Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: June Nocturnal Reader's Box

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Is this a hardcover edition?
    IF i understood it correctly, yes it will be a 1/1 Gwendy's with a CD and King approved alternative cover. There will also be a second softcover book of indeterminate printing history and some kind of graphic artwork. All-in-all in seems a good deal.
    Sounds like a cool set, I look forward to it.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    SO it I read it correctly for Month to Month I need to cancel after this one or it will auto bill anyway?
    I think you need to cancel it (by the 15th of the month). I paid with paypal and it created a subscription payment...

I wonder why they dont allow a chance to see if you like the box and want to continue. Paying for a mystery gwendy's button box nocturnal box on the 1st of may but it doesn't ship until the 1st of june which is AFTER you would have to pay for the July box.
    I read you can skip any month. So you could skip July and see if you like June. The last few boxes I've seen have looked cool and someone said they do include signed books sometimes.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Month to month here as well. I'm looking forward to checking it out. Not sure how long I'll stick with it but it will be fun to try. I wonder if you cancel if you can come back later, like say if they do a Hill box or another King?

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Their Facebook page released the alternate dust jacket design. Still undecided if I'm going to order it.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

It is "approved" by CD so it is a legitimate dust jacket varient. It's not like the Overlook jackets that are made up and copied as some kind of limited collectible.
    It's like the different Insomnia or Under the Dome color variations, only this varient is a whole lot less quantity. And, since they should be on first printings, that will
    be even more collectible. Look at how collectibe the Holdorf covers are and they are on 25th printings or higher.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dig it. In fact I'm even more intrigued about the novella now. Can't wait to read it. I realize I should probably read some Chizmar first to get a feel for how he writes.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I like how it kinda looks like there is a skull sitting on top of the Castle Rock sign. Anyone else see it?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I like how it kinda looks like there is a skull sitting on top of the Castle Rock sign. Anyone else see it?
    Nice catch! I see it. Subtle. It may not have been intentional. It's like a Freudian art slip.

WTB:

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't place an order. It delivers an error.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had a few questions come to mind today. Is the copy of Gwendy's that will be in the Nocturnal Reader's box with the variant DJ also going to include the original DJ as well and is it the same physical edition as the 'normal' first printings; ie Is it going to fit in the slipcover that CD will be making? If it DOESN'T include the normal DJ, is the normal DJ available for order?
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    I had a few questions come to mind today. Is the copy of Gwendy's that will be in the Nocturnal Reader's box with the variant DJ also going to include the original DJ as well and is it the same physical edition as the 'normal' first printings; ie Is it going to fit in the slipcover that CD will be making? If it DOESN'T include the normal DJ, is the normal DJ available for order?
    I doubt it will come with two dustjackets. It should be the normal first printing and should fit in the slipcase. CD should have extra dustjackets for sale once they are done shipping the books.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I contacted the tech support because I'm still unable to purchase it. If it ends up with no contact, can anyone buy an extra for me? I can pay via Paypal.

Thanks!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I contacted the tech support because I'm still unable to purchase it. If it ends up with no contact, can anyone buy an extra for me? I can pay via Paypal.

Thanks!
    I'll help.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    I dig it. In fact I'm even more intrigued about the novella now. Can't wait to read it. I realize I should probably read some Chizmar first to get a feel for how he writes.
    Long December is an excellent read. A behemoth book. Start there.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I really dig the variant cover art and I missed the skull completely! Nice find Tommy.
    Also never even thought to get a slipcase for this. Another good catch! Are they selling separate slipcases for Gwendy's? I haven't seen them available yet other than with the book purchase....
    I'll be interested to see what else comes in this box, from looking at past ones they send some pretty cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    I really dig the variant cover art and I missed the skull completely! Nice find Tommy.
    Also never even thought to get a slipcase for this. Another good catch! Are they selling separate slipcases for Gwendy's? I haven't seen them available yet other than with the book purchase....
    I'll be interested to see what else comes in this box, from looking at past ones they send some pretty cool stuff.
    We haven't listed the GWENDY slipcase separately on the site yet, but I'll bump up the order here real quick before the slipcase maker gets rolling because I didn't even think about folks wanting cases for the variant DJ, which is a great point.

The books are exactly the same, only the DJ is different (and the DJ was printed by the same plant on the same stock, etc), so the slipcase should fit exactly the same.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    We haven't listed the GWENDY slipcase separately on the site yet, but I'll bump up the order here real quick before the slipcase maker gets rolling because I didn't even think about folks wanting cases for the variant DJ, which is a great point.

The books are exactly the same, only the DJ is different (and the DJ was printed by the same plant on the same stock, etc), so the slipcase should fit exactly the same.

Brian
    Yay! Thanks for the reply Brian! I think most of us will be getting an extra slipcase

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Long December is an excellent read. A behemoth book. Start there.
    Will do. I look forward to it.

WTB:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Thanks!
    I'll help.
    THANK YOU!!! I was finally able to place an order with another browser.

THANK YOU!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, this might be a silly question, but when I signed up for the Nocturnal Reader's box (via the page with the gigantic picture of Stephen King on it), I assumed I was signing up for the June Box (i.e., the one with Gwendy's Button Box in it). I've now started receiving emails from them about the May box, but they have not responded to my questions. Am I the one who assumed that if I signed up for the "month-to-month" plan that I would be starting with the SK box? Given that they sent out an email about how they are having a hard time handling the May shipments, I imagine that they were bombarded with orders that they were ill-equipped to handle.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    So, this might be a silly question, but when I signed up for the Nocturnal Reader's box (via the page with the gigantic picture of Stephen King on it), I assumed I was signing up for the June Box (i.e., the one with Gwendy's Button Box in it). I've now started receiving emails from them about the May box, but they have not responded to my questions. Am I the one who assumed that if I signed up for the "month-to-month" plan that I would be starting with the SK box? Given that they sent out an email about how they are having a hard time handling the May shipments, I imagine that they were bombarded with orders that they were ill-equipped to handle.
    Looking at my account it shows that I signed up on May 1st and my renewal is June 15th. So I read that as I am getting June and not May. The email talked about renewals coming up on the 15th and 20th and I would guess those are for people that received May and are now paying for their June Subscription. I am not 100% my assumptions are correct, hopefully they are.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Looking at my account it shows that I signed up on May 1st and my renewal is June 15th. So I read that as I am getting June and not May. The email talked about renewals coming up on the 15th and 20th and I would guess those are for people that received May and are now paying for their June Subscription. I am not 100% my assumptions are correct, hopefully they are.
    May's box/subsciptions were sold out so when you signed up it was for the June box. Since you are now a subscriber, you are receiving their email alerts. And looks like most of their troubles were from the freight/sorting facility.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

So has anyone cancelled their membership yet/been charged for another month yet? I am still really confused by their schedule.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't cancel it but suspended it for one month. I'll wait until the news on the next box and if I like it I'll reactivate it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't cancel it but suspended it for one month. I'll wait until the news on the next box and if I like it I'll reactivate it.
    Ah good call. I'll do that now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast