Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: TravelinJack

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY VERY impressive colliection !!! Tks for sharing so many pics !!!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ohhhhhhhhhh... Okay, Okay... Here it is. Stand back people, make some room.

(1) That is one SERIOUS King collection; and
    (2) That is one SERIOUS book collection!

Thank you for sharing with this community. Brilliant. When I have more time, I'm going to have a good deep look at this and no doubt have many jealous questions.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    VERY VERY impressive colliection !!! Tks for sharing so many pics !!!
    Thank you VERY VERY much!

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhhh... Okay, Okay... Here it is. Stand back people, make some room.

(1) That is one SERIOUS King collection; and
    (2) That is one SERIOUS book collection!

Thank you for sharing with this community. Brilliant. When I have more time, I'm going to have a good deep look at this and no doubt have many jealous questions.
    Very much appreciated! Fire away questions when you have them. I am likely going to do the same with your collection. I still drool over the builtins with glass doors. That is one thing I wish I would have done and regret is not get cases with doors. Rookie mistake.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gorgeous collection and beautifully presented--.the room is also laid out so well. Looking forward to watching your collection grow.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Gorgeous collection and beautifully presented--.the room is also laid out so well. Looking forward to watching your collection grow.
    Many thanks Jcmanske!
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's a really great collection of books you have there TravelinJack. Hope they are getting read.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    That's a really great collection of books you have there TravelinJack. Hope they are getting read.
    Thank you Mr. Rabbit Trick. I have readers copies for my books, thank goodness. What I like to do is flip through the limiteds as I work my way through the reader copy to see the illustrations. I am too scared to actually read one of the limiteds.

Every time I see your signature, you have no idea how tempted I am.

WTB:

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great collection!
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by andyg75 View Post
    Great collection!
    Thank ya kindly!

WTB:

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice collection, Jack!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Thanks Brian! I've got some new stuff I need to reshuffle into display somehow and repost a couple pictures. It's funny. Every time a new book arrives, I want to reorganize the whole thing.

WTB:

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Thanks Brian! I've got some new stuff I need to reshuffle into display somehow and repost a couple pictures. It's funny. Every time a new book arrives, I want to reorganize the whole thing.
    Yea, we collectors are an anal bunch
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Yea, we collectors are an anal bunch
    Isn't that the truth.

WTB:

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

So it's not just me who does that then
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by andyg75 View Post
    So it's not just me who does that then
    Good to know I'm in like company. I have a few books coming in and it's tough to wait for the rest of them before a reorder of things.

WTB:

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was out of town last weekend, so I just found this thread. WOW. I agree with you - books should be in every room! My office has 95% of my collectibles, but nearly every other room in the house has bookshelves. Unfortunately, my boyfriend isn't much of a reader, but he doesn't care if I put books everywhere so we get along just fine.

BTW, I love the normal family pillow, too!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I was out of town last weekend, so I just found this thread. WOW. I agree with you - books should be in every room! My office has 95% of my collectibles, but nearly every other room in the house has bookshelves. Unfortunately, my boyfriend isn't much of a reader, but he doesn't care if I put books everywhere so we get along just fine.

BTW, I love the normal family pillow, too!
    Thanks for your note! Glad you like that pillow too. It's a fun one.

There is just something about having books around, right? Even if it's not a collectible or the one you are reading at the moment. That's great your boyfriend doesn't mind the growing or scattered stacks.

Funny personal factoid: my wife wasn't much of a reader either. We started reading Mr. Mercedes together, and she got through it faster than I did and worked through the trilogy. She isn't a huge King fan as I am, but it jump started her back into reading.

WTB:

Country
    Country Flag

Dark Tower movie poster arrived yesterday and I was able to hang it up today. This is the wall outside our cinema. I really like how you can hang the Dark Tower poster either way. For now this'll do.

WTB:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pics of the theater?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Pics of the theater?
    Sure thing. I should be able to post those up tomorrow. This theater was the coolest thing, hobby wise (outside of my book collection) that I've done. We haven't been out to a movie in about two years because of this thing. I had been wanting to build a commercial private cinema in our basement for a very long time and finally made it happen. From Sound Isolation, Measured Acoustic Treatments, Bi-Amplified ProAudio Matched speakers throughout, and plenty of amplification. I could watch movies all day long.

Ok - got a bit carried away there. It was a really fun project that I was nervous about at first, but thankfully turned out wonderfully. More to come.

WTB:

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Pics of the theater?
    Nevermind the pics. Send us tickets to the next showing!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Pics of the theater?
    Nevermind the pics. Send us tickets to the next showing!
    Absolutely! It would be selfish not to share. :-) The Dark Tower is being released in 'Dolby Atmos' of which was a main criteria to our theater. If you haven't experianced a native Atmos movie in a real Atmos theater, whew, it's phenomenal. For those going to a cinema to watch DT, please try to find a Dolby Atmos enabled theater if there is one close to you. Not to mention watching 'It' in an atmos theater. It will be a worthwhile experiance.

Just to preface, our theater isn't huge. Only seats 7, but is comfy and well balanced.

WTB:

Country
    Country Flag

Here are some pics of the build out where we just got done with the framing and drywall, mounts etc and have put down all the acoustic treatments. Not the best pictures, but kind of gives an idea of what goes on beneath the surface.

This is the ceiling:

WTB:

Country
    Country Flag

Here is the hallway down to the theater:

This is a shot of all the Theater Equipment / Devices (Processors, Amps, Kaleidescape, etc):

Here is behind the rack (our network/AV closet) This is for my fellow geeks:

WTB:

Country
    Country Flag

Here are pictures of the finished theater: A couple of notes (The walls and ceiling are stretch fabric which are acoustically transparent so that the sound will hit the acoustic treatments). The goal of the theater was to create sort of a vessel feel, hence the arched columns and beams. I know this isn't King or DT related, but hope you enjoy. It took about 8 months to finish but was well worth it. It's a treat every time we watch something. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer.

WTB:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast