Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    I would so love to go and meet up with you all. It sounds like you have a wonderful time when you meet. But living in Sweden that would be way to expencive...unless I win the lottery or some rich person sends me a plane ticket :-)

Lilja
    My thoughts exactly

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep. Think we Europeans had our last chance in Paris 13.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yep (and I didn't go even though Paris is only a couple of hours away by car...)

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I went, actually I was ALLOWED to go as my daughter was due a couple of weeks later. Thank goodness she waited

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not too happy about the size of the venue in Milwaukee. 2,400 would make it tough to get a signed copy. But... the theater has one guest entrance, and then the stage door around the corner. No other main doors. So, I will likely be camped outside the door that afternoon when they come in to sign the 400 copies.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    SO get this... If I were to book a flight from Halifax (about where I live) to Sarasota... I have a 24hr layover in Toronto. SO.. for NO extra money... I can go to both signings. Wife is all about it cause she gets a few days down south... I get two signings... What would you guys do?
    Definitely do it! So you're thinking it will be a signing? My money is on the presigned lottery.
    I think the large venues will be presigned.. BUT smaller ones... who knows?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not too happy about the size of the venue in Milwaukee. 2,400 would make it tough to get a signed copy. But... the theater has one guest entrance, and then the stage door around the corner. No other main doors. So, I will likely be camped outside the door that afternoon when they come in to sign the 400 copies.
    Where do you see info on venues?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Where do you see info on venues?
    They aren't listed yet. Milwaukee really only has one major independent bookstore, so I called them and had a really good conversation with the manager. He mentioned the venue, but wouldn't say anything about the signing format.

EDIT: I just heard back from the bookstore that there will not be a formal signing.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I'm shooting for the Portland date.

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

I'm sorry for the probably obvious question, but I have never attended a book tour event before and I am beyond excited to even think I may have a chance to meet my favorite author of all time.

When "presigned" is mentioned, does that mean I would apply for a ticket via lottery drawing? If I were to get a ticket that gives me the right to purchase a signed copy of Sleeping Beauties at the event, correct? If so, any idea of the price of the book?

If the event is not a presigned event, would it still be a "ticket by lottery drawing"? If that is the case is there a guarantee that I would get a book signed if I were to get a ticket, or is the ticket only for the event and there's a chance I may get a book that I bring with me signed?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

You buy a ticket to an event.

With that ticket comes a book at the end of the night.

Maybe it is signed, maybe it is not.

Typically King signs 400 books per event.

The chances of getting a different book signed are slim and none.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    You buy a ticket to an event.

With that ticket comes a book at the end of the night.

Maybe it is signed, maybe it is not.

Typically King signs 400 books per event.

The chances of getting a different book signed are slim and none.
    LOL "slim and none". That seems to be so true with these events.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jnbball View Post
    I'm sorry for the probably obvious question, but I have never attended a book tour event before and I am beyond excited to even think I may have a chance to meet my favorite author of all time.

When "presigned" is mentioned, does that mean I would apply for a ticket via lottery drawing? If I were to get a ticket that gives me the right to purchase a signed copy of Sleeping Beauties at the event, correct? If so, any idea of the price of the book?

If the event is not a presigned event, would it still be a "ticket by lottery drawing"? If that is the case is there a guarantee that I would get a book signed if I were to get a ticket, or is the ticket only for the event and there's a chance I may get a book that I bring with me signed?
    At the prior SK events, there were 400 copies of Doctor Sleep or Revival that were signed prior to the night he spoke. Then, once he was done and people would leave the venue, they would exchange their ticket for a book. Maybe it's signed, maybe not. Either way, you get a book, but only a certain number are signed copies.

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

At the prior SK events, there were 400 copies of Doctor Sleep or Revival that were signed prior to the night he spoke. Then, once he was done and people would leave the venue, they would exchange their ticket for a book. Maybe it's signed, maybe not. Either way, you get a book, but only a certain number are signed copies.
    OK, so it's a crap shoot even if you get a ticket. I'm still going to try to go to at least one of the events. Thanks for the info.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, so it's a crap shoot even if you get a ticket. I'm still going to try to go to at least one of the events. Thanks for the info.
    It's well worth it if you've never seen him speak in person before. It makes for a very fun hour.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

There are some tips and tricks though. Becca might be able to help you out She posted a tip last tour and it helped me snag a signed copy.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

And if tips a tricks get posted HERE...... THERE CAN BE A CHANCE STORES WILL READ OR HEAR OF THEM AND SET ABOUT WAYS TO PREVENT THOSE OPTIONS. It has happened

Keep that in mind
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post

There are some tips and tricks though. Becca might be able to help you out She posted a tip last tour and it helped me snag a signed copy.
    How do I go about contacting this Becca you speak of I dont' know anyone on here, yet!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    I would so love to go and meet up with you all. It sounds like you have a wonderful time when you meet. But living in Sweden that would be way to expencive...unless I win the lottery or some rich person sends me a plane ticket :-)

Lilja
    +1
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

As some others may attest to, a lot also depends on who the person is that is responsible for actually getting the signed copies into the flow. The Orono event proved that they don't always pick the best person for the job.....

On a side note, the "Boston Area" could cover a large chunk of northern New England. Anyone up for a return to Bridgton?
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    As some others may attest to, a lot also depends on who the person is that is responsible for actually getting the signed copies into the flow. The Orono event proved that they don't always pick the best person for the job.....

On a side note, the "Boston Area" could cover a large chunk of northern New England. Anyone up for a return to Bridgton?
    Boston area, implies Massachusetts.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post

Boston area, implies Massachusetts.
    Yeah I would assume that as well. Don't want to do that drive again - Boston to Bridgton was a killer.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Yeah, I agree that Mass is implied. Just being a little sarcastic as Bridgton is a 30 min drive for me... as it is now I try to take the train anytime I go to Boston. As long as the subway gets me close to whatever venue I'm going to, it's a lot easier and cheaper!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

How do I go about contacting this Becca you speak of I dont' know anyone on here, yet!!
    Send her a private Message.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Send her a private Message.
    Thanks. I found the member list and sent her a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast