Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: TravelinJack

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a nice set-up!

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Much appreciated
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Now when working in my office and I feel frustrated with something or start to get lazy, I can look up and see Roland. He'd probably scold me, "those who get frustrated or lazy with work have forgotten the face of their father" then back to work I go realizing, it's not all that bad.
    My father mainly bitched about management so I definitely haven't forgotten his face LOL. If you're self-employed, that might be an issue
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Now when working in my office and I feel frustrated with something or start to get lazy, I can look up and see Roland. He'd probably scold me, "those who get frustrated or lazy with work have forgotten the face of their father" then back to work I go realizing, it's not all that bad.
    My father mainly bitched about management so I definitely haven't forgotten his face LOL. If you're self-employed, that might be an issue
    Isn't that the truth.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

So, Travelin Jack has urged me to share a story with you guys...
    As most of you saw in the thread recently, Travelin Jack did an awesome thing by gifting me with one of his rare copies of Robert McCammon's Boy's Life because I had fallen head over heels in love with the story and he was motivated to pay-it-forward because a stranger had inspired him. I was reluctant to accept the book at first because it was such a huge deal, but he assured me that he really wanted to pass it along to me. The deal, he said, was that I had to agree to pay-it-forward to someone else.
    I agreed because I thought this was a very awesome agreement (and because I really wanted my hands on that book ) Well, I paid it forward a few days ago. I visted my local used bookstore and tucked some money and a note inside a paperback copy of The Talisman. Hopefully, when someone picks the book up to read, they will not only get an awesome story, but motivation to keep the positive energy going by paying it forward to someone else.
    I shared the story with Travelin Jack so he'd know I kept up my end of the bargain, and he suggested I share it with you guys with hopes that someone else may become motivated as well.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent guys, well done

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    As most of you saw in the thread recently, Travelin Jack did an awesome thing by gifting me with one of his rare copies of Robert McCammon's Boy's Life because I had fallen head over heels in love with the story and he was motivated to pay-it-forward because a stranger had inspired him. I was reluctant to accept the book at first because it was such a huge deal, but he assured me that he really wanted to pass it along to me. The deal, he said, was that I had to agree to pay-it-forward to someone else.
    I agreed because I thought this was a very awesome agreement (and because I really wanted my hands on that book ) Well, I paid it forward a few days ago. I visted my local used bookstore and tucked some money and a note inside a paperback copy of The Talisman. Hopefully, when someone picks the book up to read, they will not only get an awesome story, but motivation to keep the positive energy going by paying it forward to someone else.
    I shared the story with Travelin Jack so he'd know I kept up my end of the bargain, and he suggested I share it with you guys with hopes that someone else may become motivated as well.
    Reading this makes me even more convinced that there is more good than bad in the world. Love it!
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Excellent guys, well done
    Quote Originally Posted by andyg75 View Post

Reading this makes me even more convinced that there is more good than bad in the world. Love it!
    I've really gotta give TravelinJack credit on this. I not only carried out my end of the deal because it was our agreement, but I did (and do) think it was a great idea on his part. It does make me pretty happy to think of the person who picks up that copy of The Talisman.

Country
    Country Flag

I think I've got to bump the credit back to the guy at the ice-cream shop. Although, the funny and really interesting thing about all of this is, it could have started months or years ago if you think about it. Who knows who started this chain of events. Pretty wild when you think about it.

Girlystevedave I appreciate you sharing your 'pay-it-forward' experience! You had a really clever idea with the note and money in the book. What an incredible and unexpected surprise that will be for that person!! In The Talisman no less, great stuff!

WTB:

I think I've got to bump the credit back to the guy at the ice-cream shop. Although the funny, and really interesting thing about all of this is, it could have started months or years ago. Who knows who started this chain of events. Pretty wild when you think about it.
    It is crazy to think of how far back this has gone! And also pretty nuts to think of how long it may continue.

Girlystevedave had a really clever idea with the note and money in the book. What an incredible and unexpected surprise that will be for that person!! Great stuff.
    I figured since the good cheer was spread to me via a book, what better way to "repay" than with another book. I think we can always agree that certain books "stay" with us all our lives and I thought it pretty neat to think of someone always associating their first read of The Talisman with something positive.

Country
    Country Flag

I figured since the good cheer was spread to me via a book, what better way to "repay" than with another book. I think we can always agree that certain books "stay" with us all our lives and I thought it pretty neat to think of someone always associating their first read of The Talisman with something positive.
    Positive indeed and agreed. They'll get a great surprise along with such an amazing and wild adventure.

WTB:

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, guys! Great of you both!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

What a great idea!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

I meant to post this a few weeks ago. Thanks to David at Betts, I was able to finally get a S/L of Firestarter!

WTB:

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Great, great book!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I meant to post this a few weeks ago. Thanks to David at Betts, I was able to finally get a S/L of Firestarter!

Whoa!!!! Very nice indeed!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! One of my favorite s/l

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That's hot!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Jake!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats. I've been on the hunt too!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks all! I waited a long time to try to track this down. Which, as we know, isn't always the wisest choice with appreciating collectibles. I missed random auctions that seemed to be priced decently.

Then, one random morning not too long ago, I remember asking the forum what the, now-a-days fair price for such a gem would be. Just to make sure I wasn't going to overpay. Consequently, there after I was getting my daily morning Betts Books fix in (it has become just as regular as coffee it seems) and poof, there it was. Couldn't believe it. I drew for my phone with gunslinger like speed so I could email David. Of course, in the process I snagged the edge of my pocket. Without having the best grip, my phone goes flying out of my hands falling to the floor (not so gunslinger). I opened up my email and typed as fast as Edris Alba's version of Roland was loading a spinning sixshooter (gunslinger again). The rest is history so the good people say.

WTB:

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks all! I waited a long time to try to track this down. Which, as we know, isn't always the wisest choice with appreciating collectibles. I missed random auctions that seemed to be priced decently.

Then, one random morning not too long ago, I remember asking the forum what the, now-a-days fair price for such a gem would be. Just to make sure I wasn't going to overpay. Consequently, there after I was getting my daily morning Betts Books fix in (it has become just as regular as coffee it seems) and poof, there it was. Couldn't believe it. I drew for my phone with gunslinger like speed so I could email David. Of course, in the process I snagged the edge of my pocket. Without having the best grip, my phone goes flying out of my hands falling to the floor (not so gunslinger). I opened up my email and typed as fast as Edris Alba's version of Roland was loading a spinning sixshooter (gunslinger again). The rest is history so the good people say.
    You need to keep an email to David in your drafts folder...

I do NOT have a problem!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post

I do NOT have a problem!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post

I do NOT have a problem!
    Hmm, not a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Funny. At least I'm not alone.

WTB:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast