Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by asted2113 View Post
    I thought it was ridiculous from the start even if I had gotten tickets.
    Why not offer the people that live here a chance to purchase the tickets like every other stop on the tour.
    Some of us can't afford to travel out of state for a book signing so when the opportunity comes to see them in your home town and it's taken by those people it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
    Oh well. You win some you lose some.
    But glad you and your wife got tickets.
    It's very possible that King will do a signing in Sarasota in January like he often does.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not a book signing. It's a speech or two by SK and OK, followed up by a set of questions pre-picked. The questions are usually simple ones. In Reno, they actually passed a microphone around and SK answered (rather wittily) questions that weren't pre-screened. Maybe Sarasota will be similar.
    Then when people leave, they get a book that was presigned by SK and OK.

I like the first 400 emails better than what they did in Portland (producers took best 10% of seats and ****hub gets them to scalp).

Interestingly enough, it was easy to buy tickets to the Brooklyn event. One or more other events were fairly easy (I didn't try) based upon how long tickets were available.

No single way makes everyone happy.

If a person can't afford the travel, they can buy a signed book (probably for less than $300 when the dust settles), then watch the video of the event for free.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by asted2113 View Post
    I thought it was ridiculous from the start even if I had gotten tickets.
    Why not offer the people that live here a chance to purchase the tickets like every other stop on the tour.
    Some of us can't afford to travel out of state for a book signing so when the opportunity comes to see them in your home town and it's taken by those people it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
    Oh well. You win some you lose some.
    But glad you and your wife got tickets.
    At every other stop on this tour, there was no preference given to locals.

What would be the benefit to Barnes and Noble if they did this?

Hey....it sucks that you did not get tickets and you are a local....but, it also sucks that King never comes to California where I live.....consider yourself lucky that you live in a state that King has made at least four appearances in the last five years.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Just out of curiosity. Do we know why they did the email thing in Sarasota? Must have been more work than just letting people go to a website and buy the tickets like with the other stops.

Lilja

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Is there someone who can confirm these numbers? And how come the event on the 29th haven't sold out yet?

700 September 26th, 2017 New York City - SOLD OUT
    900 September 27th, 2017 Annandale-on-Hudson, NY - SOLD OUT
    700 September 28th, 2017 Newton Centre, MA - SOLD OUT
    2000 September 29th, 2017 Naperville, IL Details & Tickets
    2400 September 30th, 2017 Milwaukee, WI - SOLD OUT
    1200 October 1st, 2017 St. Louis, MO - SOLD OUT
    1100 October 2nd, 2017 Missoula, MT - SOLD OUT
    .. ? .. October 3rd, 2017 Portland, OR - SOLD OUT
    950 October 5th, 2017 Toronto, ON, Canada - SOLD OUT
    400 October 6th, 2017 Sarasota - SOLD OUT

Lilja

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    SEATING, NEWMARK 878,WITH PIT SEATS 922.
    PORTLAND SEATING.

Lou and I will talk about the upcoming Sleeping Beauties Tour in the next pod (recorded on September 10) and I wanted to ask if anyone have tips, do and don’ts or other good tips that can be useful when attending a King reading. Both Lou and I have been to readings and will go during the tour but I'm sure there are people here far more experienced than us that can give tips. Questions that I have already gotten is "how do I secure a signed copy?", "can I see what books are signed?" and "can I buy numerous tickets and get numerous of book and a bigger chance of getting a signed copy?"

If you want to share your knowledge and experience, please send them in a PM.

Lilja

Updated (thanks needfulthings)

700 September 26th, 2017 New York City - SOLD OUT
    900 September 27th, 2017 Annandale-on-Hudson, NY - SOLD OUT
    700 September 28th, 2017 Newton Centre, MA - SOLD OUT
    2000 September 29th, 2017 Naperville, IL Details & Tickets
    2400 September 30th, 2017 Milwaukee, WI - SOLD OUT
    1200 October 1st, 2017 St. Louis, MO - SOLD OUT
    1100 October 2nd, 2017 Missoula, MT - SOLD OUT
    922 October 3rd, 2017 Portland, OR - SOLD OUT
    950 October 5th, 2017 Toronto, ON, Canada - SOLD OUT
    400 October 6th, 2017 Sarasota - SOLD OUT

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    Just out of curiosity. Do we know why they did the email thing in Sarasota? Must have been more work than just letting people go to a website and buy the tickets like with the other stops.

Lilja
    Seems to be the way Barnes and Noble has done it at least twice now. It's not terrible difficult for one person (the Customer Service Representative for the Sarasota store) to handle. They create a simple spreadsheet (or borrow the template form from the Reno B&N store), enter the 400 emails that are first received, respond to the emails. Probably just a few hours work for a person that gets paid by the hour.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Lilja
    Seems to be the way Barnes and Noble has done it at least twice now. It's not terrible difficult for one person (the Customer Service Representative for the Sarasota store) to handle. They create a simple spreadsheet (or borrow the template form from the Reno B&N store), enter the 400 emails that are first received, respond to the emails. Probably just a few hours work for a person that gets paid by the hour.
    Which saves the expense of a 3rd party ticket vendor like Brown Paper Tickets.

Some venues were charging up to $40 when service fees were added.

B&N is charging just for the book as far as I know.....and usually they charge below cover price......and even less if you have a B&N discount card.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lou and I will talk about the upcoming Sleeping Beauties Tour in the next pod (recorded on September 10) and I wanted to ask if anyone have tips, do and don’ts or other good tips that can be useful when attending a King reading. Both Lou and I have been to readings and will go during the tour but I'm sure there are people here far more experienced than us that can give tips. Questions that I have already gotten is "how do I secure a signed copy?", "can I see what books are signed?" and "can I buy numerous tickets and get numerous of book and a bigger chance of getting a signed copy?"

If you want to share your knowledge and experience, please send them in a PM.

Lilja
    Cool, but may I ask who is Lou?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sure. Lou is my co-host in the podcast.

Lilja

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ah yes I see now. Great!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I have finalized my travel plans and wanted to know who else will be at the New York City stop. I would love to meet up with everyone.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I will be at the NY event
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I will also be there.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Wife and I will be there as well..... as long as IRMA has no effect which keeps us away.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Me too!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Should someone just organize a mtg time at a restaurant in Brooklyn? I am happy to make a reservation at a venue close to the event unless someone else has already done this.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Before or after? I would definitely like to see some members in person, especially since we probably won't all be together in the church. I know Junior's in 6 mins. away from the venue (best cheesecake ever, decent restaurant), but nothing else. I'm more familiar with Manhattan than Brooklyn. Becca?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Custom House pub is 200 feet from venue.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cu...!4d-73.9937863

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm down for wherever we end up going. Although you did have me at cheesecake.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Before or after? I would definitely like to see some members in person, especially since we probably won't all be together in the church. I know Junior's in 6 mins. away from the venue (best cheesecake ever, decent restaurant), but nothing else. I'm more familiar with Manhattan than Brooklyn. Becca?
    Hmmm, you know I hadn't even heard of Junior's before you mentioned it (although we almost ate at the one near Times Square last weekend - the wait was too long). I haven't really been around Brooklyn, only Manhattan.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to read some Owen King before the tour, but am struggling through Double Feature. Has anyone read We're All In This Together? Is it any good??

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I'd like to read some Owen King before the tour, but am struggling through Double Feature. Has anyone read We're All In This Together? Is it any good??
    I struggled with Double Feature as well. We're All In This Together has some short stories and the novella that gives the book it's name. The short stories felt like stories from a young writer finding his voice but the Novella We're All In This Together is worth the price of admission.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast