I've actually given this a bit of thought but it's still a bit of jumbled hypotheticals and what ifs. Most of it is trying to adapt the series in a way that works without changing too much to make it more 'action packed' or Hollywood.

Also spoilers for the entire series.

1. The series would be on Netflix. I think binge-watching would be the best way for a series like this to succeed.

2. The first season would be the first two books. I think you can get the first book in 2-3 hours; first episode being about Tull, second introducing Jake and the the third being the mountains. Rest of the season (say a twelve episode season) could be for the second book. Maybe 3 episodes for Eddie, three for O/Detta and the final two for Mort and the finale.

3. One major change and one that people will probably disagree with is killing off Walter at the end of the Gunslinger and not having R.F. return. I say this because at the end of the day everything post-Gunslinger for him is a series of a cameos that amounts to nothing. (If they wanted to change it and make him the Big Bad I'd be fine with that but again my intent is to keep it close as possible to the books.)

4. The Waste Lands could be 1-2 seasons depending on what direction they could take (if the former the first one would end with Jake being rescued and joining the ka-tet). Can't think of any major changes here except the omission of R.F. would have Tick-Tock die in Lud. Keeping him alive at the end of TWL amounted to him showing up and getting shot so no loss.

5. Wizard and Glass is where it gets tricky given that 90% of the season would be a flashback. I think the best route for this would be to treat the Roland/Susan storyline as a separate miniseries and market it as a prequel.

6. For Wolves of the Calla, I think Callahan's character would have to go. Unless Netflix were to go full hog and make a companion Salem's Lot movie I think a lot of his character wouldn't work in a stand-alone series.

7. Song of Susannah, I would cut out King's character. It would stick out like a sore thumb even moreso than it does in the books. The only major change this would cause would be Jake's death but as long as he still sacrifices himself to save the day I don't think it would be a problem. I also don't think SoS would need to be a full season. Maybe scrape it down to four episodes.

8. Final book... for starters I would condense the second half of the book. Multiple episodes of Roland and Suz in the snow probably wouldn't work for viewers. Patrick Danville could probably still be there but I think they'd have to introduce him differently. Even in the books it's a big mess, but having the characters in the show pull out a copy of Insomnia and recap the plot would be a huge disaster.

9. Ending of the series, I wouldn't change. It would probably infuriate a lot of viewers but I don't think changing it would be right.

If I didn't mention something it's probably because I wouldn't have changed it. Thoughts?