Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

Traveler cymru3 is on a distinguished road

The MA signing is coming up fast! I received the email about questions today and I'm starting to get pretty excited.

Earlier in the thread, it was mentioned that there are a few people with tips on how to pick out a signed copy if they let you choose. Would anyone be willing to PM me those tips? It's going to be my first SK book signing so to get a signed book would really be the icing on the cake.

Cheers!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

A more accurate way to refer to the evening would be "author event".....as King will not be signing any books publicly.

I would not worry too much about tips....you will most likely be herded out a door like cattle and a book will be stuffed in your hand as you go....meaning you are not going to have much say in the matter most likely.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    A more accurate way to refer to the evening would be "author event".....as King will not be signing any books publicly.

I would not worry too much about tips....you will most likely be herded out a door like cattle and a book will be stuffed in your hand as you go....meaning you are not going to have much say in the matter most likely.
    This made me laugh out loud Rick...very accurate!

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    Is there someone who can confirm these numbers? And how come the event on the 29th haven't sold out yet?

700 September 26th, 2017 New York City - SOLD OUT
    900 September 27th, 2017 Annandale-on-Hudson, NY - SOLD OUT
    700 September 28th, 2017 Newton Centre, MA - SOLD OUT
    2000 September 29th, 2017 Naperville, IL Details & Tickets
    2400 September 30th, 2017 Milwaukee, WI - SOLD OUT
    1200 October 1st, 2017 St. Louis, MO - SOLD OUT
    1100 October 2nd, 2017 Missoula, MT - SOLD OUT
    .. ? .. October 3rd, 2017 Portland, OR - SOLD OUT
    950 October 5th, 2017 Toronto, ON, Canada - SOLD OUT
    400 October 6th, 2017 Sarasota - SOLD OUT

Lilja
    The Annandale-on-Hudson event is at the Fisher Center. My understanding from their webpage is that contains two separate theatres. The larger of which has a capacity of 800 seats. If so, that would enhance the odds of getting a signed book a bit over the combined capacity of both.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Don Maitz to attend Sarasota Get Together and King Event!

I just spoke with Don Maitz, and thanks to the very gracious help of a member here (they provided a ticket for him to the King event), Don has tenatively agreed to meet our group in Sarasota at our get together prior to the event, and also then go to the King event!

Don will give me 100% confirmation on Wednesday 10/4/2017.

This should be fun?

Spoiler:
    I told you I would have something(s) cool for the get together!

NOTE:
    This thread will be merged into the
    Sleeping Beauties Roll Call & Meetup Venues

thread in a few days.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and there will be a prize or two for attendees...

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

GOOD JOB JEROME.... Don always has great tales to share. KUDOs to the benefactor who provided ticket.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great news. I hope everyone has a wonderful time.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! I'd love to attend but it's impossible for me to fly this time.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome! I loved meeting Don during the Revival get together a few years ago. Have fun!!

Gunslinger Apprentice CaliMark is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Please Post any live streams of the tour!

Hey! If anyone comes across any live streams of the tour either official or not! Please Post all Facebook Live, Periscope etc. you find. And for all that get to goto one of the events have a great time, and hope you score a signed copy!

Mark

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I’m really hoping King keeps politics out of this tour and sticks to the writing side of things.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I’m really hoping King keeps politics out of this tour and sticks to the writing side of things.
    Good luck

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh I hope not. LOL I think his Trump bashing is comical. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    It gets old quick...

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

It gets old quick...
    I agree. It's like going to a concert... I pay to hear music, not their political rantings.

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    It gets old quick...
    I agree. It's like going to a concert... I pay to hear music, not their political rantings.
    Just like the NFL at the moment. I pay to watch football. Not political commentary.

Country
    Country Flag

It gets old quick...
    Just like the NFL at the moment. I pay to watch football. Not political commentary.
    That is true...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The key moment will come during the Star Spangled Banner.
    Has everyone figured out what they are going to do?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It gets old quick...
    Hearing about Trump's latest fuck-up certainly gets old. The solution being that he stop fucking up. I'm holding my breath.

I expect some bands to make political comments. It is surprising from bands that don't have political music though.

Sports fans have been paying for political commentary/propaganda for a while now.

There is no non-political reason to play the National Anthem, or to fly military fighter planes, etc., at a football game.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Along the Path of the Beam Starkraven7 is on a distinguished road Starkraven7's Avatar

Looking forward to the Sarasota event! Since the seats are unassigned, I'm thinking of getting there early. Anyone else? It's not like I'm actually going to be able to concentrate on working anyway!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    It gets old quick...
    Hearing about Trump's latest fuck-up certainly gets old. The solution being that he stop fucking up. I'm holding my breath.

I expect some bands to make political comments. It is surprising from bands that don't have political music though.

Sports fans have been paying for political commentary/propaganda for a while now.

There is no non-political reason to play the National Anthem, or to fly military fighter planes, etc., at a football game.
    Wow! Just wow! OK!

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So King is still using the line about the first thing that came to mind when he was pitched the idea about women disappearing is that there would be no one to fold laundry or clean toilets. Yikes. I even grimaced at that. The expression of the women recruited to be in the GMA audience behind him was priceless. Imagine if Trump had said that.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This thread is about the tour. Of course observations can happen, but let's try to keep this more about the tour itself, and less about political strutting.
    There are other threads for that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast