Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: June Nocturnal Reader's Box

Gunslinger Apprentice jsteltor will become famous soon enough jsteltor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

What are your thoughts of taking the Nocturnal DJ and putting it on a Chizmar signed copy?
    Wants:
    Insomnia S/L
    Joyland S/L

Have:
    Doctor Sleep - CD PC copy
    Very Best of Best New Horror - PC copy
    Smoke and Mirrors - PC copy
    PS Publishing Anniversary editions set

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsteltor View Post
    What are your thoughts of taking the Nocturnal DJ and putting it on a Chizmar signed copy?
    Sure. Why not?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Not part of the "original" Nocturnal release. That sort of thing.
    Wants:
    Insomnia S/L
    Joyland S/L

Have:

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not part of the "original" Nocturnal release. That sort of thing.
    I don’t see it as an issue either, both are 1st/1st so go for it.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I was just thinking from a collector and purist pov.
    Wants:
    Insomnia S/L
    Joyland S/L

Have:

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Received mine today. It was a fun experience seeing all the goodies. Well done nocturnal.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

There's one of the books and coins from the reader's box up for bid on ebay it's up to $25

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    There's one of the books and coins from the reader's box up for bid on ebay it's up to $25
    Gwendy's Button Box Variant Cover by Stephen King & Richard Chizmar & Coin RARE

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Thanks. I was just thinking from a collector and purist pov.
    I would think of it as not being any different than taking your nocturnal readers copy to a signing and getting it signed.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Somehow I missed this entire thread. What is the price for a month's subscription?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

~$40 with shipping though many had a 10% coupon I missed.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks. I wish I had known about it.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FINALLY got mine! It's pretty cool. I'm thinking about reading that damn Pork Pie Hat since it's soooo popular!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    FINALLY got mine! It's pretty cool. I'm thinking about reading that damn Pork Pie Hat since it's soooo popular!
    I had said on the CD forums that I would've warned you guys about Pork Pie Hat, but I didn't want to spoil the box, plus I wasn't entirely sure he was using it in this month box or in a future box. We kinda figured the CD customer base and the Nocturnal Readers Box customer base had very little overlap so most of the box subscribers probably had never seen Pork Pie Hat before.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

@ Dan – I don’t think it is possible that anyone has not seen this book before. Just the other day I witnessed a child birth and the kid popped out with a copy in their hand!
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I had said on the CD forums that I would've warned you guys about Pork Pie Hat, but I didn't want to spoil the box, plus I wasn't entirely sure he was using it in this month box or in a future box. We kinda figured the CD customer base and the Nocturnal Readers Box customer base had very little overlap so most of the box subscribers probably had never seen Pork Pie Hat before.

I dont think anyone is complaining! it was quite amusing. 1500 Nocturnal Boxes. You have to be low on copies by now!

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

I dont think anyone is complaining! it was quite amusing. 1500 Nocturnal Boxes. You have to be low on copies by now!
    http://www.cemeterydance.com/pork-pie-hat.html

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Brian
    Your warehouse must feel naked without it's trusty Pork Pie Hat!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't complaining - I was serious. Think I might read this when I am done re-reading BOBD. I've had other copies, seen dozens, heard tons about the book, so might as well. And good for you guys to finally get it OOP!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Nocturnal said, "We'd like to purchase 1500 Gwendy's Button Box books and put a variant dustjacket on them.

CD said, "No problem. Just purchase 1500 Pork Pie Hats and it's a deal."
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

At least they don't have a remainder mark on the bottom...

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Brian
    Don't worry...
    Finally i got my FIRST copy of MOST POPULAR "Pork Pie Hat"
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    @ Dan – I don’t think it is possible that anyone has not seen this book before. Just the other day I witnessed a child birth and the kid popped out with a copy in their hand!
    You'd be surprised. I probably got maybe 3 or 4 orders a year for them via direct sales, which means we had customers who didn't have it. Plus it never really made it into mass market hands. I can't really remember why we had so many extra copies of it, something to do with missing a distributor deadline or just a dumb amount of returns from a distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Nocturnal said, "We'd like to purchase 1500 Gwendy's Button Box books and put a variant dustjacket on them.

CD said, "No problem. Just purchase 1500 Pork Pie Hats and it's a deal."
    Not quite. I had originally given them 2 other options for the 2nd book, but when they bumped the quantity to 1500 that eliminated those other options. Oddly enough I only just barely had enough Pork Pie Hat's to give them. I think there might be maybe half a case left.

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    You'd be surprised. I probably got maybe 3 or 4 orders a year for them via direct sales, which means we had customers who didn't have it. Plus it never really made it into mass market hands. I can't really remember why we had so many extra copies of it, something to do with missing a distributor deadline or just a dumb amount of returns from a distributor.
    TONS of returns from Barnes & Nobles. They were supposed to promote it and they didn't, so they sent most of their order back.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast