Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: TravelinJack

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought my theater was bad ass. I have Wilkins Bowers CM line and 11.2.... but this is just wow. How many watts is that running? I love it. Nice job...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I thought my theater was bad ass. I have Wilkins Bowers CM line and 11.2.... but this is just wow. How many watts is that running? I love it. Nice job...

Webstar - You have a sweet setup for sure. Those are great speakers and 11.2 is excellent! I went a bit over the top and got carried away.

Here is the amp breakdown:

-Front Mains (Left, Center, Right) 450W to each Low Frequency (LF) Channel (12" woofer) and 200W to each High Frequency (HF) Channel (Tweeter)
    -All Surround Channels, including the ceiling speakers are 300W for the LF and 100W for the HF
    -The Two Main 15" Subwoofers have 1000W Each.

About 7950W total. Craziness. But it creates extremely clear highs and mids, with very well balanced bass. The full range sound is something for both movies and for music or concert blurays. I think what really makes most of a difference is having the dedicated space and the isolation and acoustic treatment. It really allows for a much cleaner sound.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post

Webstar - You have a sweet setup for sure. Those are great speakers and 11.2 is excellent! I went a bit over the top and got carried away.

Here is the amp breakdown:

-Front Mains (Left, Center, Right) 450W to each Low Frequency (LF) Channel (12" woofer) and 200W to each High Frequency (HF) Channel (Tweeter)
    -All Surround Channels, including the ceiling speakers are 300W for the LF and 100W for the HF
    -The Two Main 15" Subwoofers have 1000W Each.

So that is 7950W total. Craziness. But it creates extremely clear highs and mids, with very well balanced bass. The full range sound is something for both movies and for music or concert blurays. I think what really makes most of a difference is having the dedicated space and the isolation and acoustic treatment. It really allows for a much cleaner sound.
    I'm impressed. I am 5500 so you got me beat! Nothing like big sounds for a movie eh?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love dynamic sound. Really pulls you in. So, you've got 4 up top as well?
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a spaceship right there !!! Very impressive.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Ill bring the popcorn! That's awesome, man

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Love it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    That's a spaceship right there !!! Very impressive.
    We have lift off. :-) Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Ill bring the popcorn! That's awesome, man
    Heck yeah, sounds like a plan. It would pretty awesome to have a DT Forum screening of It or The Dark Tower or both.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Love it.
    Really appreciate it!

WTB:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I for one am in awe!!!! Very nice, TJ!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I for one am in awe!!!! Very nice, TJ!!!!!
    Awe-some! Many thanks!

WTB:

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Bruce can bring his popcorn machine.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Bruce can bring his popcorn machine.
    I can hear the kernels popping now. You know, I'm still trying to figure out how the first person that came up with popcorn did it. Seems like it had to have been an accident right? Corn field caught fire and there were all these yummy puffs about?

Whoever figured it out, many thanks because I can eat me some fresh popped goodness.

WTB:

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That's absolutely fantastic. How big is the screen?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY BUT.....
    Spoiler:
    SUPERCALIFFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS!

Country
    Country Flag

I do. What brand are you speakers? I am 4K 3D projection too with a 119" screen
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Thanks! The screen is 110" for 1.85:1 (Standard widescreen) and 130" for 2.35:1 or 2.40:1 (Cinemascope Widescreen). There is an auto masking for the sides of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Spoiler:
    Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay!

Awesome! I am a huge huge fan of the new Dolby Atmos and DTS:X processing. Makes a world of difference. They even got the upmix down right finally.

Speakers are ProAudioTechnology http://proaudiotechnology.com

Mains and surrounds are (SCRS-12ai) http://proaudiotechnology.com/scrs-12ai.html

Woofers are (LFC-15SM) http://proaudiotechnology.com/lfc-15sm.html

Using their DSP Amps (These are pretty amazing) http://proaudiotechnology.com/amplifiers.html

Marantz 8802a Pre/Pro - http://us.marantz.com/us/products/pa...ductId=AV8802A

Projector is Sony VPL-675ES - http://www.sony.com/electronics/projector/vpl-vw675es

WTB:

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! The screen is 110" for 1.85:1 (Standard widescreen) and 130" for 2.35:1 or 2.40:1 (Cinemascope Widescreen). There is an auto masking for the sides of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Spoiler:
    Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay!

Awesome! I am a huge huge fan of the new Dolby Atmos and DTS:X processing. Makes a world of difference. They even got the upmix down right finally.

Speakers are ProAudioTechnology http://proaudiotechnology.com

Mains and surrounds are (SCRS-12ai) http://proaudiotechnology.com/scrs-12ai.html

Woofers are (LFC-15SM) http://proaudiotechnology.com/lfc-15sm.html

Using their DSP Amps (These are pretty amazing) http://proaudiotechnology.com/amplifiers.html

Marantz 8802a Pre/Pro - http://us.marantz.com/us/products/pa...ductId=AV8802A

Projector is Sony VPL-675ES - http://www.sony.com/electronics/projector/vpl-vw675es
    VERY impressive... VERY VERY impressed. Nice job.. I cannot imagine the cost you have into this room. Great work
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

VERY impressive... VERY VERY impressed. Nice job.. I cannot imagine the cost you have into this room. Great work
    I really appreciate it. Yeah, it wasn't cheap. My wife was really worried about it at first. Then I started to get worried about it as well. It was taking quite some time and of course there were changes and extra costs along the way. It was a bit of a stressful period of time. Thankfully it all worked out. In fact when it was all done and we got into calibration mode the excitement was building. Then when we watched the first movie in it (Which was a really tough choice, but ultimately went with Intersteller as it was something we all hadn't seen and thought would be cinematic enough). Wow was it an experience. I got worried for a bit during some of the actual travel scenes. It felt like we were in the shuttle and I thought the ceiling was going to come down. My wife, who like movies, but isn't a nutsoid like me and would have been fine without the theater was awestruck by it. That made it all worth it, she really enjoys it. Our two boys, well, this was an easy one for them to be pleased about. I did a transformers movie marathon with my older boy (13) and it was fantastic. Ok, see I start to babble about it.

But yes, between the Theater and the Book Collecting, I'm going to run dry pretty soon. lol. Why couldn't I have just been interested in collecting stamps or something. Matchbox cars. Something a tad less expensive. :-)

WTB:

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I have one more question. How would you compare the picture image to Blu-ray on a normal (or in my case HD projection) TV? Better, worse, the same?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

I have one more question. How would you compare the picture image to Blu-ray on a normal (or in my case HD projection) TV? Better, worse, the same?
    Sure thing. This is a good question. When I was putting all this together my main focus was on audio much more so than the video. I wanted a good picture but excellent audio and surround sound. I did end up getting a very nice projector but it really wasn't until we started watching it that I realized how crisp of a picture it put out. One thing of note is this is the first projector I have ever owned. I'm used to flat panels previous and of course the days of CRTs and rear projection. So I went in thinking I couldn't get as nice of a picture on a projector as I could get on a TV.

Ok, so to answer the question, and this could be because the room does get full dark, but that projector puts out the clearest picture I have ever seen. With that said I do think if I were to put an LED TV in the same room it would look just as good. I think if you can't get a full dark room or close to it a LED is a better route to go. But if you need a large size, can darken the room the projection is the way to go. Especially for anything HD and Bluray. And now with HDR and 4K videos. Its pretty phenomenal how far we've come.

WTB:

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have a question but I just wanted to tell you your home cinema looks fantastic!

Country
    Country Flag

Why are you not involved with the best scene thread man!!?! You obviously love movies!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dude, I just got everyone in my family to come around the computer to look at pictures of your computer room. Man, I am equal parts awe and envy... What an amazing set up...

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you POP for a 3D projector? Also I would suggest a region free 3D Blu-Ray player.... It opens up so many options from around the world & not just Blu-Ray.
    EXAMPLES
    U.K. DVD includes extras not found in the U.S.A. copies

Spoiler:

U.S.A. Blu-Ray

U.K .Blu-Ray]

As soon as I win the Megamillions or you decide to give me your theater room lock, stock and popcorn barrel, I will install my own home theater.

Speaking of 3D movies, why are some so godawful impossible to watch (FRIGHT NIGHT), and some so beautiful (OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL) on my 3D TV?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast