Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: June Nocturnal Reader's Box

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    @ Dan – I don’t think it is possible that anyone has not seen this book before. Just the other day I witnessed a child birth and the kid popped out with a copy in their hand!
    You'd be surprised. I probably got maybe 3 or 4 orders a year for them via direct sales, which means we had customers who didn't have it. Plus it never really made it into mass market hands. I can't really remember why we had so many extra copies of it, something to do with missing a distributor deadline or just a dumb amount of returns from a distributor.
    TONS of returns from Barnes & Nobles. They were supposed to promote it and they didn't, so they sent most of their order back.

Brian
    For me the funny parts is that I have never ordered a copy and I now have three copies. It almost like
    Spoiler:
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Darn, I didn't order the Nocturnal box. I may never get an opportunity to read Pork Pie Hat!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    @ Dan – I don’t think it is possible that anyone has not seen this book before. Just the other day I witnessed a child birth and the kid popped out with a copy in their hand!
    You'd be surprised. I probably got maybe 3 or 4 orders a year for them via direct sales, which means we had customers who didn't have it. Plus it never really made it into mass market hands. I can't really remember why we had so many extra copies of it, something to do with missing a distributor deadline or just a dumb amount of returns from a distributor.
    TONS of returns from Barnes & Nobles. They were supposed to promote it and they didn't, so they sent most of their order back.

Brian
    Oh yea I remember now. I think we shipped Pork Pie Hat within the first like 4 months of me working here.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Darn, I didn't order the Nocturnal box. I may never get an opportunity to read Pork Pie Hat!
    I still have some. I could send you a handful if you want... :p

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

PPH was the reason I quit ordering grab bags. Had like 8 copies of that damned book.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    PPH was the reason I quit ordering grab bags. Had like 8 copies of that damned book.
    Yup me too!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    There's one of the books and coins from the reader's box up for bid on ebay it's up to $25
    Gwendy's Button Box Variant Cover by Stephen King & Richard Chizmar & Coin RARE
    Sold for $91, not bad!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey all - Did anyone continue getting these boxes? Just wondering what your thoughts are...

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Hey all - Did anyone continue getting these boxes? Just wondering what your thoughts are...
    I got the next couple and generally liked them. I just don’t have enough room for all throes books until I move so cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Gunslinger Apprentice jsteltor will become famous soon enough jsteltor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still getting them but I will probably stop after Dec. No offense to anyone, but I'm not a fan of the self-published books that have been included. The 1 in 4 getting signed books hasn't worked in my favor either.
    Wants:
    Insomnia S/L
    Joyland S/L

Have:
    Doctor Sleep - CD PC copy
    Very Best of Best New Horror - PC copy
    Smoke and Mirrors - PC copy
    PS Publishing Anniversary editions set

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsteltor View Post
    I'm still getting them but I will probably stop after Dec. No offense to anyone, but I'm not a fan of the self-published books that have been included. The 1 in 4 getting signed books hasn't worked in my favor either.
    The will be my last month for a while also. I enjoyed what each box contained, and will look into them again, but for now it was strictly a cost saving measure. Until we discover if we can get another client, which in turn will help us buy the house, money is just too tight.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I kept getting them until this month. I skipped November.

They are interesting. I haven't received any signed books either.

I might let December's billing go through since they're saying there is King and Joe Hill stuff.

I doubt I'll continue much longer than that though.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

I kept going for a few months and just stopped. I don't care for their selection of books and most of the little "trinkets" are a waste.
    I never got a signed book either.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I cancelled after the July box, like others stated I just wasn't interested in the books or most of the other odds and ends. However, I really would like to get my hands on the Long Walk shirt. Hoping it goes up in their store eventually like the Captain Trips hat did!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the info, guys! I had received just June's, but with Hill and Blatty and King being in December's box, I was thinking about taking another crack at it!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I forgot to cancel, so the newest box has shipped.

I should cancel right now, but I have to see what's in the box first.

Country
    Country Flag

It's a vicious cycle!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I just found out about this a few months ago, so last month was my first box. Loved it. Can't wait for this new one because I love Poe. Really wish the shipping was faster though. I didn't get my last one until right before Christmas and my subscription has just renewed for next month, but I haven't even received my box for this month yet. Is this typical, or is it just the holidays and weather screwing it up?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I just found out about this a few months ago, so last month was my first box. Loved it. Can't wait for this new one because I love Poe. Really wish the shipping was faster though. I didn't get my last one until right before Christmas and my subscription has just renewed for next month, but I haven't even received my box for this month yet. Is this typical, or is it just the holidays and weather screwing it up?
    They normally bill on the ~15th and ship just after the 1st. You should usually get your box before the next billing.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So maybe it's just been the weather then. Hopefully this box will arrive more timely than my last one.

Country
    Country Flag

It's probably both the holidays and the weather.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    It's probably both the holidays and the weather.

I got an apology email from them. Bad shipping labels. Weather. And holidays all conspired against them.

Yes, I just got that email too. Hopefully next month shipping will be more prompt. Glad to hear it's not a common occurrence with them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6