Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow!!'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Along the Path of the Beam Starkraven7 is on a distinguished road Starkraven7's Avatar

Hi! I plan to see you at Patrick's (just 1). Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Am at event in Toronto and wearing my Insomnia tour shirt. Way cooler than that church in Brooklyn!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One thing that surprised me is that Owen is as tall as his dad! For some reason I'd pictured him a bit shorter . . .

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C1TIZEN_X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Reservations for 12+ are made starting at 2pm Friday. Since I doubt everyone will be there at the same time, I reserved a high-top table right in the front of the place.

Patrick's 1481

Map:
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Selb...7!2d27.3367146
    We can probably just park at the library and walk to Patrick's, can't we? Or is there adequate parking available?
    Patrick's is about 350 ~ 400 steps to Selby Library. Wife and I checked it out yesterday.
    Patrick's is located at 1481 Main St.
    Jerome selected a good place to meet as Patrick's is considered an "Institution" in Sarasota.(quoting our AirBNB hosts).
    There is limited parking at or by Library, however there is a parking garage nearby on N Palm Ave between Main St. & Cocoanut Ave
    PARKING GARAGE is usually free and ALLOWS 4 hour parking on levels 3 through 6. Levels 1 and 2 is 2 hour parking.

There are also some Large Golf cart type vehicles that transport you around town just for tips (no fee) You can try to flag down these I-Ride vehicles or call them at 941-444-2585
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Phalucha View Post
    Am at event in Toronto and wearing my Insomnia tour shirt. Way cooler than that church in Brooklyn!
    Hahaha I just seen you!!!!

Did you not love the Dark Tower ROSE connection.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Portland was one of the best King events I have been too.

Good reading, dialogue was good, and the Kings were able to weed out the dumb audience questions.

Half our books were signed, so that is in line with the odds.

Alas.......no moth doodles.
    I have one complaint....some knucklehead on the left balcony thought it would be ok to bring an infant to the event.

What is wrong with people?

Hope Toronto was a good time guys!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Portland was one of the best King events I have been too.

Good reading, dialogue was good, and the Kings were able to weed out the dumb audience questions.

Half our books were signed, so that is in line with the odds.

Alas.......no moth doodles.
    I have one complaint....some knucklehead on the left balcony thought it would be ok to bring an infant to the event.

What is wrong with people?

Hope Toronto was a good time guys!
    He had two tickets and needed the baby to get the extra book...
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW, that is a very cool house/studio !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Toronto event was terrific - they were both in great humour, relaxed and have their “act” down as Owen joked. Quiz was on Firestarter and King was 3 for 4. Was a good crowd of around 1500. I was with my wife and we ended up with another signed copy plus i have an inscribed copy which was nice to get (technically I don’t have yet as was signed offsite and will be shipped to me). Is first time I went to 2 events on same tour and I have to say that I now see attraction of doing this. So much more polished than opening night in Brooklyn.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

You should have said Hi!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

You should have said Hi!
    I didn't know it was you man. Just admired the t shirt on the way out. On the cab ride I seen your post... and then knew it was you! Haha

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Toronto event was terrific - they were both in great humour, relaxed and have their “act” down as Owen joked. Quiz was on Firestarter and King was 3 for 4. Was a good crowd of around 1500. I was with my wife and we ended up with another signed copy plus i have an inscribed copy which was nice to get (technically I don’t have yet as was signed offsite and will be shipped to me). Is first time I went to 2 events on same tour and I have to say that I now see attraction of doing this. So much more polished than opening night in Brooklyn.
    Wow, 1,500? I thought it would be like 900...

Lilja

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be there.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    Wow, 1,500? I thought it would be like 900...

Lilja
    I was told number was 1240
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Did anyone take a photo of King and Owen on stage?

Lilja

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    Did anyone take a photo of King and Owen on stage?

Lilja

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

That is awesome. I love the Dali museum in Sarasota. If you have time definitely check it out. Have a great time!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The magic wristband:

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The magic wristband:

That's really cool. Glad it worked out.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's already in the mid 80's here and >70% humidity, and there are people lined up in front of the library.

Kinda crazy to wait in this heat for over 6 hours, but to each his/her own.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That house/studio is amazing! I'd pay admission to view that lineup of art!

Country
    Country Flag

King said he is running out of clothes and the t-shirt he wore last night was given to him while in Colorado. He said it says something like “if you are dating someone and when you go their house there are no books...don’t fuck them!” Which a got a big laugh and applause.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

King said he is running out of clothes and the t-shirt he wore last night was given to him while in Colorado. He said it says something like “if you are dating someone and when you go their house there are no books...don’t fuck them!” Which a got a big laugh and applause.
    WHY NOT? At least you would know you'r collection was safe!

Country
    Country Flag

I loved the question asked about the DT books. A girl asked King if when he made the names Roland, Oy, Susannah and Eddie... he meant for their names to spell ROSE. King seemed very surprised and never thought of it before. It was funny. I was right in front of him second row and could see his facial expressions... he replied jokingly "of course". It was neat and every other question was stupid. One girl wanted to know how proud he was of the amazing show that was Under the Dome. King shut her down pretty quick. Lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast