Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Darkly dreaming Dexter

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've said it in the thread begofe, but I agree. I read all of the 3rd book, but really did not think it belonged in the Dexter series.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

There were things that happened in the second book that I didn't care for (particularly with respect to Rita's kids) and the third book was just beyond the pale. Unless I hear a rave review for the fourth book, I'm done with the book series. Still love the TV show, though, and this year looks good, with Lithgow.

Country
    Country Flag

Just finally got to see the finale tonight. There hasn't been any action in this thread since the season started, but my god the finale really shook us up. Totally did not expect the ending, but then in hind-sight, yeah, I did.

If anyone wants to discuss, I'd be glad to have a more in depth conversation about it.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Go back and watch the final scene between Dexter and Trinity again with the knowledge of what has already happened. It makes that scene so much more significant. I agree that it was a truly mind-blowing finale.

Country
    Country Flag

I agree Bev. When Trinity said
    Spoiler:
    "The Cycle is complete"
    I thought he was talking about him and his issues and how Dex was humoring him by following Trinity's ritual with the train and music.

Then he got home and I see what he REALLY meant.

Spoiler:
    The only thing I'm confused about is the jumper. He took the kid, he used Rita for the bath tub, and Dex was the bludgeoner, but who was the jumper? Was that supposed to be his daughter shooting herself?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    There were things that happened in the second book that I didn't care for (particularly with respect to Rita's kids)
    Actually, that's one of the main reasons I prefer the books over the show. Obviously psychopathic children is taking it a bit far for a mainstream tv show and I appreciate in that respect why they chose to alter the story there, but it is so important to what's happening in the books - to the character of Dexter himself. It does piss me off when a tv show takes a book and completely rewrites everything in it bar the title and the names of the characters...True Blood is another example. If you're going to do that, be original and come up with your own concept from the get go.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4