Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I started at exactly 10:00. I was put in the
    "virtual waiting room".

After 5 minutes, it dumped me.

Oh well.

Saved $900 that it would have cost to fly there and spend a few nights.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    Tickets are sold out!!! Within minutes. My friend tried exactly the same time I did and she couldn't get any.
    I got in right as they went on sale and got 10th row.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Bought 4 tickets for Portland....second row!
    Wow -- congrats, Jonathan! I got in right when they opened up and got a seat in the first balcony, first row. If anyone in your party loves heights, let them know I'll be glad to trade for their second row seat!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe people will "FLIP" some!

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    There is already one site selling for up to $640 for a front row seat...mine is the second row. Crazy that they are allowed to do this.
    ~Jonathan

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

There is already one site selling for up to $640 for a front row seat...mine is the second row. Crazy that they are allowed to do this.
    and appears they have at least 50 seats at various prices in varied sections for sale.

ALSO Have tickets for four other venues.
    Last edited by EXPLORER; 08-14-2017 at 11:54 AM. Reason: adding more details
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully.

Right now a broker has quite a few tickets. People will buy them, or if not, and as the event date approaches, the prices will go down.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quite a cluster, but I managed to skate away with two 1st Balcony tickets for the wife and I! She was trying for tickets as well, but got caught in the same abyss Randall Flagg (and others) were in. I don't know if it's that I only requested two tickets or what, but I got in after Jeanne, yet she got kicked out of the queue.

I hate seeing all the scalping going on.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I struck out as well... oh well, that's the way it goes.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    and appears they have at least 50 seats at various prices in varied sections for sale.

ALSO Have tickets for four other venues.
    Some enterprising person(s) wrote a "bot" program to literally hit the ticket seller's site 1,000's of times in the first 1/10th of a second and tie up tickets. Good for them.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Hopefully.

Right now a broker has quite a few tickets. People will buy them, or if not, and as the event date approaches, the prices will go down.
    and if they do not sell....... It makes odds of getting a signed book better for those who go
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I was in a meeting on Monday at 10 am when the tix for Portland went on sale, so I didn't even try. Congrats to those of you who made it through and secured tickets!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

Sarasota listed and is the only "guaranteed" ticket for autographed book on the tour.

"OCTOBER 6TH, 2017
    BARNES & NOBLE - SARASOTA, FL

Barnes & Noble
    Barnes and Noble Sarasota is proud to host an evening with Stephen King and Owen King, co-authors of Sleeping Beauties: A Novel.

The event takes place at the Selby Public Library (1331 First Street), in downtown Sarasota, FL on Friday, October 6th, 2017 from 6:30pm – 7:30pm.

Price of admission is 1 copy of Sleeping Beauties: A Novel, ($32.50 tax)

Stephen and Owen King will discuss their new novel followed by a Q&A with the audience.

Important Ticketing and Event Guidelines:

Due to capacity limits, each person is allowed to purchase a maximum of one (1) book and wristband. Only one minor may accompany wristband holder.

Reservations for the event can be made via email at CRM2737@bn.com beginning August 25th, 2017 no earlier than 8am (EDT). No phone calls. No exceptions.

Hard copy of reservation must be presented on 10/6/2017 at Barnes and Noble in order to purchase book and obtain wristband for entrance to event at Selby Library. No exceptions.

400 Seats are first come, first served for all wristband holders.

Please note that there will be no author signing at this event. Customers will receive a signed copy of Sleeping Beauties, at the event’s conclusion.

Photographs will not be allowed during the presentation, no flash is permitted.

Doors will open at 5:00 pm. Event begins at 6:30 pm."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This will be hard to get into. I am nervous... Any other members going to this one?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    This will be hard to get into. I am nervous... Any other members going to this one?
    Likely will try.

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

I'm going to try for two tickets.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am going to try as well. We have already booked flights and have hotels booked. My wife and I are each after one. I wish all the guys the best of luck... I fear this will be a hard one....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan565 View Post
    Sarasota listed and is the only "guaranteed" ticket for autographed book on the tour.

"OCTOBER 6TH, 2017
    BARNES & NOBLE - SARASOTA, FL

Barnes & Noble
    Barnes and Noble Sarasota is proud to host an evening with Stephen King and Owen King, co-authors of Sleeping Beauties: A Novel.

The event takes place at the Selby Public Library (1331 First Street), in downtown Sarasota, FL on Friday, October 6th, 2017 from 6:30pm – 7:30pm.

Price of admission is 1 copy of Sleeping Beauties: A Novel, ($32.50 tax)

Stephen and Owen King will discuss their new novel followed by a Q&A with the audience.

Important Ticketing and Event Guidelines:

Due to capacity limits, each person is allowed to purchase a maximum of one (1) book and wristband. Only one minor may accompany wristband holder.

Reservations for the event can be made via email at CRM2737@bn.com beginning August 25th, 2017 no earlier than 8am (EDT). No phone calls. No exceptions.

Hard copy of reservation must be presented on 10/6/2017 at Barnes and Noble in order to purchase book and obtain wristband for entrance to event at Selby Library. No exceptions.

400 Seats are first come, first served for all wristband holders.

Please note that there will be no author signing at this event. Customers will receive a signed copy of Sleeping Beauties, at the event’s conclusion.

Photographs will not be allowed during the presentation, no flash is permitted.

Doors will open at 5:00 pm. Event begins at 6:30 pm."
    This is going to be very interesting.

I just got off the phone with a very nice worker at B&N in Sarasota. He said that any emails sent prior to 8am EST will be deleted. Also, and this is the strange part, each email is only allowed to request one ticket. So, it you want four tickets you will need to have four different email addresses and send four different requests and hope you get in. He said any duplicate email addresses will be deleted.

Seems very unlikely any more than maybe two will be able to go together, if that.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

this is exactly like the Reno event last summer - i had email ready to go and as soon as 0800 hit i sent it off. I had my wife's iPad (with her email) and my iPad and iPhone - all with separate email addresses. My phone glitched and the email was sent around 0801. Needless to say that was the only one that I did not get a ticket for. I was able to get 2 tickets and bring our minor too. This was also a B&N event - so it seems like they run it the same - even the email address was similar. But we were all guaranteed a signed copy.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Country
    Country Flag

Well waiting game now... Man I hope I get tickets!!!!!!!!! Good luck everyone else as well
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Just curious. Are the ticket personal? If so it'll be hard for a couple to get ticket if not both of them are lucky enough to be fast...

Lilja

Well waiting game now... Man I hope I get tickets!!!!!!!!! Good luck everyone else as well
    I wonder how long it will take to find out if we got a ticket? And will they email if we didn't get one? I doubt it.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by C1TIZEN_X View Post
    I wonder how long it will take to find out if we got a ticket? And will they email if we didn't get one? I doubt it.
    I am sure you will hear either way. I heard it was the following day for the Reno event... but maybe someone can chime in?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It took a bit more than following day for Reno (as I recall) - they had a huge number of requests. Also they updated on their Facebook page - so you might want to check there too. Basically I think it took about 2 days - after that they said if you had not heard, you did not get, and don't bother trying to call us (please).
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by C1TIZEN_X View Post
    I am sure you will hear either way. I heard it was the following day for the Reno event... but maybe someone can chime in?
    Sorry missed last part - we only heard if you got a ticket, if you did not we did not hear back - too many requests to send out sorry emails. So doubt you'll hear back if you're unlucky - kinda what I just mentioned above
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast