Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: June Nocturnal Reader's Box

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Donate the book. Keep the dog.
    Haha, that's basically my plan. My building has a library made up of resident donations that I plan to drop it off at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I plan on keeping the pork pie book with the box contents. It is now infamously a collectable if you want the complete box. I removed the tea and plan to put it in 2 or 3 ziplocked bags and then back in the box.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Donate the book. Keep the dog.
    Haha, that's basically my plan. My building has a library made up of resident donations that I plan to drop it off at.

I plan on keeping the pork pie book with the box contents. It is now infamously a collectable if you want the complete box. I removed the tea and plan to put it in 2 or 3 ziplocked bags and then back in the box.
    I think I'll use my Foodsaver and seal up the tea, just in case...
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

omg that dog is awesome , what kind of breed is he?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    omg that dog is awesome , what kind of breed is he?
    We agree She's a rescue so a mix of a lot of things. We did one of those DNA test things because we were curious and this is what it came back with. I've heard these are only somewhat accurate so take it was a grain of salt. The rescue said her mom was a corgi. We're skeptical

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like your dog and my new one would get a long just fine without they like to chew on corners of furniture.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Am I the only one that hasn't received theirs yet? Mine has been sitting in TN for 6 days awaiting USPS. Smartpost, my ass!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So glad I passed on this... not my thing. Happy for those of you that like it though.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So what's the deal with Pork Pie Hat? Do they have a lot of extra inventory?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    So what's the deal with Pork Pie Hat? Do they have a lot of extra inventory?
    Um, used to, not anymore. A chain bookstore ordered a bunch of copies of the trade hardcover when the book was announced and then returned many of them, unfortunately. Such is life when it comes to returnable inventory.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember for years that I mistakenly thought a porkpie hat was a newsboy cap.

I guess that is what you get being from a generation that grew up without pork pies or newsboys.

Now i just call it a Heisenberg hat!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

We agree She's a rescue so a mix of a lot of things. We did one of those DNA test things because we were curious and this is what it came back with. I've heard these are only somewhat accurate so take it was a grain of salt. The rescue said her mom was a corgi. We're skeptical
    I was certain there would be some German Shorthaired Pointer within a generation or two based on the markings on the legs. Of course, that DNA could be in some of those mixed breeds on the chart.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Limited edition coin (****) cool. face of coin not what I was expecting I hope CD does their coin right!!
    Anyone have a photo of the coin? I'm really curious about what they came up with. (The one I came up with will be done at the mint in July. There's no rush since the book cannot go to the printer until the sig sheets are done.)

Brian

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Am I the only one that hasn't received theirs yet? Mine has been sitting in TN for 6 days awaiting USPS. Smartpost, my ass!
    My tracking showed that is shipped June 1st and nothing else as of yesterday. I just checked again and it show it is out for delivery. So hopefully yours will be there soon.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Limited edition coin (****) cool. face of coin not what I was expecting I hope CD does their coin right!!
    Anyone have a photo of the coin? I'm really curious about what they came up with. (The one I came up with will be done at the mint in July. There's no rush since the book cannot go to the printer until the sig sheets are done.)

Brian
    Here ya go:

Maybe yours should come with
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

got my box!

So i don't understand... if you are subscribed you automatically get the next box? I went to the website to check out news for the July box to see if the theme had been announced and it was listed as SOLD OUT (for July im thinking) If so adding all us King fans last month surely gave them an uptick in their business!

The theme is "The Feast" and it says there will be a Silence of the Lambs item in there. Im guessing it's Cannibalism! lol
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't decide whether or not to cancel before or after this "Feast" theme......while I enjoyed the King box and agree with pretty much everyone else on it's contents I just don't need more STUFF from more subscription boxes. I did really like The Long Walk print though.
    Brian, feel free to share pics of CD's coin so we can compare....

Heath, gorgeous dog!

I've never read, nor had planned to read Pork Pie Hat. I guess I better now!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I just noticed the email about July. Says that King fans might want to stick around. Of course I've already cancelled my subscription.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I just noticed the email about July. Says that King fans might want to stick around. Of course I've already cancelled my subscription.
    Crud, I guess that answers my question then. I better stick around for July

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

"Hey Nocturnal Readers!!

To those who have already received their King boxes, please let us know what you think of it, and its collectibility. To those who have not, you will get it soon! Its been a hell of a month (May) and now that we are here, we can all say that we have created an amazing follow up for the King box! If you were a one time customer, a collector of King, perhaps you'll stick around a bit longer. "

Well now that I read it again, it could be taken another way so I'm not so sure.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

"Hey Nocturnal Readers!!

To those who have already received their King boxes, please let us know what you think of it, and its collectibility. To those who have not, you will get it soon! Its been a hell of a month (May) and now that we are here, we can all say that we have created an amazing follow up for the King box! If you were a one time customer, a collector of King, perhaps you'll stick around a bit longer. "

Well now that I read it again, it could be taken another way so I'm not so sure.
    Oh yes, I did see that. I took it as people only signed up for the King box and are now cancelling the rest of their subscription and they're asking folks to perhaps give July a shot as well.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

They also said the July box has a 1 in 4 signed quantity.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    "Hey Nocturnal Readers!!

Oh yes, I did see that. I took it as people only signed up for the King box and are now cancelling the rest of their subscription and they're asking folks to perhaps give July a shot as well.
    Sorry for the misinfo. I believe your assessment is correct. Still, I want the Silence of the Lambs item whatever it is!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Nocturnal Readers!!

To those who have already received their King boxes, please let us know what you think of it, and its collectibility. To those who have not, you will get it soon! Its been a hell of a month (May) and now that we are here, we can all say that we have created an amazing follow up for the King box! If you were a one time customer, a collector of King, perhaps you'll stick around a bit longer.

We need talk about The Feast. We have officially received everything for July's box and it is incredible! There's flesh eating creatures, cannibalism, sharks, vampires, and creepy kids...what else does a horror box need?

We also have items that we have never used before! One of which is a very usable and beautiful Silence of the Lambs item that you CANNOT miss!

Thank you all for another great month!

Vincent & Jessica
    The Nocturnal Reader's Box
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

I wrote them and asked them how many they sold for the King box and he told me they sold 1500.
    Which means we now have a 1500 copy varient dust jacket for Gwendy's which could become very scarce.
    I also like the Long Walk print and the Costant Reader pin.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So glad that I am now the owner of a copy of Pork Pie Hat. I've somehow missed getting it. Is it really SK related though, other than being written by his sometimes writing partner?

I really like the Long Walk print (it's my favorite short-ish story) and the DT bandana thingy. All in all a fun package.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast