Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, the last stop on the tour (Sarasota) is underway.

Hope the finale is indeed a grand one!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I loved the question asked about the DT books. A girl asked King if when he made the names Roland, Oy, Susannah and Eddie... he meant for their names to spell ROSE. King seemed very surprised and never thought of it before. It was funny. I was right in front of him second row and could see his facial expressions... he replied jokingly "of course". It was neat and every other question was stupid. One girl wanted to know how proud he was of the amazing show that was Under the Dome. King shut her down pretty quick. Lol
    The ROSE tidbit is cool. I never thought of that either.

Also, please tell me the person who asked the UTD question was being sarcastic.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I loved the question asked about the DT books. A girl asked King if when he made the names Roland, Oy, Susannah and Eddie... he meant for their names to spell ROSE. King seemed very surprised and never thought of it before. It was funny. I was right in front of him second row and could see his facial expressions... he replied jokingly "of course". It was neat and every other question was stupid. One girl wanted to know how proud he was of the amazing show that was Under the Dome. King shut her down pretty quick. Lol

No she was serious. 100%. I also just asked in front of Sarasota if he would do one last Dark Tower book.... he said... YES. The house came down. It was a RUSH!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

At the Portland venue Stephen & Owen were allowed to choose the questions from the pile of cards that they wanted ti answer.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pics will have to wait until tomorrow, but it was an enjoyable day, night.
    Don Maitz sat in the seat in front of me and drew, painted the most incredible image of King.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Pics will have to wait until tomorrow, but it was an enjoyable day, night.
    Don Maitz sat in the seat in front of me and drew, painted the most incredible image of King.
    Pic?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

No she was serious. 100%. I also just asked in front of Sarasota if he would do one last Dark Tower book.... he said... YES. The house came down. It was a RUSH!!

Did you ask him about the DT book in Sarasota? That is very cool news!

Lilja

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm at airport, and don't have time to edit and resize a bunch of pics (and I'm saving the sketch Maitz did of King until last).
    I was in the back row (by choice), so the pic is not as good as it would be if I was closer, but the library had very good lighting.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

webstar1000 (Kris) was chosen to ask a question, and TTBOMR, he said:

"I'm a member of the website The Dark Tower .org, and every day we discuss the Dark Tower books. Are you going to grace us with another Dark Tower story?"

King waits a long second or so then answers emphatically: "YES".

Cue house applause, just shy of a standing ovation.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

TTBOMR??

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    TTBOMR??
    To the best of my recollection

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    TTBOMR??
    To the best of my recollection
    Ah, of course!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

webstar1000 (Kris) was chosen to ask a question, and TTBOMR, he said:

"I'm a member of the website The Dark Tower .org, and every day we discuss the Dark Tower books. Are you going to grace us with another Dark Tower story?"

King waits a long second or so then answers emphatically: "YES".

Cue house applause, just shy of a standing ovation.
    Cool!
    Now the question is... when
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    That is awesome. I love the Dali museum in Sarasota. If you have time definitely check it out. Have a great time!
    The Dali museum is well worth the visit. BTW, it's in St. Petersburg, which is relatively close to Sarasota.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The Sarasota event was a lot of fun! I met some new members and reconnected with some older members. (How's that for a double entendre?)

Don Maitz was as interesting as ever. He was gracious enough to sign and remarque books for us.

The Kings' interaction was quite smooth. They were humorous and told many stories that I had not heard. Sai King still was able to use some of his usual bits though.

Maitz "tattoo" on the arm of one of our newest members...

PennyGlen

Kings Hug

Kings Hug close-up

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Along the Path of the Beam Starkraven7 is on a distinguished road Starkraven7's Avatar

Had a fabulous time in Sarasota last night and loved meeting many of you! Big thank you again to Jerome for the awesome Don Maitz sketch. That was so kind of you. Sorry to miss the gathering and giveaway but I couldn't resist being in line for a front seat. So worth it too..felt like I was sitting with them on that stage!

Along the Path of the Beam Starkraven7 is on a distinguished road Starkraven7's Avatar

I am photo challenged....trying to master the art of getting them up here. Stand by...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Prior to the King(s) event, several of us got together to socialize. Don Maitz showed up to join us. Don brought several original pencil sketches and an A/P of a Suntup Desperation print.
    Don also was kind enough to do some original remarques/art in books members brought. Near the conclusion of festivities, just prior to heading over to the library, I conducted a drawing and gave away 5 or 6 cool items. Thanks to Don for coming, and for donating all of the sketches. Thanks to Don, and Paul from Suntup for donating the A/P print.

Some of the usual suspects

GOH Don Maitz

Don Maitz doing remarque

Prize winner Br!an

Prize winner Citizen-X

Grand Prize winner EXPLORER

Remarque on print

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice stuff!!!! I seen Don drawing the whole time King was on... would love to see what he did!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice stuff!!!! I seen Don drawing the whole time King was on... would love to see what he did!

Can't show you yet...

Anticipation makes you crazy.

Country
    Country Flag

Can't show you yet...

Anticipation makes you crazy.
    Does it ever

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King at podium:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok. I made you wait 15 minutes.

Maitz worked on several pieces as he was at the event. Here is one. Note he nailed how King looked that night, the t-shirt color is correct too.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stalker picture

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Stalker picture

Nice! Did you get a stalker signature too??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 LastLast