket. I was wondering if you would be able to get your second book. Did they do it different based on which side you went on?

It was good to see you at the Safehouse.

Stephen and Owen did reveal that Stephen has a new book in the can and ready to be released in June called The(?) Outsider(s?). Sorry my memory is bad. He said it was about some southwest gentleman committing some murders. He didn't want to say too much because even that much info was a spoiler. Maybe one of the others at the event remember the details better.

Mike
    I just made sure that I had both of my tickets out when I got up to the staff handing out the books. They sent me further on to have someone else verify that they were actually two different tickets and not just a photocopy of one.

The Safehouse is always an interesting experience. It was great talking King and book collecting with you.
    Mark Twain

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Struck out on both books tonight in Milwaukee.
    Good show with a lot of audience questions, except for the guy who wasted it trying to get King to sign his Carrie 1st/1st.

I saw more green ink signatures tonight. Owen also told a story about them signing books a couple nights ago. Stephen refused to use a black ink pen because, "black is death."
    Wish we could've met up! We scored 1 signed of 4 books, and yes - Owen's was green! Was a fun time, and I really enjoyed the dynamic between father and son. They seemed like they were having fun, too, and I agree about the guy who tried to get SK to sign his Carrie. Pretty lame, IMO.

He also mentioned "The Outsider" coming in 2018!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Congrats Gretchen!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Brian! Too bad we never got a chance to connect!

Love this pic . . .

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

Great event ! Well organized. They were in good mood and took A lot of questions from the audience
    Unfortunately didn’t had the chance to attend the meetup
    Got one signed out of 4.... but special!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Great event ! Well organized. They were in good mood and took A lot of questions from the audience
    Unfortunately didn’t had the chance to attend the meetup
    Got one signed out of 4.... but special!

Join the club. I think you are the 3rd member to get one, but the first with a caption!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Shac. Very lucky. Congrats.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Of the folks there that I knew, Shaq was the only one to get one, though I don't know if LotGuy did. It was great to meet Marlie & her mom, JCManske and was surprised that both LotGuy and RoseanneBarr were there. I wasn't aware beforehand that they were coming. It was great to meet them both and talk to them for a few minutes in line.

I'll be looking for a signed copy of SB in a year or so when the price goes down like it usually does with a book tour offering. I guess that I'll be leaving my unsigned copy (with a creased DJ any way) with the couple that I'm Couchsurfing with. It's my first time staying with a stranger arranged through couchsurfing.com. It's kinda like AirBNB except it is free. It's a very cool idea. Took a leap of faith and found that they're very nice and went out of their way to make me feel at home.

Country
    Country Flag

Love the li'l moth! <3

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    well... he does that often... there's that old story about him collecting press articles about Starkweather when he was kid

Well, I thought that the idea about THE TALISMAN 3 was supposed to be about Charles Starkweather... would that mean that maybe....?
    Any idea of what was the context in which he was talking about Starkweather?

Random thought : during the movie IT, at some point Mike said that he was an outsider. At that moment I wondered if somehow the book would be related to Mike, but that would seem a bit odd.

From Liljas :
    >>> http://www.liljas-library.com/articl...d=5847&ref=rss

Kind of sounds like that it may be THE TALISMAN 3 book?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Well, I thought that the idea about THE TALISMAN 3 was supposed to be about Charles Starkweather... would that mean that maybe....?

Random thought : during the movie IT, at some point Mike said that he was an outsider. At that moment I wondered if somehow the book would be related to Mike, but that would seem a bit odd.

From Liljas :

I REALLY want to read T3 but i don't think so...

As I said - King told the story about Starkweather in the past - it's nothing new. For example during the End of Watch Book Tour in Omaha:

“I’ve had this thing about Nebraska since I was 10 years old in 1957. ... I mean it looks like a pretty small thing compared to some of the carnage that we’ve seen just this week, but there was a young man named Charles Starkweather. ... I started to follow that story. ... I cut the stories out of the newspaper. ... And my mother found this collection of clippings, and she kind of — this was before the days of child psychiatrists — she was kind of like, ‘Steve, this doesn’t strike me as entirely normal.’ ”
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can someone tell the story of the Carrie guy? Who tried to get it signed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

It was during the audience Q&A... the very first guy in line talked about a story where Stephen's very first signing apparently only had three people in line. He then asked King if he wanted to improve the numbers by having him sign his 1st edition Carrie. King obviously said no. If he signed for one person, he'd get mobbed by many more. The guy took it in stride, thanked King, and moved on to his seat.

Overall, the Q&A was weak. The next person in line started by saying "Hi Mister King, my name is Annie Wilkes". King gave a polite laugh, but could tell already that she was a crackpot. The best question though had to do with superstitions. SK was talking about a few he has including what was said up above, about not signing books in black pen, because "black is the color of death". Owen looked at him, and just says "You're so fucking weird!". The crowd loved it!!

Traveler Marlie is on a distinguished road Marlie's Avatar

The event in St. Louis was so great yesterday! Like TCCBodhi said, we were able to meet up with him and JCManske before hand, and the brewery was in a gem of an area of St. Charles that I've never been to before. Great food and some invaluable advice for my first trip to Paris next year (thanks guys!). The King event was really amazing; my mom and I went early and snagged a good spot in what turned into a giant long line, so we got really great seats inside the auditorium. Stephen and Owen play off each other so well, like only family really can. There were some good audience questions; nothing really cringey. It was like just the perfect length of time, then we herded out according to wristband color and got our books. Neither of us received signed ones, but that was ok, as the whole experience was about seeing Stephen for my mom and I, so we left totally thrilled about the day. I'm so glad that I was able to attend something so unique!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

It was during the audience Q&A... the very first guy in line talked about a story where Stephen's very first signing apparently only had three people in line. He then asked King if he wanted to improve the numbers by having him sign his 1st edition Carrie. King obviously said no. If he signed for one person, he'd get mobbed by many more. The guy took it in stride, thanked King, and moved on to his seat.

Overall, the Q&A was weak. The next person in line started by saying "Hi Mister King, my name is Annie Wilkes". King gave a polite laugh, but could tell already that she was a crackpot. The best question though had to do with superstitions. SK was talking about a few he has including what was said up above, about not signing books in black pen, because "black is the color of death". Owen looked at him, and just says "You're so fucking weird!". The crowd loved it!!
    haha thanks! Thats Awesome. It would have been cool if he did sign it though...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Haha love it

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The best question though had to do with superstitions. SK was talking about a few he has including what was said up above, about not signing books in black pen, because "black is the color of death". Owen looked at him, and just says "You're so fucking weird!". The crowd loved it!!
    That's great.

I always wondered why he seems to prefer blue.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    The best question though had to do with superstitions. SK was talking about a few he has including what was said up above, about not signing books in black pen, because "black is the color of death". Owen looked at him, and just says "You're so fucking weird!". The crowd loved it!!
    That's great.

I always wondered why he seems to prefer blue.
    That is good to know bc I hate blue ink and it's sort of a superstition of mine.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

From Liljas :

I REALLY want to read T3 but i don't think so...

As I said - King told the story about Starkweather in the past - it's nothing new. For example during the End of Watch Book Tour in Omaha:

“I’ve had this thing about Nebraska since I was 10 years old in 1957. ... I mean it looks like a pretty small thing compared to some of the carnage that we’ve seen just this week, but there was a young man named Charles Starkweather. ... I started to follow that story. ... I cut the stories out of the newspaper. ... And my mother found this collection of clippings, and she kind of — this was before the days of child psychiatrists — she was kind of like, ‘Steve, this doesn’t strike me as entirely normal.’ ”

Yes, but if Liljas news is right, it sort of seem that THE OUTSIDER will be about Charles Starkweather, therefore, it could be T3 since it was said in the past that the book would likely be related to him
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Of the folks there that I knew, Shaq was the only one to get one, though I don't know if LotGuy did. It was great to meet Marlie & her mom, JCManske and was surprised that both LotGuy and RoseanneBarr were there. I wasn't aware beforehand that they were coming. It was great to meet them both and talk to them for a few minutes in line.

I'll be looking for a signed copy of SB in a year or so when the price goes down like it usually does with a book tour offering. I guess that I'll be leaving my unsigned copy (with a creased DJ any way) with the couple that I'm Couchsurfing with. It's my first time staying with a stranger arranged through couchsurfing.com. It's kinda like AirBNB except it is free. It's a very cool idea. Took a leap of faith and found that they're very nice and went out of their way to make me feel at home.

Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself! Enjoyed passing the time with you! You are even nicer in person! Review of event later.

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Default St. Louis Event

This was the first time seeing Mr. King! Discussed the game plan prior to leaving for the event. Because we were driving from Georgia (9 hours), we decided to try to get as close to the front as we could. We were very lucky. We arrived around 12:30 pm and were shocked to see only a dozen or so people in line. So, we got into line and waited, for 5 1/2 hours

It was so worth it! We were able to get front row center. I was sitting directly in front of Stephen. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but couldn't have been happier. The banter between Stephen and Owen was very entertaining. Many times I glanced over at my wife and two kids and they were laughing their asses off. The best line for me was when Stephen asked the crowd, "Hey, did you see that IT movie? ...That's some F**ked up S**t, isn't it!!!" I loved it.

It was so worth the long time spent in the car. And, yes, we drove home last night. The kids had school today
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast