Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best 2017 Grand Prize?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gwendy's Button Box-Trade 1st inscribed by Chizmar and King

18 33.33%
  • Mr. Mercedes-US Trade 1st edition

8 14.81%
  • Sleeping Beauties- US Trade 1st (delivery in late 2017)

11 20.37%
  • Hearts in Suspension US Trade 1st Edition

1 1.85%
  • Charlie The Choo Choo US 1st Edition Hardback

10 18.52%
  • The Bazaar of Bad Dreams US Hardback 1st edition

6 11.11%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2017 HF Grand Prize

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2017 HF Grand Prize

Non-binding poll.
    Please read all the choices carefully before making your choice.

What book should we offer as the Grand Prize?

The book will be personally inscribed by Stephen King to the winner.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Tough Decision!

As of right now, there are five votes cast, one for each except Mr. Mercedes.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If I recall correctly, last year the winner had a choice of a couple of books correct? Or am I just making that up?

If so, will the winner get a choice again this year from the top choices?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I had to go with BoBD. Though I NEVER win!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for Mr. Mercedes, as a signed copy is still very hard to find.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just throwing this out there, but since a book from your personal collection is not an option (for what should be fairly obvious reasons) it comes down to availability and, RF's personal stock/inventory. Perhaps that should be taken into consideration is all I'm saying.

FWIW, I get a lot of accolades (and flak) for my commitment to the HF and I am all about it, but I know for a fact that NO ONE puts more time and effort into this thing every year than our own, El Jefe!!!

Spoiler:
    BTW, there are a couple more "treats" to come!!!! lol Sorry, RF!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always liked the idea of providing your own item to be signed, under the assumption that IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO IT, that's the risk you take.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I've always liked the idea of providing your own item to be signed, under the assumption that IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO IT, that's the risk you take.
    I think something did happen one year and maybe RF caught slack for it? I think a lot of people would like to choose but I think it's probably just too much of a headache overall if it involves and expensive book like a Carrie 1st or something. Probably less so if it is a book under the $100 mark.

Overall I tend to agree that beggars can't be choosers and while the book choice is cool, it's secondary to getting a personal inscription. That just doesn't happen anymore, so this is one of the few chances you have of ever getting one of those now.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

As of right now, Gwendy has the lead (9), with Charlie in 2nd (5), and close behind and tied for 3rd (4 each) are Bazaar, Sleeping, and Mercedes.

I think I am going to vote for Gwendy.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would VERY MUCH like to send my own. For instance... If you wanted to send your own UK copy of CHoo Choo... you keep the numbered page and send the book. It was $40 bucks or so.. if it gets lost.. well who cares? OR my copy of IT... keep just jacket and send it... whats that cost?? $50-$75? I think it would MEAN the world to someone to have this ability and under a $100 just works. I see no reason why this cannot be done. Of the choices above..... hmmmm not sure.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I would VERY MUCH like to send my own. For instance... If you wanted to send your own UK copy of CHoo Choo... you keep the numbered page and send the book. It was $40 bucks or so.. if it gets lost.. well who cares? OR my copy of IT... keep just jacket and send it... whats that cost?? $50-$75? I think it would MEAN the world to someone to have this ability and under a $100 just works. I see no reason why this cannot be done. Of the choices above..... hmmmm not sure.
    + 1

If I won (which is highly unlikely), I would like to ask for one of my CD Artist Editions to be inscribed, or my Lettered IT. Although I fully understand the reason why we cannot submit our own books, I would however be prepared to take full responsibility for the book's potential loss or damage, in the event that I won and could submit my own book to be inscribed. I would also be prepared to cover all of the international postage costs associated in sending King one of my books....

An even better idea if I won, would be to ask for my forthcoming CD Artist Edition of The Shining to be inscribed. This book should be shipping in June (around the same time King would be inscribing the winning book), which makes the timing perfect. Additionally, the book would already be in the US so I wouldn't have to post something from the UK....

Just my 2 cents worth.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I went with Gwendy's. New year. New favorite for the grand prize.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    If I recall correctly, last year the winner had a choice of a couple of books correct? Or am I just making that up?

If so, will the winner get a choice again this year from the top choices?
    The poll was meant to garner exciment.

The winner will be allowed to choose from most of the the poll options.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is pretty exciting. I read somewhere that it was customary for newbies to win, since they never do. Especially newbies with usernames that rhyme with MavelinRack. Just sayin'.

But just the idea of potentially being able to win a personally inscribed note from King, wow. Any book will do. I'd take a personally inscribed thesaurus.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Question: Does winning a HF auction (signed EOW) get me in the drawing?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Question: Does winning a HF auction (signed EOW) get me in the drawing?
    No. You have to actually donate money or an item for auction.

Placing a winning bid on an auction item does not count.

+ Reply to Thread