Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 2017 Haven Fundraiser Auction #18-Custom bound Different Seasons with original art

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1 min 30 seconds
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

$2,600.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There it goes. Wow, whoever did that one bid at 2600 is the Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. Congrats! Now announce yourself. :-)
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Great job to everyone involved. Beautiful item.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy fuck !
    2.6K !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Holy fuck !
    2.6K !
    That be some fine loot! Arrrrrrrr!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you to everyone who looked, appreciated, bid, enjoyed.

This was a lesson learned for myself and the HF crew. The auction sale price is the highest we have ever had an item sell for. The cost to produce the book was also the highest we ever expended.

FWIW, I have book envy. I'm a bit like a surrogate mother who becomes reluctant to give up the baby. It's going to be hard to let this one go; but of course I will.

Along the Path of the Beam jsobanski will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I am the lucky one who gets to take this one home. This kills buying just about anything else big this year book-wise but it was well worth it for such an awesome book and a great cause. Thankfully my wife was on board with this too, otherwise it never would have happened for me.

It's my hope to eventually get this signed but we'll see. Regardless, I can't wait to see it in person.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsobanski View Post
    I am the lucky one who gets to take this one home. This kills buying just about anything else big this year book-wise but it was well worth it for such an awesome book and a great cause. Thankfully my wife was on board with this too, otherwise it never would have happened for me.

It's my hope to eventually get this signed but we'll see. Regardless, I can't wait to see it in person.
    My hat off to you! A cherished win, no doubt.

WTB:

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing price and congrats jsobanski. Also nice work on this one Jerome. I can completely understand how it might be tough to let it go.

Now let's try top this with the Firestarter.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!!! You've got an incredible piece of artwork there, a really amazing homage to this book and to King. And congratulations on all involved in making that auction happen, Jerome et al.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

adding my congratulations, for winning such a fantastic item, for helping such a great cause, but mostly for having the greatest Wife in the world!

Spoiler:
    Other than mine of course
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    ...adding my congratulations...mostly for having the greatest Wife in the world!
    For allowing/enabling/assisting the purchase of an incredible piece of bookcraft that also happened to be expensive?

Mine hit me with a plastic hanger when I broached the possibility of buying a $9.00 CD from Amazon - does that count?

[As for this set - this really is fine - just a really nice piece of work.]
    Last edited by St. Troy; 05-03-2017 at 05:08 AM. Reason: ell... eli... hell.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, a very nice one-of-a-kind item!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post

Congratulations, a very nice one-of-a-kind item!

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

When I saw the details of this, I was very impressed. I'm glad to see it go to a good home and definitely a one of a kind that will be amazing in your collection. Congratulations!
    Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Imagine if you will...
    Someone takes a Bill Hodges Trilogy, binds the books in nubuck leather (such that they still fit in the original slipcase ), has red moire endpapers bound in, binds in an original piece of art from a well known artist in each book, and one or more of the books is signed by King. ...

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Imagine if you will...
    Someone takes a Bill Hodges Trilogy, binds the books in nubuck leather (such that they still fit in the original slipcase ), has red moire endpapers bound in, binds in an original piece of art from a well known artist in each book, and one or more of the books is signed by King. ...

Ooooh my word!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Imagine if you will...
    Yes please!

WTB:

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on winning this auction and thanks for your contribution and support for the Haven Foundation! I hope you enjoy your new books and I'm glad they are going to a good home.

I was so pleased to see this do well and proud to have contributed to such a beautiful production. I'm always happy to help with the Haven Fund each year. Jerome did a fantastic job of the rebinding and case, it turned out to be something special and unique.

A job well done by all!
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    Congratulations on winning this auction and thanks for your contribution and support for the Haven Foundation! I hope you enjoy your new books and I'm glad they are going to a good home.

I was so pleased to see this do well and proud to have contributed to such a beautiful production. I'm always happy to help with the Haven Fund each year. Jerome did a fantastic job of the rebinding and case, it turned out to be something special and unique.

A job well done by all!

Of course your art was the secret to its success!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Along the Path of the Beam jsobanski will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A job well done by all!
    Thank you! The pieces that you contributed are amazing and the books will definitely have a place of honor in my collection.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful production and a generous donation for The Haven Foundation. Great job all around!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A job well done by all!
    Talking about it, I think that I only saw pictures from 1 member with Rachel' statue.
    Did anybody bought one? Would love to see more pictures from those in collections !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4