Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well we missed the meet up but I'm glad everyone had a good time! It was SO hot in that church (a little ironic no?)but the talk was good and after hearing them read I can't wait to start it myself! Both my friend and I scored signed copies so that was a good way to end. NYC was fun and now I am in Boston waiting for the train to go home. I will sleep for the next two days.
    Congrats to everyone on the signed copies!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Nothing on the New York event tonight?

Looks like King signed some books in red at this event.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLEEPING-BEA...8AAOSwDclZzGTX
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I tried to emmbed a video from FB but i don't know how to do that ;(
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    I tried to emmbed a video from FB but i don't know how to do that ;(
    I don't know that you can, but you can post a link to the FB page if you have it open to the public.

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

OK, so I just called the box office for the St. Louis show. He told me that the will call will be a table set up outside the actual will call window. They don't plan on opening until 5pm for will call and 6pm to the theater. He also stated that there were only 1,000 tickets for this venue.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Traveler ZarkSeven is on a distinguished road ZarkSeven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C1TIZEN_X View Post
    OK, so I just called the box office for the St. Louis show. He told me that the will call will be a table set up outside the actual will call window. They don't plan on opening until 5pm for will call and 6pm to the theater. He also stated that there were only 1,000 tickets for this venue.
    Thanks for the info!

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    Great evening tonight. The King's gave us a great show and you could feel they had a great time. Peter Straub was in the audience and no they didn't write The Talisman 3 backstage (I was there so I know for sure). I had one ticket and got one signed book so that was great. Meet up with a few others from this forum. I'm sorry I have already forgotten everyone's names here on the forum but I'm sure they post here when they get a chance. It was a lot of fun. Only downside was that they church was hot like hell but once it started you forgot all about that :-)

Lilja
    That is a great picture and view quite different from what many who sat toward the back saw. Was great meeting you Lilja as well as connecting with the others.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I went to the Hudson Valley event last night. Two for two on signed books. Not much in the way of news to report. It only lasted about an hour. King wore a Shirley Jackson t-shirt that was a present for his birthday. Both Owen and SK did a reading from the new book and then some discussion of the writing process. King was looking very frail and tired. The only negative was the book distribution process after the event which they set up outside the exit door causing a massive jam of folks trying to get books and then leave. The liberal arts types are good people but terrible organizers. The typical audience questions: molly, Tabitha (maybe working on something, maybe not), sequels (SK doesn't like them), any changes that he regrets making in his books (mention the manner of death of Dr. Cody in Salem's Lot). Someone collapsed in the lobby before the event. It was brutally hot but I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it. Silly rule making people wait until an hour beforehand to get their tickets.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the recap!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    That is a great picture and view quite different from what many who sat toward the back saw. Was great meeting you Lilja as well as connecting with the others.
    Yeah, I was very lucky to find a spot on the upper level so I had a great seat even though I arrived quite late.

Lilja

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone interested in tickets for the Milwaukee event on Saturday? I have two extra ones and will give you a great deal! PM me if interested!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Boston event is underway!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Is anyone interested in tickets for the Milwaukee event on Saturday? I have two extra ones and will give you a great deal! PM me if interested!
    PM sent

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If there are 2 of us attending an event, do you think it would be a good idea to be separated in the line? At the front, at the middle, at the back? Watch and ask for a 'tabbed' dustjacket? Anything else to maximize on the luck/chance of getting 1 or 2 signed books? I know we've got a Tips thread, but the advice in there can be conflicting.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm enjoying hearing about the events and get-togethers. Congrats to all who received signed copies!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    If there are 2 of us attending an event, do you think it would be a good idea to be separated in the line? At the front, at the middle, at the back? Watch and ask for a 'tabbed' dustjacket? Anything else to maximize on the luck/chance of getting 1 or 2 signed books? I know we've got a Tips thread, but the advice in there can be conflicting.
    It is really hard to advise as these events are each run independently and you do not know how things will be done until you are walking out the door. In Brooklyn you turned in a wristband you got while signing in and were handed a book off the table. Tonight you showed tickets which were mailed in order to get in church and were handed a book from woman holding a stack in their arms as you passed through the exit door.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    It is really hard to advise as these events are each run independently and you do not know how things will be done until you are walking out the door. In Brooklyn you turned in a wristband you got while signing in and were handed a book off the table. Tonight you showed tickets which were mailed in order to get in church and were handed a book from woman holding a stack in their arms as you passed through the exit door.
    Yes, I would agree. There is no real way to enhance your chances since you are basically in a mob being herded out like sheep. Some things to look for though are 1) people cheering in certain lines; 2) tabs inserted. But generally they don't allow you to pick your book. So it's pure luck. The best way to enhance your chances is to check the capacity of the venues and pick the one with the lowest number of attendees if you have that flexibility. And the more people you can convince to go the greater your odds (assuming the folks in your group are willing to hand over a signed copy). I have attended at least three random events and got at least one signed copy at each with parties of 2-3 people.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Had a great time at the event last night. It was held in a beautiful old church. I've seen King twice before but it was nice to see him with Owen. Got to hear about Owen's first job and what it was like growing up with writer parents. They each read a passage from the book, asked each other a few questions, and took a few questions sent in by members of the audience. Wish they talked for awhile longer though, it seemed so quick.

I took my mom with me and we both lucked out and got signed copies! We had no option of picking a book, the woman just handed us one as we walked out the door. The dust jacket flap wasn't a few pages in either, so when she handed it to me I was a little bummed. We walked outside and I didn't even open the book immediately because I just assumed it wasn't signed. So I was quite surprised when I opened it. Then my mom who got her book directly before me opened hers and we both started screaming with glee when we saw she got one as well

And as a cool added surprise I got to meet Paul Tremblay! He happened to be in line right behind us All in all it was a great night.

Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My timing to use the bathroom in Boston was perfect - on my way to the bathroom I passed Owen and then Mr. King (within a foot or two) to say hi. Then on my way back to my seats they were going back and I passed them both again - to say hi. My personal luck wasn’t so good - no signed copy in mine...but the wife and kids faired a bit better than me. A really fun evening - saw Paul in line and said hi to Paul and Nick for a bit too. Then afterwards a 2.5 hour drive to Vermont in the dark. Everyone enjoy the upcoming stops.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

more photos please
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    My timing to use the bathroom in Boston was perfect - on my way to the bathroom I passed Owen and then Mr. King (within a foot or two) to say hi. Then on my way back to my seats they were going back and I passed them both again - to say hi. My personal luck wasn’t so good - no signed copy in mine...but the wife and kids faired a bit better than me. A really fun evening - saw Paul in line and said hi to Paul and Nick for a bit too. Then afterwards a 2.5 hour drive to Vermont in the dark. Everyone enjoy the upcoming stops.
    Was great to meet you for the first time Chad. It was a fun night, and a whole lot cooler than the Brooklyn venue!

Here’s a picture of the lines.

Traveler cymru3 is on a distinguished road

Had a great time at the Boston/Newton event. Really enjoyed the father/son stories that they shared. Was a little disappointed with most of the audience questions, but I did enjoy the one about who King would invite to his birthday party. He said he'd invite Annie Wilkes, because she'd be his number one fan and would definitely have a sharp knife to cut the cake with

I also thought it was cool that King asked the audience to give him one question after the bookstore owner ran out of pre-screened questions to ask.

As others have mentioned, we were handed the books on our way out. The dust jacket didn't mark the signed page, so I didn't realize I had a signed copy at first. I opened the book to the very first page and saw nothing. It was only when I noticed someone else outside showing off their signed copy that I realized I should look a few pages in and saw that it was signed. Couldn't believe I'd gotten so lucky!

Hope everyone else who attended had a blast. Not sure if anyone I was chatting to in the line outside managed to get a signed copy, but I had my fingers crossed for you!

I managed to nab a few photos:
    https://imgur.com/a/nF9eY
    https://imgur.com/a/8WKZk
    https://imgur.com/a/MUWhV

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Did anyone take a photo of the outside of the church in New York? If so let me know I didn't and would really like one.

Lilja

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the other NY event recaps and pics.!

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Had a great time at the event last night. It was held in a beautiful old church. I've seen King twice before but it was nice to see him with Owen. Got to hear about Owen's first job and what it was like growing up with writer parents. They each read a passage from the book, asked each other a few questions, and took a few questions sent in by members of the audience. Wish they talked for awhile longer though, it seemed so quick.

I took my mom with me and we both lucked out and got signed copies! We had no option of picking a book, the woman just handed us one as we walked out the door. The dust jacket flap wasn't a few pages in either, so when she handed it to me I was a little bummed. We walked outside and I didn't even open the book immediately because I just assumed it wasn't signed. So I was quite surprised when I opened it. Then my mom who got her book directly before me opened hers and we both started screaming with glee when we saw she got one as well

And as a cool added surprise I got to meet Paul Tremblay! He happened to be in line right behind us All in all it was a great night.

Glad you had a great time (and got a signed book)!

Your church looks much neater than ours. St. Ann's architecture was cool, but I half-expected a vampire vs. werewolf battle to break out.

It was dark when I looked at my books outside the church and it didn't look like they were flapped, so I was disappointed. Then I figured, "Better check anyway," and that's when I saw one was signed, so I can understand your happy surprise.

And how cool that Paul Tremblay was there (and behind you!).

Quote Originally Posted by cymru3 View Post
    I did enjoy the one about who King would invite to his birthday party. He said he'd invite Annie Wilkes, because she'd be his number one fan and would definitely have a sharp knife to cut the cake with

As others have mentioned, we were handed the books on our way out. The dust jacket didn't mark the signed page, so I didn't realize I had a signed copy at first. I opened the book to the very first page and saw nothing. It was only when I noticed someone else outside showing off their signed copy that I realized I should look a few pages in and saw that it was signed. Couldn't believe I'd gotten so lucky!
    Funny birthday question. Haha. I wish they would always select ones that are fun like that instead of the more "stuffy" ones.

And interesting that the two stops after Brooklyn didn't have flapped DJs. Are they catching on?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone not get a signed copy on this tour? Given that the odds have been mostly 50-50 it seems odd that just about everyone seems to have snagged one or more. I sometimes wonder if King uses the dreaded autopen. Probably not but that's a lot of books to sign. Oblong has a picture of him signing before the Hudson Valley event and he is standing in front of a mountain of books. At his age I'm surprised he can plow through them all. He looks so frail and stiff it is painful to watch him walk on stage. God bless him though if he is signing all these books.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast