+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Book Collection: TravelinJack

Citizen of Gilead TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post

Much appreciated. Not going to lie - I had to look lagniappe up.
    The new understanding of the word lagniappe in this case was in itself a lagniappe....
    Really? I use "lagniappe" several times a day.

It's now been immortalized as the Word of the Day!

I'm pretty sure we're going to have to start calling you Dictionary.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    Green Mile S/L
    Dolan's Cadillac S/L

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The new understanding of the word lagniappe in this case was in itself a lagniappe....

Actually, sesquipedalian would be a better word for Brian...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY NICE!
    Wanted list:
    The girl who loved tom gordon ARC with King's letter
    The Plant #3 Unsigned.
    Maximum Overdrive Cardboard truck

"I'm pondering how many LOLs are needed to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!" Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an's Avatar

What does the size of my feet have to do with anything?
    https://www.gofundme.com/help-hurricane-victim-pay-vet-bills

See what's in my eBay store!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

What does the size of my feet have to do with anything?
    Ah, another bastardisation by the Colonies... See the English Dictionary meaning...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Donate to HF Mateys! becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lovely!
    WANTED:

DT II: The Drawing of the Three S/L #644 FOUND 7/9/15!

MM AGoT, MM ACoK, SP ASoS #320 - GRRM - can trade

Citizen of Gilead shaq is a jewel in the rough shaq is a jewel in the rough shaq is a jewel in the rough shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is the best rebound set out there. Hands down my favourite, and what a triple whammy! All signed.

Amazing.

Good work getting the pages swapped over.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!! That was very cool of, RF to do for you!!! Excellent!!!! I do love it when a plan can come together for all involved!!!

My Collection:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy". The Outlaw Josey Wales

Holding myself to a Higher Standard!!! Retired!!!

Citizen of Gilead TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Lovely!
    Thank ya!

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    That is the best rebound set out there. Hands down my favourite, and what a triple whammy! All signed.

Amazing.

Good work getting the pages swapped over.
    Much appreciated, thanks for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Wow!! That was very cool of, RF to do for you!!! Excellent!!!! I do love it when a plan can come together for all involved!!!
    Agreed, it all came together nicely. I need to thank everyone involved again. Thank you!
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    Green Mile S/L
    Dolan's Cadillac S/L

Country
    Country Flag

So I feel that dustjackets on these just don't do the books justice. I think the nubuk needs to breath and show off that custom binding. It looks good like this.

WTB:
    Green Mile S/L
    Dolan's Cadillac S/L

Maerlyn's Imp peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They look brilliant. Congrats TJ...

"I'm pondering how many LOLs are needed to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!" Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an's Avatar

Beautiful!
    https://www.gofundme.com/help-hurricane-victim-pay-vet-bills

See what's in my eBay store!

Vagrant Dead The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman has much to be proud of The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful and I agree, much classier without the DJs.

Manni Folken biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Much better! To be really honest: I hate the cover art of the trilogy (especially the spines with the smileys). This is much much better)
    - MichaŽl

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The dj's do obscure a beautiful spine. Cool thing is, the owner can display it many a different way.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Beautiful!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Much better! To be really honest: I hate the cover art of the trilogy (especially the spines with the smileys). This is much much better)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The dj's do obscure a beautiful spine. Cool thing is, the owner can display it many a different way.
    Many thanks everyone! Seeing it in person and feeling the material is amazing, great choice RF.

Btw - a side note on the trilogy DJs there is an annoying flaw, the 'End of Watch' title on the spine is a lighter red and looks faded almost pink/salmon. I have seen this on 3 sets now. Anyone else that have it notice that?

WTB:
    Green Mile S/L
    Dolan's Cadillac S/L

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Beautiful!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Many thanks everyone! Seeing it in person and feeling the material is amazing, great choice RF.

Btw - a side note on the trilogy DJs there is an annoying flaw, the 'End of Watch' title on the spine is a lighter red and looks faded almost pink/salmon. I have seen this on 3 sets now. Anyone else that have it notice that?
    Yes, they used a lighter shade of red for sure. Almost as annoying as the 'Part numbers' on the Green Mile PB spines not lining up....

Country
    Country Flag

Don't they know that 90% of collectors have some level of OCD?

WTB:
    Green Mile S/L
    Dolan's Cadillac S/L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9